Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

1993-94 Nuggets 
pimp.gif

I just pray Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf isn't one of the few players left off the roster. And it's too bad there isn't the '93-'94 SuperSonics to beat up in the game.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

1993-94 Nuggets 
pimp.gif

I just pray Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf isn't one of the few players left off the roster. And it's too bad there isn't the '93-'94 SuperSonics to beat up in the game.
Abdul-Rauf is in the game, however, Jalen Rose isn't
indifferent.gif

1993-94 Nuggets 
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DCBJordan

1993-94 Nuggets 
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Saw the roster on the 2K Facebook page; my life is good!

Why would Jalen Rose be in the game?

Originally Posted by DCBJordan

1993-94 Nuggets 
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Saw the roster on the 2K Facebook page; my life is good!

Why would Jalen Rose be in the game?

NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #2 - NBA's Greatest

Hi everyone!

Erick Boenisch here, Producer for NBA 2K12.  I’d like to thank everyone upfront for your continued support and for taking time out of your day to allow us to tell you what NBA 2K12 is all about.  We’re all amazed at how well this game has turned out.  There was definitely a lot of pressure on this team to top what many called the greatest basketball game of all time in NBA 2K11.  I’m here to tell you that we achieved that goal…and then some.  Let’s get to it.

Today I’m going to be talking about a feature that many of you have heard of, but may have questions about how exactly it works.  Enter NBA’s Greatest.  Built off the success of The Jordan Challenge from 2K11, NBA’s Greatest pays tribute to 15 of the most influential and game-defining players the NBA has ever seen. Painstakingly re-created, the players, teams, and, even the presentation elements were built with no detail left behind. 

I realize you’re probably chomping at the bit to learn who we selected to feature in NBA’s Greatest, so in no particular order, here we go…

Michael Jordan

16980.jpg

What’s left to say about Michael that hasn’t been said already?  His entire career was laid out before your eyes in NBA 2K11, including the major games that ultimately shaped his legacy.  In ‘NBA’s Greatest’, we are going to honor MJ by pitting him against one of the most exciting and energetic teams of the early 90s, the 1992-93 Charlotte Hornets, led by none other than Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, and Mugsy Bogues.

The Teams

1992-93 Bulls
: B.J. Armstrong, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Scott Williams, John Paxson, Rodney McCray, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy

1992-93 Hornets
: Muggsy Bogues, Kendall Gill, David Wingate, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Dell Curry, Johnny Newman, Kenny Gattison, Tony Bennett, Sidney Green, Kevin Lynch

Magic Johnson

16978.jpg

A 6'9" point guard who had the ability to play any position. No player was greater at making the players around him better. Magic Johnson re-shaped basketball by making the Showtime Lakers a household name and leading the charge in bringing the NBA to the forefront of sports.  His opponent, one his Lakers seemingly played against EVERY year in the playoffs, absolutely needs no introduction…

The Teams

1990-91 Lakers
: Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy, Sam Perkins, Vlade Divac, A.C. Green, Larry Drew, Mychal Thompson, Elden Campbell

1990-91 Trail Blazers
: Terry Porter, Clyde Drexler, Jerome Kersey, Buck Williams, Kevin Duckworth, Cliff Robinson, Danny Ainge, Mark Bryant, Drazen Petrovic

Larry Bird

16979.jpg

Larry Legend was a once in a generation player: A shooter that defined the word clutch, a competitor like no other and above all, a winner.  For these reasons (and a hundred more), Larry was an obvious inclusion in our 15 players.  The only question left was: who would he play?  While the rivalry with the Lakers stole the headlines for the better part of a decade, another rival, this one in the Eastern Conference, kept things interesting come playoff time…

The Teams

1985-86 Celtics: Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, Jerry Sichting, Scott Wedman, Sam Vincent

1985-86 Hawks
: Doc Rivers, Randy Wittman, Dominique Wilkins, Kevin Willis, Tree Rollins, Cliff Levingston, Eddie Johnson, Jon Koncak, Spud Webb, Antoine Carr, Scott Hasting

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

16977.jpg

The NBA’s all-time leading scorer, a six-time NBA champion, a remarkable 19-time all-star, a six-time NBA MVP, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar redefined the center position by shedding the power and size label and instead defining it with grace and agility.  His sky hook became one of the most effective weapons in all of sports.  In this game, you’ll absolutely need to use it to your advantage in order to take down one of the greatest Celtics teams ever in this classic Lakers vs. Celtics showdown.

The Teams

1986-87 Lakers
: Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy, A.C. Green, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambis, Billy Thompson, Mychal Thompson, Frank Brickowski

1985-86 Celtics
: Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, Jerry Sichting, Scott Wedman, Sam Vincent

Julius Erving

16976.jpg

Perhaps the most spectacular basketball player ever, Dr. J almost single-handedly revolutionized the game. He was an innovator who pioneered the modern style of play that emphasizes leaping and scoring above the rim. He was a wizard with the ball, performing feats never before seen, including midair spins and whirls punctuated by powerful slam dunks.  He is an NBA legend and an easy selection in our list of 15.  His opponent in this matchup is the 1984-85 Bucks, who quietly won the Central division with an impressive 59-23 record.  Coached by Don Nelson, the young Bucks were an upstart team with something to prove against one of the game’s all-time greats.

The Teams

1984-85 76ers
: Maurice Cheeks, Clint Richardson, Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, Moses Malone, Clemon Johnson, George Johnson

1984-85 Bucks
: Craig Hodges, Sidney Moncrief, Paul Pressey, Terry Cummings, Alton Lister, Mike Dunleavy, Ricky Pierce, Paul Mokeski, Randy Breuer, Charles Davis

Bill Russell

17339.jpg

Well before our generation, Bill Russell dominated the paint with tenacious rebounding and intimidating shot-blocking.  A five-time MVP and an 11-time NBA champion, Bill Russell is one of the most decorated players in NBA history.  Former teammate, Don Nelson, on Russell, “There are two types of superstars; one makes himself look good at the expense of the other guys on the floor. But there's another type who makes the players around him look better than they are, and that's the type Russell was.

NBA 2K12 Developer Insight #2 - NBA's Greatest

Hi everyone!

Erick Boenisch here, Producer for NBA 2K12.  I’d like to thank everyone upfront for your continued support and for taking time out of your day to allow us to tell you what NBA 2K12 is all about.  We’re all amazed at how well this game has turned out.  There was definitely a lot of pressure on this team to top what many called the greatest basketball game of all time in NBA 2K11.  I’m here to tell you that we achieved that goal…and then some.  Let’s get to it.

Today I’m going to be talking about a feature that many of you have heard of, but may have questions about how exactly it works.  Enter NBA’s Greatest.  Built off the success of The Jordan Challenge from 2K11, NBA’s Greatest pays tribute to 15 of the most influential and game-defining players the NBA has ever seen. Painstakingly re-created, the players, teams, and, even the presentation elements were built with no detail left behind. 

I realize you’re probably chomping at the bit to learn who we selected to feature in NBA’s Greatest, so in no particular order, here we go…

Michael Jordan

16980.jpg

What’s left to say about Michael that hasn’t been said already?  His entire career was laid out before your eyes in NBA 2K11, including the major games that ultimately shaped his legacy.  In ‘NBA’s Greatest’, we are going to honor MJ by pitting him against one of the most exciting and energetic teams of the early 90s, the 1992-93 Charlotte Hornets, led by none other than Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, and Mugsy Bogues.

The Teams

1992-93 Bulls
: B.J. Armstrong, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Bill Cartwright, Scott Williams, John Paxson, Rodney McCray, Stacey King, Will Perdue, Ed Nealy

1992-93 Hornets
: Muggsy Bogues, Kendall Gill, David Wingate, Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, Dell Curry, Johnny Newman, Kenny Gattison, Tony Bennett, Sidney Green, Kevin Lynch

Magic Johnson

16978.jpg

A 6'9" point guard who had the ability to play any position. No player was greater at making the players around him better. Magic Johnson re-shaped basketball by making the Showtime Lakers a household name and leading the charge in bringing the NBA to the forefront of sports.  His opponent, one his Lakers seemingly played against EVERY year in the playoffs, absolutely needs no introduction…

The Teams

1990-91 Lakers
: Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy, Sam Perkins, Vlade Divac, A.C. Green, Larry Drew, Mychal Thompson, Elden Campbell

1990-91 Trail Blazers
: Terry Porter, Clyde Drexler, Jerome Kersey, Buck Williams, Kevin Duckworth, Cliff Robinson, Danny Ainge, Mark Bryant, Drazen Petrovic

Larry Bird

16979.jpg

Larry Legend was a once in a generation player: A shooter that defined the word clutch, a competitor like no other and above all, a winner.  For these reasons (and a hundred more), Larry was an obvious inclusion in our 15 players.  The only question left was: who would he play?  While the rivalry with the Lakers stole the headlines for the better part of a decade, another rival, this one in the Eastern Conference, kept things interesting come playoff time…

The Teams

1985-86 Celtics: Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, Jerry Sichting, Scott Wedman, Sam Vincent

1985-86 Hawks
: Doc Rivers, Randy Wittman, Dominique Wilkins, Kevin Willis, Tree Rollins, Cliff Levingston, Eddie Johnson, Jon Koncak, Spud Webb, Antoine Carr, Scott Hasting

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

16977.jpg

The NBA’s all-time leading scorer, a six-time NBA champion, a remarkable 19-time all-star, a six-time NBA MVP, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar redefined the center position by shedding the power and size label and instead defining it with grace and agility.  His sky hook became one of the most effective weapons in all of sports.  In this game, you’ll absolutely need to use it to your advantage in order to take down one of the greatest Celtics teams ever in this classic Lakers vs. Celtics showdown.

The Teams

1986-87 Lakers
: Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy, A.C. Green, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambis, Billy Thompson, Mychal Thompson, Frank Brickowski

1985-86 Celtics
: Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Bill Walton, Jerry Sichting, Scott Wedman, Sam Vincent

Julius Erving

16976.jpg

Perhaps the most spectacular basketball player ever, Dr. J almost single-handedly revolutionized the game. He was an innovator who pioneered the modern style of play that emphasizes leaping and scoring above the rim. He was a wizard with the ball, performing feats never before seen, including midair spins and whirls punctuated by powerful slam dunks.  He is an NBA legend and an easy selection in our list of 15.  His opponent in this matchup is the 1984-85 Bucks, who quietly won the Central division with an impressive 59-23 record.  Coached by Don Nelson, the young Bucks were an upstart team with something to prove against one of the game’s all-time greats.

The Teams

1984-85 76ers
: Maurice Cheeks, Clint Richardson, Julius Erving, Bobby Jones, Moses Malone, Clemon Johnson, George Johnson

1984-85 Bucks
: Craig Hodges, Sidney Moncrief, Paul Pressey, Terry Cummings, Alton Lister, Mike Dunleavy, Ricky Pierce, Paul Mokeski, Randy Breuer, Charles Davis

Bill Russell

17339.jpg

Well before our generation, Bill Russell dominated the paint with tenacious rebounding and intimidating shot-blocking.  A five-time MVP and an 11-time NBA champion, Bill Russell is one of the most decorated players in NBA history.  Former teammate, Don Nelson, on Russell, “There are two types of superstars; one makes himself look good at the expense of the other guys on the floor. But there's another type who makes the players around him look better than they are, and that's the type Russell was.

I guess we'll be getting a generic #34 with the 84-85 76ers
ohwell.gif
, hopefully he looks n plays like barkley.

I hope 2k finally got the court shine right this year. Last year they all seemed very dull especially in Boston
sick.gif
 (PS3)

I guess we'll be getting a generic #34 with the 84-85 76ers
ohwell.gif
, hopefully he looks n plays like barkley.

I hope 2k finally got the court shine right this year. Last year they all seemed very dull especially in Boston
sick.gif
 (PS3)

Back
Top Bottom