Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

....and even still, they end up being 25$ more than the pys price of 167 with free shipping. They have 'em at 260 retail, while newbalance.com has 'em for 240. A 50$ discount is still great--don't get me wrong. Oneness is on some other stuff, though.
they are sketchy. I'll never order from them again. Always raising retail prices based off hype. They will invoice you a $150 retail shoe for $250 on release day. They have turned into a reseller price strategy

Did some digging around to see if there were any images of ultramarine 998s. No luck on those, but hypebeast has an article on J. Crew spring/summer 2015 and you can see a new 1400 color way and what looks like a 990 if I'm not mistaken.

Did some digging around to see if there were any images of ultramarine 998s. No luck on those, but hypebeast has an article on J. Crew spring/summer 2015 and you can see a new 1400 color way and what looks like a 990 if I'm not mistaken.
Hey, nice find! I totally blew off that article without thinking they might show off some 2015 models. And that looks like a 1400 and a 996 to me? Regardless, just this one look and I'm already a fan of both haha

Repped!

EDIT: On a second look, that's definitely a 990, damn. I hope they expand their model range! 

Last edited:
How did you sneak a feel :lol:

He comes and chills on the weekend sometimes. I was on the way out (we are asian so we put our shoes near the front door except for me cause I have too much and keep nice kicks in my room) and I saw his 997s. I could tell they were a different color and I was curious. Picked em up and felt the suede.

Has anyone ever been to a NB Factory Outlet? Just wondering if its worth going to. There's one about 30 minutes away from me. 

Has anyone ever been to a NB Factory Outlet? Just wondering if its worth going to. There's one about 30 minutes away from me. 
Definitely worth the go. I saw some 998s there for $90. 

Other's have seen the same ones for $30. It's they grey/orange colorway. 

Definitely worth the go. I saw some 998s there for $90. 

Other's have seen the same ones for $30. It's they grey/orange colorway. 
Thanks man. I'm definitely gonna check it out this weekend. Hopefully I can snag something nice on the low

Thanks man. I'm definitely gonna check it out this weekend. Hopefully I can snag something nice on the low
   I've had some success, but it is hit or miss depending on where you are.  The one here in Houston never has much but I did pick up a pr of JCrew 1400s (tan/orange) for $40.  Went to Orlando in July and they had a pretty decent selection w/ prices ranging from $40 - $90 on Made in the USA models.  I picked up the 998GGO, 998RO, and a UK 576 for $135 after taxes (sales guy hooked  me up w/ an additional discount after chatting it up).  They had 1300s, the Dark military Jcrew 998 and some 990s, but none in my size...all below $100

Definitely ask the sales people for their stock in the back in your size.  None of the ones I bought were on display and the sales guys did some digging for me hahaha

I've had some success, but it is hit or miss depending on where you are.  The one here in Houston never has much but I did pick up a pr of JCrew 1400s (tan/orange) for $40.  Went to Orlando in July and they had a pretty decent selection w/ prices ranging from $40 - $90 on Made in the USA models.  I picked up the 998GGO, 998RO, and a UK 576 for $135 after taxes (sales guy hooked  me up w/ an additional discount after chatting it up).  They had 1300s, the Dark military Jcrew 998 and some 990s, but none in my size...all below $100

Definitely ask the sales people for their stock in the back in your size.  None of the ones I bought were on display and the sales guys did some digging for me hahaha
Sounds like it could be promising. I'm in Mass so I'm hoping NB loads up the outlet store since its in the home state. 

Yes got my j crew pebble blues, mountain greens, salmon soles, gnrs, m998, m996, 990BGs, 998rrs and few 1300s!

very very nice collection on the last page. i havent picked up a pair of NBs in a few months, but hopefully thatll change when i make my annual trip to NYC in a couple weeks 8)

Sounds like it could be promising. I'm in Mass so I'm hoping NB loads up the outlet store since its in the home state. 

If you're going to the one in Brighton, it's hit or miss, and depends on your size. I went once and saw so,e mice FR stuff, but none of what I really liked was in my size. No limited releases or collabs at the time. But you never know with outlet stores, it's always worth checking out.

Yes got my j crew pebble blues, mountain greens, salmon soles, gnrs, m998, m996, 990BGs, 998rrs and few 1300s!
Jesus that's crazy!

If you're going to the one in Brighton, it's hit or miss, and depends on your size. I went once and saw so,e mice FR stuff, but none of what I really liked was in my size. No limited releases or collabs at the time. But you never know with outlet stores, it's always worth checking out.
I'm going to the one out in wrentham. Def sounds like it's hit or miss but might as well check it out

j crew concrete jungle arrived today.  i was hoping they would look better in-hand, but they're indeed underwhelming as some mentioned.  i'm a huge fan of j crew CWs, but these are the worst CW they've released for the 998 imo.  idk, it might be my tonal preference.  going to keep them in the corner of my room for a few days... see if the CW grows on me. 

j crew concrete jungle arrived today.  i was hoping they would look better in-hand, but they're indeed underwhelming as some mentioned.  i'm a huge fan of j crew CWs, but these are the worst CW they've released for the 998 imo.  idk, it might be my tonal preference.  going to keep them in the corner of my room for a few days... see if the CW grows on me. 

Be sure to put it in a corner by a window and make sure they get plenty of water.

easy on the sarcasm bro...  it was just an opinion..  the different earthy shades of green are cool, but the orange.. idk.
I was just joking cause you said "grow" and they're the jungles and they're in the corner of your room. It just sounded like it could have been a plant you were talking about.

I don't have the shoes and I don't like or dislike them, so I wouldn't begin to comment on them or your opinion. Just an innocent joke I swear.

I was just joking cause you said "grow" and they're the jungles and they're in the corner of your room. It just sounded like it could have been a plant you were talking about.

I don't have the shoes and I don't like or dislike them, so I wouldn't begin to comment on them or your opinion. Just an innocent joke I swear.
oh oops.. LOL.  it's funny how things can be read differently...  :D

Back
Top Bottom