OFFICIAL NBA TRADE DEADLINE THREAD UPDATE:SHAQ TO CAVS? McCANTS TO SAC/CHANDLER RETURNED TO SENDER

So the rockets throw away rafer for garbage and tmac is out. Offense will be horrendous like against the jazz last season.

#%@% it i dont even care we moved gooden larry thabo and noc *%!+ i dont kno about the other bulls fans but i kno im happy as #%@%

smh.gif
at the Rockets

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Knicks definitely lost on this one.
how?

how can u say they came out winners?
They gave up 3 people that wasn't producing for people that have chances of maybe doing something...

Wilcox could be that defensive presence that we need.. and maybe just maybe hughes drop something like 10pts a game..

think about it Jerome james and malik rose avg 0 mins a game..

roberson
indifferent.gif
and

we just might have lost size... but got it right back with Wilcox.....

Originally Posted by CasperJr

#%@% it i dont even care we moved gooden larry thabo and noc *%!+ i dont kno about the other bulls fans but i kno im happy as #%@%
it would have been nice if we got Amare or Bosh, but getting rid of Gooden, Larry, Thabo and Noc makes me happy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it would have been nice if we got Amare or Bosh, but getting rid of Gooden, Larry, Thabo and Noc makes me happy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great trades for the Knicks
pimp.gif

Sooooo...that expiring Wally contract went....nowhere?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

We've heard about that damn thing for 2 years.

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i aint even rushing that we getting one of them(i hope bosh) in due time
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AiRjOrDaN1217

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i aint even rushing that we getting one of them(i hope bosh) in due time
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lol, im just impatient

how?

Adding Larry Hughes?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What does that say about personnel decisions....

And the Cavs did the right thing standing pat, rather than making a deal just to make one.

Their desired trades were not on deck and they figured, let Wally expire, then make a big move in the offseason when teams are crunched with the decreasingsalary cap, and AV opting out.

Ferry is smarter than I give him credit for
pimp.gif

I'm happy we got rid of Hughes and Noc's contracts but I'm extremely displeased we had to deal with the devil to get it done
smh.gif

Therefore I'm just content right now.

The Knicks got 2 things they needed and only gave up Tim Thomas..

how did they not win?

Seriously, someone enlighten me on that one?

This is the Cavs year, if there is going to be one.. Idk how you don't do what is necessary to go get it.

just let that contract expire? stupid.

it was always a card Cavs fans would pull, we have Wally's contract, we'll use that to build around Lebron, now it's the offseason..

The Rockets have made a smart move by getting rid of Rafer, they may actually surprise some teams in the playoffs this year. I thought they may have been ableto con some teams into giving up a bit more for Rafer, but this will do.

Adding Larry Hughes?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the contracts that we got back are also expiring in 2010 which is exactly what donnie has been trying to do in the 1st place. is larry hughes any worse thanthomas? umm i think not. plus we got added def. help with wilcox. dropping jerome james' contract shouldve put us in winners circle from the jump. how canyou say we didnt win?

Originally Posted by allen3xis

This is the Cavs year, if there is going to be one.. Idk how you don't do what is necessary to go get it.

just let that contract expire? stupid.

it was always a card Cavs fans would pull, we have Wally's contract, we'll use that to build around Lebron, now it's the offseason..
Ok so what would you have done?

You cannot just make a move for the sake of making one fam.

This team is 41-11....THIRTY GAMES over .500

The Cavs are already a playoff type team as evident by their success in the past with teams not nearly as solid as this one.

No need to rock the boat if it ain't worth rockin'.

The deals the Cavs can make will be better in the offseason rather than now due to the NBA's economic climate

You have to weigh the options. They feel they have a better chance to win with this team they have now than to alter the chemistry, mortgage the future and diga hole via a BAD deal.

All year long all we hear about is expiring contracts, expiring, expiring, etc etc and yet none of the bigs one were moved for anything.

Those are bad moves imo. The whole point of those contracts were to add talent and neither the Cavs or Portland did that.

nah i kinda agree. we did need a big man to beat LA but who knows what will happen til it happens. wallys gonna have more pressure on him than bron. everyoneknows what bron is capable of but wally has been nothin but an expiring contract. now that we keep him, he HAS to produce like hes been as of late. if not, hewill get booed. i was checkin out the cavs forums and they are so stupid over there its nuts. everyone hates ferry now. dont they look at this team now andwhat it was just a few years ago? complete transformation. we are 5 x better than we were back when eric snow ran the point. (that wasnt too long ag0)

cavs fans yellin "snow and wally for shaq" like PHX would let that slide.

i would have liked camby or joe smith. we just need a bigger body out there but if we didnt get one, we're gonna have to roll with what we have. no pointin complainin about it now.

How are people not getting that the Knicks are only concerned about 2010? The two contracts in Wilcox and Hughes both expire before 2010. And as Fresh Boy DJstated earlier, both Jerome James and Malik Rose were playing ZERO minutes per game, which means they did NOTHING forproduction. Tim Thomas was the only player we let go that was bringing anything to the table. Chris Wilcox, althoughhe's here for financial purposes, is a bigger defensive presence than anyone we let go.

Larry Hughes could aide in scoring but again, his purpose in a Knicks uniform is financial. The fact that we managed to get rid of Jerome James contract stunsme, Donnie is a god in NYC right now. Roberson was another big waste of space. And now that we may have freed up a roster spot, it clears the way for PatrickEwing Jr. to be brought up from the NBDL, which a lot of Knicks fans have been hoping for.
pimp.gif

outacontrol music wrote:

Ok so what would you have done?

You cannot just make a move for the sake of making one fam.

No need to rock the boat if it ain't worth rockin'.

QFT

you gota go make a move to put the team over the top IMO.

whether it was Camby, Shaq, Jefferson...

find a way to do it.

Yes, it's a team built for the playoffs, mostly due to LeBron. He needs 1 more piece around him.

They don't break through and beat Boston, pressure will be on Ferry BIG TIME this summer.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

how?

Adding Larry Hughes?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So the Knicks traded a bunch of people that get no burn for someone that could be added to provide depth in a position we need depth in.

You obviously have a bias against the Knicks because of your fear of Bron coming to NY in 2010, and that's fine.

The Cavs not making a move will come back to haunt them.
What's the point of keeping Wallys expiring contract? The Cavs are still going to be over the cap until 2010.

Originally Posted by belle155

nah i kinda agree. we did need a big man to beat LA but who knows what will happen til it happens

I look @ it like this...

When Delonte returns, he allows Bron to move from guarding a player like Kobe down to the frontcourt vs Odom.

He increases the Cavaliers rebounding abilities and low post defense.

I think this team should be fine.

Ferry turned Donyell, Laura, Amon Ones, Cedric Simmons, Drew Gooden...etc into Mo Williams, Delonte West, Ben Wallace and Wally Sczcerbiak....

I think he's done fantastic and is why the team is 41-11

you gota go make a move to put the team over the top IMO.

whether it was Camby, Shaq, Jefferson...

find a way to do it.

FAM....

The deals were not there for the taking.

The Cavs will not follow the DAL and PHX route of abandoning the future for aging players like Shaq.

Sure I would've loved Camby, but LAC refused to negotiate.

And KLJ, I woulda ripped Ferry a new one had he made an awful deal.

Back
Top Bottom