Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers are pursuing Kenyon Martin and Leandrinho Barbosa next :smh:

Hmm Barbosa.. I keep reading that's a no go 1. Because of Meeks 2. Lakers don't want to use the miniMLE.. Who's saying that?

KMart will be a Knick or a Laker... He says he won't accept Vet Min, but the way the market is he's going to have to (You can't say I only want to play for a contender and expect to get paid more than vet minimum in August :rofl:) . If he takes the same route as Jordan Hill, Antwan Jamison & Jodie Meeks he's on the Lakers to win a title. Honestly as good as Knicks seem on paper, they have such a small chance of winning.

Last edited:
i dont understand how people dont think Lakers will win it all.
i think they are gonna do it easily, name a team that will shut down BOTH Pau and Howard? and do it for 7 straight games effectively :nerd:

Man I still think the Heat and Thunder can beat the Lakers. The Lakers will still be slow and killed in the transition game. Not ready to give them a title until I see them on the floor.

I repeat. Prime Kobe is better scorer/ deadlier clutch performer than MJ.
FG%, assists etc are all misleading stats. I have explained that here with stans like xtapo, deuce king, etc.
Unlike Jordan. Kobe didn't have the luxury of being on the better team in all of his championship Finals and playoff appearances.
Mj best rival at his position was Clyde Drexler and Mitch Richmond lol. It was weak competition.
MJ toughest opponent in the Finals was the Jazz. LOL. The Jazz !. lol 08 and 10 Celtics would have beaten the Jazz in less than 6 games. Hell, even the 12 Thunder would have beaten the Jazz. No wonder MJ was 6 for 6.
MJ's simple leaner over unathletic Craig Ehlo and push off shot on Russell were his greatest shots lol. Not impress at all.
Kobe's shots were much harder to make and more impressive than MJ.

As a Kobe fan i have to be realistic on this .. 97/98 JAZZ > 2000 PACERS, 2001 SIXERS, 2002 NETS .. So can we say no wonder Kobe started out 3 for 3??? :smh:
Let's not forget the path to the finals was much easier for Kobe early on, the KINGS and JAILBLAZERS were the only comp in the West during the 3-peat. They don't compare to the PACERS, KNICKS, HEAT, MAGIC teams of the 90s MJ had to face in the East to get to the finals.
I'll even add a one dimensional 2009 ORLANDO finals team was not better than the 93 SUNS or 96 SONICS finals team.
Both CELTICS teams were great plus the 2004 PISTONSteam had an amazing D, but which of the 6 BULLS championship teams would have lost to the 2004 PISTONS-08/10 CELTICS?? neither one of them would've made it out of the EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS because MJ simply wouldn't allow it. Period.
Who cares about how difficult or impressive a "shot" was as long it goes thru the basket!! This is the NBA not the HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS :nerd: :smh:

I haven't seen much of Meeks.. I know dude shoots the 3 well.. Knew he was a tweener but not to the extent..
Since Duhon & Blake are backup PG :x . I assume he plays fully SG.. Defensively is he better on a PG or SG?
Meeks is a SG through and through.

:smokin hopefully he can bring some of that same shooting touch to our team. I'll be counting on him for a nice 15 mins a game to give Kobe some quality rest with no stress.

We haven't had a decent backup for Bean in ages...if ever. :smh: :lol:

i think they are gonna do it easily, name a team that will shut down BOTH Pau and Howard? and do it for 7 straight games effectively :nerd:

i would say they have a chance now, but i dont think its easy victory. you can say the same about who will shut down KD or Bron

i would say they have a chance now, but i dont think its easy victory. you can say the same about who will shut down KD or Bron

yea but i didnt mention Kobe yet... plus they have a legit PG :lol:

that team will be beastly.

yea but i didnt mention Kobe yet... plus they have a legit PG :lol:
that team will be beastly.

playing devils advocate

kobe is his own weakness, Nash is still pretty good at his age but his age....

I think they have a better chance of destroying Heat in the paint, but if the heat shoot 3s like they did in the finals. It aint going to be easy.

If KD shoots the same way he is in olympics thats going to be tough, from last season it seemed like thunder defended the paint well enough for them to win but that with bynum in center, well see how dwight does on lakers.

well see mid season how this group is geling.

also Mike brown, hopefully he doesnt run nash, kobe and dwight into the ground with his rotations

playing devils advocate
kobe is his own weakness, Nash is still pretty good at his age but his age....
I think they have a better chance of destroying Heat in the paint, but if the heat shoot 3s like they did in the finals. It aint going to be easy.
If KD shoots the same way he is in olympics thats going to be tough, from last season it seemed like thunder defended the paint well enough for them to win but that with bynum in center, well see how dwight does on lakers.
well see mid season how this group is geling.
also Mike brown, hopefully he doesnt run nash, kobe and dwight into the ground with his rotations

And if Harden plays like he did in the finals? Gotta advocate the devil sometimes too :wink:

That was all Trina's doing, had him out at clubs drinking all night and beating it up in off time so he would expend all his mojo. ***** hit him with a mean okie doke and he didn't even realize.

Btw, since this is the NBA off season thread, what other free agents are still out there?

Anything that can really help get a team over the hump?

Yea the Lakers will still be a half court team. Put not Pay and Howard on the floor and they won't be able to keep up with heat or thunder

What I wouldn't give to see Melo, CP3 and Bron on the same team. Watching USA vs. Argentina right now :pimp: and just wow.
Oh I forgot that but I've seen Meeks play spot minutes @ the 1 for Philly.

I'm a Sixers fan and I can tell you that Meeks never played one single minute at point guard in the NBA. Jrue, Lou, Iggy and Turner brought up the ball every time.
I'm pretty sure I saw him bring the ball up the court a few times.
What I wouldn't give to see Melo, CP3 and Bron on the same team. Watching USA vs. Argentina right now :pimp: and just wow.
Oh I forgot that but I've seen Meeks play spot minutes @ the 1 for Philly.

I haven't seen much of Meeks.. I know dude shoots the 3 well.. Knew he was a tweener but not to the extent..

Since Duhon & Blake are backup PG :x . I assume he plays fully SG.. Defensively is he better on a PG or SG?
:lol: :x Yall definitely gonna have to bench Dudu but knowing Brown that'll lead to riding Nash like a race horse.

wow can't wait to see OKC vs LA now.

Lin was traded to the nightmare division.
laugh.gif

The Heat are still the team to beat and I think they're gonna win it all again. Even with all the size the Lakers have that lineup that the Heat ran in the finals is too deadly. Too many 3 point shooters for the Lakers to cover and too much speed as well.

And the Heat have a confident LeBron now.

Okc still takes the west. There's no way mwp, Nash, and bean can stop a Durant, Westbrook, and harden, especially when there gonna come off one of their best off seasons together playing for gold in the olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom