Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

I need help fellas I had to delete my 2k game data from my ps3 because it wouldnt load now its all good got my MyPlayer and create a legends back BUT my nike id doesnt have any of the updates LeBrons Kobe
systems KD's etc what do i do? help is greatly appreciated

I need help fellas I had to delete my 2k game data from my ps3 because it wouldnt load now its all good got my MyPlayer and create a legends back BUT my nike id doesnt have any of the updates LeBrons Kobe

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Originally Posted by CashBanks

Just got my 2k back after 3 months, played an IRL friend, got cheesed heavy. He scored 81 points 70 of which were in the paint..... SMH, I'm rusty and completely forgot my defensive scheme. Pointers?

My offensive is rusty but I only lost by 9 and then 14, its just the defense. He picks The heat backs down with bron, spins off then euro steps, or hits Euro step from the free throw area. He also leaks out when the game is close and makes no subs at all.

Just got my 2k back after 3 months, played an IRL friend, got cheesed heavy. He scored 81 points 70 of which were in the paint..... SMH, I'm rusty and completely forgot my defensive scheme. Pointers?

My offensive is rusty but I only lost by 9 and then 14, its just the defense. He picks The heat backs down with bron, spins off then euro steps, or hits Euro step from the free throw area. He also leaks out when the game is close and makes no subs at all.

So what's the verdit on this game? All the bad things I keep hearing (easy 3's with centers, etc.) are what put me off when it first came out. Have these issues been fixed?

So what's the verdit on this game? All the bad things I keep hearing (easy 3's with centers, etc.) are what put me off when it first came out. Have these issues been fixed?

The game is fine, just download Ronyell's roster and get yourself a good set of sliders.

On default, the game isn't worth your money.

The game is fine, just download Ronyell's roster and get yourself a good set of sliders.

On default, the game isn't worth your money.

[font=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]
The Sovartus 50 Winning Ways of 2K

1. Pay attention to all subs for both teams.

2. Pay attention to all mismatches 

3. Pre-Set and manually select all plays that you run for each individual player

4. Monitor all of the plays that the CPU is running to score

5. Manually set all Defensive settings for every opposing player throughout the game.

6. Manually select all screening settings for opposing players throughout the game.

7. Manually set and adjust all Coaching settings throughout the game according to the game-plan according to the team you are facing and as 

personnel changes on the floor. Pay special attention to adjust between quarters and make it mandatory at halftime to avoid the famous 3rd quarter run.

8. Monitor player fatigue and it's affect on team chemistry and player shooting abitlity.

9. Pay attention to all momentum swings due to the CPU scoring more than 2 to 4 baskets in a row.

10. Pay attention to all player consistency ratings for slumps and hot streaks

11. Memorize all player hot spots and cold spots

12. Pay attention to all shooting bars under the player and only take shots when there are 4 or more. 

13. Know all your player release points and hit them perfectly more than 80% of the time. His proper release timing is the light that flashes under his feet or just before his hand goes forward when the ball reaches his forehead.

14. Pay attention to the defense and know the difference between the ball side and help side. Once you know this you will need to be familiar with the defenders' defensive awareness ratings to know who will help quickly when you drive so you can hit the open man.

15. Pay attention to the on ball defender and watch for the slight adjustments left, right, or backwards for opportunities to beat him off the dribble or take the jumper.

16. Never make a pass to a man that isn't set in the post and calling for the ball.

17. Never pass the ball to a player that isn't looking at the ball handler.

18. Only pass to a cutter when he is calling for the ball or wide open.

19. Pay attention to the ball line (the path the ball will travel when passed) when passing and never make a pass when a player is less than a step away from it or in it.

20. Learn the timing of movement in your plays so you will pass at the right time.

21. Learn all of the post moves (you can find them in the menu under advanced controls).

22. Learn all of your players' proficiencies so you will know what shots, dribble moves, and post moves your players' can perform. (you can find them by clicking the RS and using the triggers/L2-R2 until you see them)

23. Never make a post move toward the help defense.

24. Never make a post move that puts you behind the backboard.

25. Only dribble if the play calls for it, you are creating a better passing angle, or if you are driving an OPEN lane.

26. Activate your lay up, dunk, runner, dribble pull up, hop step, euro step, spin lay up/dunk or other shot attempt AS SOON AS you get past a defender and before you get in the lane. (using regular lay ups gets you more fouls)

27. Try to always shoot a shot off of an assist.

28. Always start your jumper BEFORE the OPEN shooter catches the ball.

29. Manually call for picks when your play isn't working and be sure to use manual pick control to choose who will set the pick so you can pick a good cutter or good mid range shooter.

30. Use picks A LOT.

31. When a shot goes up immediately press the box out button and try to switch to a high rated rebounder.

32. Try to only take shots in players' hot spots.

33. Try to get your players hot by giving them consecutive shots when they hit.

34. Sub out players that miss more than 2 shots in a row or don't let them shoot jumpers until you make 2 to 3 lay ups/dunks with him to get him hot.

35. Shoot as many shots as you can with your superstars until the CPU starts to double him.

36. Only use the RS and LS in the direction of the shooter when closing out or defending a post fade away.

37. Only use the RS during post defense never use the Y/triangle button.

38. Turn your Defensive Assist up to 100 and hold the LT/L2 button until the CPU makes it's initial move to never get beaten off the dribble and have the same "perfect" on ball defense the CPU has against you.

39. If your player has a Great or Good proficiency for a post fade away and high close rating, use it as often as you can making sure to fade away from the double team/help defense.

40. Always move your defender to where the ball handler is going (not try to catch him) by moving between him and the basket in the angle he is taking to the basket.

41. When a computer ball handler makes a move always back up first and NEVER try to cut him off while playing close defense while being sure that you are prepared to use the RS to close out.

42. Go to Manage Roster>Roster>select a player>press A/X> Edit>and move over to Hot Spots to learn where your players like to go to on the court in certain situations so you will know where to pass the ball to on camera views that cut off the court so you can't see all of your players.

43. Never take long shots, low quality, or quick shots against the CPU on higher difficulty levels because the CPU will typically score in transition because it is programmed to do so.

44. Practice beating the CPU off the dribble in Post Move Practice.

45. Practice running your plays in Scrimmage mode with the hot spots map on so you will know where you need to set the play up from.

46. Call your plays from the side of the court that will make the play end on the side of the court where your player's hot spot is.

47. Use direct passing to fade or curl a screen when the CPU or human opponent is over playing your plays.

48. Always head fake at least one time when you catch the ball on the perimeter when playing the CPU unless you are catching to shoot an open shot. This will make the defender react so you can drive easier or get him in the air.

49. If you hop step into the lane ALWAYS head fake first and go straight up. Same is true with post moves and offensive rebounds.

50. Use the dribble pull up by centering the LS holding the LT/L2 and moving the RS after a head fake on the perimeter instead of dribbling manually to get a quick shot. Make sure your player has a good or great Dribble pull up proficiency and Shoot off the Dribble rating.
[/font]

[font=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]
The Sovartus 50 Winning Ways of 2K

1. Pay attention to all subs for both teams.

2. Pay attention to all mismatches 

3. Pre-Set and manually select all plays that you run for each individual player

4. Monitor all of the plays that the CPU is running to score

5. Manually set all Defensive settings for every opposing player throughout the game.

6. Manually select all screening settings for opposing players throughout the game.

7. Manually set and adjust all Coaching settings throughout the game according to the game-plan according to the team you are facing and as 

personnel changes on the floor. Pay special attention to adjust between quarters and make it mandatory at halftime to avoid the famous 3rd quarter run.

8. Monitor player fatigue and it's affect on team chemistry and player shooting abitlity.

9. Pay attention to all momentum swings due to the CPU scoring more than 2 to 4 baskets in a row.

10. Pay attention to all player consistency ratings for slumps and hot streaks

11. Memorize all player hot spots and cold spots

12. Pay attention to all shooting bars under the player and only take shots when there are 4 or more. 

13. Know all your player release points and hit them perfectly more than 80% of the time. His proper release timing is the light that flashes under his feet or just before his hand goes forward when the ball reaches his forehead.

14. Pay attention to the defense and know the difference between the ball side and help side. Once you know this you will need to be familiar with the defenders' defensive awareness ratings to know who will help quickly when you drive so you can hit the open man.

15. Pay attention to the on ball defender and watch for the slight adjustments left, right, or backwards for opportunities to beat him off the dribble or take the jumper.

16. Never make a pass to a man that isn't set in the post and calling for the ball.

17. Never pass the ball to a player that isn't looking at the ball handler.

18. Only pass to a cutter when he is calling for the ball or wide open.

19. Pay attention to the ball line (the path the ball will travel when passed) when passing and never make a pass when a player is less than a step away from it or in it.

20. Learn the timing of movement in your plays so you will pass at the right time.

21. Learn all of the post moves (you can find them in the menu under advanced controls).

22. Learn all of your players' proficiencies so you will know what shots, dribble moves, and post moves your players' can perform. (you can find them by clicking the RS and using the triggers/L2-R2 until you see them)

23. Never make a post move toward the help defense.

24. Never make a post move that puts you behind the backboard.

25. Only dribble if the play calls for it, you are creating a better passing angle, or if you are driving an OPEN lane.

26. Activate your lay up, dunk, runner, dribble pull up, hop step, euro step, spin lay up/dunk or other shot attempt AS SOON AS you get past a defender and before you get in the lane. (using regular lay ups gets you more fouls)

27. Try to always shoot a shot off of an assist.

28. Always start your jumper BEFORE the OPEN shooter catches the ball.

29. Manually call for picks when your play isn't working and be sure to use manual pick control to choose who will set the pick so you can pick a good cutter or good mid range shooter.

30. Use picks A LOT.

31. When a shot goes up immediately press the box out button and try to switch to a high rated rebounder.

32. Try to only take shots in players' hot spots.

33. Try to get your players hot by giving them consecutive shots when they hit.

34. Sub out players that miss more than 2 shots in a row or don't let them shoot jumpers until you make 2 to 3 lay ups/dunks with him to get him hot.

35. Shoot as many shots as you can with your superstars until the CPU starts to double him.

36. Only use the RS and LS in the direction of the shooter when closing out or defending a post fade away.

37. Only use the RS during post defense never use the Y/triangle button.

38. Turn your Defensive Assist up to 100 and hold the LT/L2 button until the CPU makes it's initial move to never get beaten off the dribble and have the same "perfect" on ball defense the CPU has against you.

39. If your player has a Great or Good proficiency for a post fade away and high close rating, use it as often as you can making sure to fade away from the double team/help defense.

40. Always move your defender to where the ball handler is going (not try to catch him) by moving between him and the basket in the angle he is taking to the basket.

41. When a computer ball handler makes a move always back up first and NEVER try to cut him off while playing close defense while being sure that you are prepared to use the RS to close out.

42. Go to Manage Roster>Roster>select a player>press A/X> Edit>and move over to Hot Spots to learn where your players like to go to on the court in certain situations so you will know where to pass the ball to on camera views that cut off the court so you can't see all of your players.

43. Never take long shots, low quality, or quick shots against the CPU on higher difficulty levels because the CPU will typically score in transition because it is programmed to do so.

44. Practice beating the CPU off the dribble in Post Move Practice.

45. Practice running your plays in Scrimmage mode with the hot spots map on so you will know where you need to set the play up from.

46. Call your plays from the side of the court that will make the play end on the side of the court where your player's hot spot is.

47. Use direct passing to fade or curl a screen when the CPU or human opponent is over playing your plays.

48. Always head fake at least one time when you catch the ball on the perimeter when playing the CPU unless you are catching to shoot an open shot. This will make the defender react so you can drive easier or get him in the air.

49. If you hop step into the lane ALWAYS head fake first and go straight up. Same is true with post moves and offensive rebounds.

50. Use the dribble pull up by centering the LS holding the LT/L2 and moving the RS after a head fake on the perimeter instead of dribbling manually to get a quick shot. Make sure your player has a good or great Dribble pull up proficiency and Shoot off the Dribble rating.
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom