Official NCAA Football 12 Thread: Patch #4 Available Nov. 8th Details p. 41

Maybe it's my controller, but I'm having trouble with kicking. I'll have to keep flicking the right analog stick up and down mad times, then hold it for my meter to start. Anyone else have this problem?

Originally Posted by CJ003

is anyone else having an impossible time throwing the deep ball. My receivers always have a step, and the qb throws the ball short. All I am doing is tapping the throw button (ive tried changing the pressure) is there anything else I should do? and buttons that make the ball go further?

thanks

Nope. It's actually quite easy for me (I play with USCe). You gotta get some air underneath the deep ball with the left analog stick. Gives your receiver time to get under it.

Leaving it short is rarely a problem for me though (unless I wait too long and my guy is too far down field).

Originally Posted by CJ003

is anyone else having an impossible time throwing the deep ball. My receivers always have a step, and the qb throws the ball short. All I am doing is tapping the throw button (ive tried changing the pressure) is there anything else I should do? and buttons that make the ball go further?

thanks

Nope. It's actually quite easy for me (I play with USCe). You gotta get some air underneath the deep ball with the left analog stick. Gives your receiver time to get under it.

Leaving it short is rarely a problem for me though (unless I wait too long and my guy is too far down field).

There's supposedly a roster glitch with named rosters. Anyone experienced this?

Christian McLeod has confirmed the NCAA Football 12 roster glitch will be addressed in an upcoming patch. The fix for now? Are you ready for this? Delete your named roster file.

What are the problems you ask? Here are just a few comments from the OS community.

One of the NCAA Football 12 Software Engineer's posted this topic (roster related), in hopes to get some things resolved.

When you edit the name of a scrambling QB it changes them to balanced and editing a balanced QB changes them to scrambling. I noticed when i downloaded a roster with names that Denard Robinson was shown as a balanced QB so i went back to the default roster and he was back to a scrambler. So i played a game with the named roster and he attempted zero scrambles. I then played a game with the default roster and he scrambled five times in the first two drives.

I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......

I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.

Being that other players tendancies have changed, I noticed some things.

1. LBs get a lot of tips and INTs on named rosters, even when they aren't in position to do so.

2. Safeties who suppose to be heavy hitters, turn into coverage guys and Intercept passes they normally wouldn't.

3. WRs get off the line quicker on named rosters and they hit stick tackle people on Ints. I had intercepted a pass and a WR hit sticked me.

4. Thomas with his new found strength is now more likely to keep the ball on read option plays. More like 90% of the time now. This was the same way in NCAA 11 when you made a QB's strength too high.

5. DEs don't generate a pass rush on named rosters like they do on non named rosters.

Now I am REALLY glad I didn't delete the default roster. I will have that to play until they fixed the name rosters issue.

Way too many players to edit get them back to what they suppose to be tendancy wise. Which is another thing, with the work around even though they back to their correct tendancy, their ratings will be out of whack.

Good players will be made weaker, weaker bad players will be made stronger.

Link

No bueno.
30t6p3b.gif

There's supposedly a roster glitch with named rosters. Anyone experienced this?

Christian McLeod has confirmed the NCAA Football 12 roster glitch will be addressed in an upcoming patch. The fix for now? Are you ready for this? Delete your named roster file.

What are the problems you ask? Here are just a few comments from the OS community.

One of the NCAA Football 12 Software Engineer's posted this topic (roster related), in hopes to get some things resolved.

When you edit the name of a scrambling QB it changes them to balanced and editing a balanced QB changes them to scrambling. I noticed when i downloaded a roster with names that Denard Robinson was shown as a balanced QB so i went back to the default roster and he was back to a scrambler. So i played a game with the named roster and he attempted zero scrambles. I then played a game with the default roster and he scrambled five times in the first two drives.

I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......

I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.

Being that other players tendancies have changed, I noticed some things.

1. LBs get a lot of tips and INTs on named rosters, even when they aren't in position to do so.

2. Safeties who suppose to be heavy hitters, turn into coverage guys and Intercept passes they normally wouldn't.

3. WRs get off the line quicker on named rosters and they hit stick tackle people on Ints. I had intercepted a pass and a WR hit sticked me.

4. Thomas with his new found strength is now more likely to keep the ball on read option plays. More like 90% of the time now. This was the same way in NCAA 11 when you made a QB's strength too high.

5. DEs don't generate a pass rush on named rosters like they do on non named rosters.

Now I am REALLY glad I didn't delete the default roster. I will have that to play until they fixed the name rosters issue.

Way too many players to edit get them back to what they suppose to be tendancy wise. Which is another thing, with the work around even though they back to their correct tendancy, their ratings will be out of whack.

Good players will be made weaker, weaker bad players will be made stronger.

Link

No bueno.
30t6p3b.gif

i've downloaded 2 other peoples roster and at first they were named, and when i go back to look at them, they aren't named? why is that? and how in the #$%^& does changing a players name change their tendencies?
30t6p3b.gif
at EA or any other company putting out a product with a high volume of sales, and two weeks later glaring mistakes have been made

i've downloaded 2 other peoples roster and at first they were named, and when i go back to look at them, they aren't named? why is that? and how in the #$%^& does changing a players name change their tendencies?
30t6p3b.gif
at EA or any other company putting out a product with a high volume of sales, and two weeks later glaring mistakes have been made

Damn, this game sounds FUBAR'd. Doing my best to hold off on the purchase but even in light of all these nightmarish stories, I might pull the trigger tomorrow.

Damn, this game sounds FUBAR'd. Doing my best to hold off on the purchase but even in light of all these nightmarish stories, I might pull the trigger tomorrow.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

We deserve a refund. 
indifferent.gif

I'm putting this game away until all the +$##@*#! is fixed. 
30t6p3b.gif

You paid for your rosters?

I didn't use Fairdale Kings since I'm not playing online. The OS community roster has been all good for me

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

We deserve a refund. 
indifferent.gif

I'm putting this game away until all the +$##@*#! is fixed. 
30t6p3b.gif

You paid for your rosters?

I didn't use Fairdale Kings since I'm not playing online. The OS community roster has been all good for me

Back
Top Bottom