OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

Derek from Detroit: IS IT THE KNICKS MAKING A DEAL????????????

Chad Ford: (1:22 PM ET ) Yes. Bulls and Knicks have agreed to a trade. Larry Hughes for Tim Thomas and Jerome James. I'm told it's waiting for leagueapproval.

Damn, coming out of college I never imagined Tim Thomas being the journeyman that he is
laugh.gif

[h2]Sources: Suns balk at offer for Shaq[/h2]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Shaquille O'Neal and LeBron James on the same team?

[h4] [/h4]
Here's how the trade between the Bulls and Kings looks in ESPN.com's NBA Trade Machine

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that a deal to make that happen is highly unlikely before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trading deadline, but multiplesources close to the situation confirmed that the ClevelandCavaliers and Phoenix have indeed discussed the possibility.

In a proposal first reported by the Cleveland Plain Dealer, BenWallace and Sasha Pavlovic were offered tothe Suns for O'Neal as part of the Cavs' well-chronicled quests to add one more big man for the playoffs and show LeBron that they will do anythingnecessary to win a championship.

Yet sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that, entering the final two hours before the deadline, neither team was optimistic about reaching anagreement.

It's believed that the Suns have pushed Cleveland to substitute Wally Szczerbiak's $13.8 million expiring contract for Wallace, which would result in the huge financial windfall that initiallyprompted Phoenix to make Amare Stoudemire and O'Nealavailable in trades earlier this month.

Phoenix on Monday began informing teams that Stoudemire was no longer available after replacing first-year coach Terry Porter with Alvin Gentry. The Suns, though, remain eager toreduce their payroll by at least $7 million and up to $9 million to avoid paying luxury tax next season.

If the Suns were willing to accept Wallace and Pavlovic, they would slice $5.5 million from next season's books, as Wallace's salary decreases from$14.5 million this season to $14 million in 2009-10 and because only $1.5 million of Pavlovic's $5 million salary next season is guaranteed.

The Suns' desire to take back Szczerbiak and Pavlovic is understandable. In that scenario, Phoenix would erase $19.5 million from next season'spayroll.

Confident that O'Neal's close relationship with James would offset any concerns about making such a bold midseason acquisition, Cleveland shiftedits sights to Shaq after bids for a variety of big men -- including Washington's Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler and Los Angeles Clippers center Marcus Camby -- were rejected.

O'Neal has been rejuvenated this season at 36 in spite of the Suns' overall struggles, earning a Western Conference reserve spot in lastSunday's All-Star Game via the coaches' vote and sharing MVP honors with former Los Angeles Lakers teammate KobeBryant.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

Marc Stein: Word is coming in that the Knicks are closing in on some new players.

It is not immediately clear if this would be two separate trades or a three-way exchange, but I'm hearing that Oklahoma City's Chris Wilcox -- who wentback to the Thunder on Wednesday night when the Tyson Chandler trade was rescinded -- and Chicago's Larry Hughes are New York-bound.

To complete the transaction(s), Oklahoma City would get Malik Rose and Chicago would receive Tim Thomas, Jerome James and Anthony Roberson.

Trying to nail it all down for you.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

so the knicks get a solid big man in Chris Wilcox and Larry hughes for TT, JJ, and anthony roberson. Damn donnie Walsh is good
Sounds like a good trade to me.

Walsh was on point.

Still up in the air but the Hughes one is pretty much done.

Jerome James gone.

Good Job by the Knicks.

negatron

Derek from Detroit: IS IT THE KNICKS MAKING A DEAL????????????

SportsNation Chad Ford: Yes. Bulls and Knicks have agreed to a trade. Larry Hughes for Tim Thomas and Jerome James. I'm told it's waiting for leagueapproval.

2 serviceable players for trash.. Good job Walsh..

But DAMN! I wanna see big trades not this weak crap..

it was a trash deal all around(bulls and knicks)

but i need that contact site ASAP PLZZZZ

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Tim Thomas getting traded from New York to Chicago again
laugh.gif
...wonder if he'll get bought out again.
Actually, I'm almost certain he'll be bought out.. There's no reason to give him any of Deng or TT's minutes.. lol

yes like i was saying this trade is trash going and coming

from a salary stand point TT and JJ = Larry

Back
Top Bottom