Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Had my eye on those. Size 10 and ship from Canada? They looked beat as ****. 

Luckily I just scored a VNDS pair for 275 shipped but they're .5 big. I can deal. :pimp:
The hunt is finally over.

They were actually size 8.5 and VNDS. Hesitated on pulling the trigger, tried to be greedy and negotiate more because the seller stated or best offer and then, bam, gone. My bad.

Legit check plz

Yes, please elaborate. I enjoy shopping there and never get ripped off.

Last Black Friday they had a sale once everyone ordered there was a "fire" lots of people ordered a lot of things from them. They canceled just about every order. For me they cancelled some Herschel bags an a pair of new balances. Even though after they cancelled my order my items were still on the site and there other locations had it in stock and they told me it was all burnt even though I called all there other locations and they said they had them in stock there. After explaining my situation they claimed they didn't have those products even though employees old me they did. Also when on the phone the manager gave me attitude and swore at me.

Last edited:
Just curious how has social status been ripping people off? Never brought from them before.
typical amateur boutique nonsense, making you buy x to get y, etc.. high end fashion with extra cost, minus the fashion part. see @tmd135  's story

Yes, please elaborate. I enjoy shopping there and never get ripped off.
I'm guessing you order online or don't go after hype products? if you really shopped there regularly I think you would know the process.
Last Black Friday they had a huge fire lots of people ordered a lot of things from them. Then they claimed there store had a fire and everything was burnt in that store an they canceled just about every order. For me they cancelled some Herschel bags an a pair of new balances. Even though after they cancelled my order my items were still on the site and there other locations had it in stock and they told me it was all burnt even though I called all there other locations and they said they had them in stock there. After explaining my situation they claimed they didn't have those products even though employees old me they did. Basically they had some huge fire and cancelled everyone's order. Don't think it was a coicidense they were just trying to get insurance money.
repped.. just as you observed, most of that product "lost" to the "fire" showed back up for premium purchase (read: more $$$)  or otherwise in store/online soon after.

typical amateur boutique nonsense, making you buy x to get y, etc.. high end fashion with extra cost, minus the fashion part. see @tmd135
 's story

I'm guessing you order online or don't go after hype products? if you really shopped there regularly I think you would know the process.

repped.. just as you observed, most of that product "lost" to the "fire" showed back up for premium purchase (read: more $$$)  or otherwise in store/online soon after.

Wow, both of you sound super bitter. I know they used to require that you spend $50 in order to buy a new release, but they no longer do that. I shop at the Raleigh store and the workers there are awesome. It just sounds like you guys had a couple bad mishaps.

Basicllly they tried to build hype and get the word out about there shop by having some crazy Black Friday sale. Instead of actually selling there products for the sale price they started a fraudulent fire to receive insurance money and saved them from making no money off their sale and at the same time tried to get the word out about there shop. Really petty move on there part lost respect for them and would never give them money. To be honest the cw on there shoes looks horrible and wouldn't buy even if you have me them for 25% off.

Last edited:
You can still add to cart but I'm guessing you can't check out on their website for the New Balance x Social Status.This shoe is odd to me. Not the biggest fan of the model but the materials and all the colors look dope to me. But their own pic of the shoe ruined it for me. If anybody has them in hand how do they look throw up some on feet pics etc. if you can.

Wow, both of you sound super bitter. I know they used to require that you spend $50 in order to buy a new release, but they no longer do that. I shop at the Raleigh store and the workers there are awesome. It just sounds like you guys had a couple bad mishaps.
bitter? nah. maybe they expect less over East, but usually at CLT the required spend is close to the price of the sneakers. Want $150 Jordans? be prepared to spend $150 on their ugly clothes. 

I just don't want to see a ******** institution be glorified. honestly? their collab sucks. period. I wouldn't throw $20 at that mess.

Not bitter I'm just not gonna let some boutique lie to me and then get sworn at by some manager.

Back
Top Bottom