Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I saw a review last night on the 1300jp. They did not look that great. The guy who did the review said several times in the vid that they were not worth $300. I was tempted but glad i passed. I would have been p'd off if i had ordered online and got them in hand based on what i saw in his review. I definately think new balance got over on people with the jp

But i guess $300+ is ok for a jp that comes in a flimsy box with materials no better than a $170 998??  Funny!!!
Saw the video and the guy does not know the history and details of the craftsmanship shoe enough to do a proper review imo. He compared them to RF shoes for one.

Although i do agree $300 is a little excessive and $250 is about my limit for them, they are not as bad as he makes them out to be.

Saw the video and the guy does not know the history and details of the craftsmanship shoe enough to do a proper review imo. He compared them to RF shoes for one.

Although i do agree $300 is a little excessive and $250 is about my limit for them, they are not as bad as he makes them out to be.
The history and all that is fine but that crap is something nb is counting on folks to buy into. Craftsmanship? How is the craftsmanship any better than other us made new balances. Some people make it sound like if you spend $300 its great craftsmanship butthe ones thart cost $170 or $200 are not well made ? I dont buy it bro

Last edited:
I had second thoughts on the jps so I canceled my order and grabbed a nice pair of old air max 1s instead :wink:

Add it up and it equals to $30 vs $60 plus $30 for shipping, dont forget tax. Not just talking about 1 or 2 pairs here.
you do realize there are some people in this group that don't bat an eye when the pair they want is 230$ or 270$ or throw 500$ on a "grail"

But i guess $300+ is ok for a jp that comes in a flimsy box with materials no better than a $170 998??  Funny!!!
nope not okay, I grabbed my pair from Groovy, and those guys didn't even double box, while the box came okay, a little beat up (not as much as I expected), the box is the worst and now I have to put it on top of any stack or place it on the side, that is annoying.

but this is were I believe you are wrong, you are saying a 170$ 998 is worth 170$, that shoe probably is worth 60-80$ in materials and shops mark it up, same deal with this, i think 140$ was what it was posted and they just doubled the price.

The materials on this are a lot better too

Read this when you have time, I believe it covers very well the difference between a GR and the JP, I understand it isn't JP2 being discussed in this article but a lot is the same.

http://vagrantsneaker.com/2010/10/21/size-up-new-balance-1300-jp-vs-cl-2010-retros/

Speaking as someone who owns both, the JP toebox isnt filmsy at all (but it is bulky). And the material is wayyyy better than your GR 998.

As for the price, you might be not use to paying these kinda prices for NBs, but ppl in Asia is. When resellers there are charging $500 and still selling them off, good luck seeing a pair in the retail range (unless you wear US10+)

You know what's funny? you thinking GR 998 for $170 is worth it when you can cop them for $100 at a regular running store.
Not what im saying at all. None of them are worth but i can grab collabs for less money and they are just as limited. I copped both jcrew 990's with a vibram sole and those are all suede for $280 shipped for both soas i said nb got over in a major way on the jp. Most of my collection is collabs anway and all my gr nb i get for the low. Sothanks

Last edited:

you do realize there are some people in this group that don't bat an eye when the pair they want is 230$ or 270$ or throw 500$ on a "grail"
I don't think you get the point. But to put it in terms which you may understand...

You can buy a shoe for $200, so you go ahead and put an order down. Once you do so, the company decides to raise the price by 200% and charge you $400 because the physical store charges a price different from the online price, even when online orders aren't available for said product (not even incl. shipping or tax). Would you still buy this shoe for 2x the price?

I don't think you get the point. But to put it in terms which you may understand...

You can buy a shoe for $200, so you go ahead and put an order down. Once you do so, the company decides to raise the price by 200% and charge you $400 because the physical store charges a price different from the online price, even when online orders aren't available for said product (not even incl. shipping or tax). Would you still buy this shoe for 2x the price?
no I wouldn't but you have to realize, ikea is a business, you can take it anywhere you want, it's just funny how a $2 shoe tree as opposed to a $1 tree makes people go mad but no one bats an eye on some resale prices if they really want them

no I wouldn't but you have to realize, ikea is a business, you can take it anywhere you want, it's just funny how a $2 shoe tree as opposed to a $1 tree makes people go mad but no one bats an eye on some resale prices if they really want them
IKEA is NOT a reseller tho... -_____-

i have a couple pairs of the 2010 jp's, and the boxes are thin as well.

the price point is a bit overpriced, but i guess it's all proportional. when you think back to 1985, these were retailing for $130 - 150 and were the most expensive runners out there. $300 is a little pricey, but i didn't let that price point stop me from buying a few, as i'll probably regret it this time next year if i hadn't.

personally, i think the material and build on these are great and is made the way they should be. i love the 2015's and the shape is definitely better than the 2010's.

Last edited:

i have a couple pairs of the 2010 jp's, and the boxes are thin as well.

the price point is a bit overpriced, but i guess it's all proportional. when you think back to 1985, these were retailing for $130 - 150 and were the most expensive runners out there. $300 is a little pricey, but i didn't let that price point stop me from buying a few, as i'll probably regret it this time next year if i hadn't.

personally, i think the material and build on these are great and is made the way they should be. i love the 2015's and the shape is definitely better than the 2010's.
interesting you say that, I heard the 2010s were probably the best iteration besides that really yellow cap.

I definitely think that 300$ is way over, had they been 250$ or even at 200$ it would've been more easier to handle, it really just shows that the progress of getting the most out of the consumer is the way this will go and it'll inevitably be a reason why people will stop buying, including myself

Not what im saying at all. None of them are worth but i can grab collabs for less money and they are just as limited. I copped both jcrew 990's with a vibram sole and those are all suede for $280 shipped for both soas i said nb got over in a major way on the jp. Most of my collection is collabs anway and all my gr nb i get for the low. Sothanks
Read this: http://*************.com/news/new-balance-1300jp-history/ and maybe you will understand better. In essence, this model isnt made for someone like you. They're coded "JP" for a reason lol.

The history and the reproduction are what ppl are (and should be) buying into 1300JPs for. Think of them less like normal **** like every season, and more like retro Jordans. 

I like how you used the jcrew 990s as an example. Everyone KNOWS that the restocks will be come and coupons will float around. If all you want is a pair of shoes like vibram soles, just go to REI.

interesting you say that, I heard the 2010s were probably the best iteration besides that really yellow cap.

I definitely think that 300$ is way over, had they been 250$ or even at 200$ it would've been more easier to handle, it really just shows that the progress of getting the most out of the consumer is the way this will go and it'll inevitably be a reason why people will stop buying, including myself
I agree 100%. All these brands are tryna capitalize on sneaker culture in a major way. My point is i will pay for what i want but to charge me $300 means you have to step up the quality that much more. Dont just retro a shoe box and give me a dust bag and tell me the jp is any better quality than the jcrew 990. So basically the $110 bucks was for nostlgia and a retro shoe box? ***** lol

neither is any store that sold the JP, did you notice the flux in prices, EB at 260, Groovy at 270$ish, US Spots 300$ and so, they set their price, IKEA did the same -_-
You're talking about 10% price differences across different stores. I'm talking about 100% price increases from the SAME company (IKEA to IKEA). A person who wants the shoe trees could have ordered 30 pairs for $30 plus fees, but now it's 15 pairs for $30 plus fees. I don't see these boutiques selling the JPs for 2x the price of another store. There's no point in arguing with you, so think what you'd like with your apples to oranges comparisons.

I agree 100%. All these brands are tryna capitalize on sneaker culture in a major way. My point is i will pay for what i want but to charge me $300 means you have to step up the quality that much more. Dont just retro a shoe box and give me a dust bag and tell me the jp is any better quality than the jcrew 990. So basically the $110 bucks was for nostlgia and a retro shoe box? ***** lol
You know what ppl with nostalgia have? money!

I do have to agree that the price hikes that NB has putting out lately has gotten out of hand. They're definitely trying to cash in on the recent hype in America. But ppl here shouldnt forget that ppl in asia are buying NBs up at our current prices (or higher) long before most ppl here got into NBs at all.

retro shoe box came with the 2010 1300JP, too lazy to look further than that, but I believe it was the same for all the years, same with dust bag. But I may have misunderstood your statement.

I do have to agree that the price hikes that NB has putting out lately has gotten out of hand. They're definitely trying to cash in on the recent hype in America. But ppl here shouldnt forget that ppl in asia are buying NBs up at our current prices (or higher) long before most ppl here got into NBs at all.
oh no, I completely agree, I see some guys in asia buy the latest nb, week in and week out, still trying to wrap my head around that, yeah the culture in asia is insane, everyone just seems more passionate about it, but I'm going off pictures and the random fb chat

Back
Top Bottom