Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I swear I don't get the excitement over the wings+horns. The materials are nice but at the end of the day it's just a black and white shoe. What gives? What am I missing?

Anyone rocked the Barney's 1700s? Strongly debating picking up a pair.

Also, anyone have first person info on how M530s are in terms of comfort and quality?

Last edited:
I swear I don't get the excitement over the wings+horns. The materials are nice but at the end of the day it's just a black and white shoe. What gives? What am I missing?

Barneys 1700 is seriously slept on.

I had to double up. In fact, they're on my feet right now! 

The glow is on point and the materials are top notch. My only (very) minor gripe is that the sole is definitely harder than most NBs, but it isn't something you actually notice while wearing them casually. 

I dig the wings and horns, but like you said - at the end of the day its a black shoe while the Barneys 1700 is all around different.

Bottom line - do it.

Last edited:
@abracadabra - Yep. Not knocking the w+h. Seriously trying to understand the draw that others have for them.

Definitely thinking on the Barneys. The model just looks bulky.

@abracadabra - Yep. Not knocking the w+h. Seriously trying to understand the draw that others have for them.

Definitely thinking on the Barneys. The model just looks bulky.
In general it is bulkier than some shoes, but it's really not overly bulky. If you can find them 30% or more off retail I'd suggest picking a pair up.

Last edited:
Hard to find an all black shoe that is detailed but not over done.  A lot of NB are too plush (can't believe I used that word) to rock full time.  I personally got them to wear out at night.  Dope shoe just wouldn't pay a penny over retail.

Also, anyone have first person info on how M530s are in terms of comfort and quality?
How in the same breath do you throw up a 530 in all navy with a similar silhouette and wonder why people like a 580 in all black?

McMaster06 Easy really lol.

1. Nobody's beasting for them and...

2. Those can be had for roughly $80 right now.

3. The silhouette is one I'm not familiar w/ while most everyone knows how MT580s are.

Plus I'm a huge fan of blues.

Same goes for the MD575EBB. I like the colors but have no experience with the model itself.

I'm not knocking the w+h so don't misconstrue my question. I'm actually curious in listening and learning, just to see what others are seeing in them.

Last edited:
Haha I am easy.  Just seems like a similar shoe.  I have both and the 530 just looks clunkier on feet.  Also I am a sucker for an all black shoe so that is probably another reason I am biased.

With the Wings + Horns, for me at least, I thought they were nice in pictures, but nothing about them stood out. I was wrong because seeing them on foot in person changed it for me so I copped. The suede, leather, and nubuck are really nice along with the 3m hits and I'll be the first to admit that I don't buy mostly black or all black shoes very often.

I need you guys some advice.

I never had very colorful shoes but estoou thinking buying these 577.

They look good for casual everyday use, or should I buy a more neutral color like gray or blue?

Thanks.

Pulled the trigger on Horween 998's for the cheapest price I've ever seen, but my wallet still hates me for it. Don't think I'll be copping anything for awhile.

Pulled the trigger on Horween 998's for the cheapest price I've ever seen, but my wallet still hates me for it. Don't think I'll be copping anything for awhile.
Had to talk myself out of several deals on Horweens for that very reason. Congrats though. 

Back
Top Bottom