Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

My first ever pair of 577s. Lovin the old school materials. Thanks to those who answer annoying sizing questions!

...note the sad, suddenly neglected Jordans in the background..

Called and got my preorder! She said that they're almost sold out so if you're planning on getting a pair, do it now.

Called and got my preorder! She said that they're almost sold out so if you're planning on getting a pair, do it now.
I don't see how that can even be possible. There's no way they got enough pre-orders to sell out even before they released the information on them to the masses. Most of those personal stylists have no clue what they're talking about anyways. 

I don't see how that can even be possible. There's no way they got enough pre-orders to sell out even before they released the information on them to the masses. Most of those personal stylists have no clue what they're talking about anyways. 
Just called myself and pre ordered a 11.5. The person i spoke with also said that some sizes are sold out and no longer available for preorder due to the "overwhelming interest" they have received. 

Either they are limited or they are only allowed to preorder a certain number but it sounds like they are running out quick. 

Just called myself and pre ordered a 11.5. The person i spoke with also said that some sizes are sold out and no longer available for preorder due to the "overwhelming interest" they have received. 

Either they are limited or they are only allowed to preorder a certain number but it sounds like they are running out quick. 
I bet they have to cap the pre-orders at a certain point. I'm assuming they will still send out their typical e-mail with information about them and allow the people that got the e-mail to pre-order for those 24 hours after the e-mail was sent. They claimed that the Asics Colorado 85's and the New Balance 990's were limited, but they seem to have plenty of stock still left on their site. I just feel like a global giant like J. Crew doesn't really do limited runs of anything. 

I bet they have to cap the pre-orders at a certain point. I'm assuming they will still send out their typical e-mail with information about them and allow the people that got the e-mail to pre-order for those 24 hours after the e-mail was sent. They claimed that the Asics Colorado 85's and the New Balance 990's were limited, but they seem to have plenty of stock still left on their site. I just feel like a global giant like J. Crew doesn't really do limited runs of anything. 
Yes i agree. I wasnt gonna take any chances tho haha. The Hilltops are a classic colorway IMO and I didnt want to regret missing them later on...

I bet they have to cap the pre-orders at a certain point. I'm assuming they will still send out their typical e-mail with information about them and allow the people that got the e-mail to pre-order for those 24 hours after the e-mail was sent. They claimed that the Asics Colorado 85's and the New Balance 990's were limited, but they seem to have plenty of stock still left on their site. I just feel like a global giant like J. Crew doesn't really do limited runs of anything

You must not have been around when the Inferno's or Indy's released. They definitely went with the quickness.

If anyone else is like me with an irrational hatred for phone calls, I just placed my pre-order via email.
nthat.gif
THis is me because i'm at work and don't want my boss hearing me order sneakers over the phone (My office is right NEXT to his).

How'd you do it? Please advise.

Last edited:
All the stock left on the jcrew 990's are being pulled from store locations like new york,boston,etc. Nothing left in warehouses in those 990's once the pairs that are on the site are gone its over. There are a couple sizes no longer available.

You must not have been around when the Inferno's or Indy's released. They definitely went with the quickness.
Wrong. I was around. I passed on Infernos, but recently picked them up for below retail. From what I've been told, there were only 770 pairs of the Infernos made due to the corporate office in New York being number 770. I understand those were limited. I also picked up the Indy's at 3:40 AM on release day. I'm just saying, the shoes they have been producing lately have not been moving well and they claim they are limited. I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just speculating that it seems like they could be another colorway they will add to the webstore that will sit for awhile like the pebble blues. The Pebble Blues seem to be one of the best J. Crew New Balance colorways and they sat for well over a year. 

All the stock left on the jcrew 990's are being pulled from store locations like new york,boston,etc. Nothing left in warehouses in those 990's once the pairs that are on the site are gone its over. There are a couple sizes no longer available.
They restock those sizes constantly. I check the J. Crew site on a daily basis and every time I see a size sold out, they are restocked the next day. 

THis is me because i'm at work and don't want my boss hearing me order sneakers over the phone (My office is right NEXT to his).

Just shoot an email over to [email protected]. Somebody will pick you up, but as a disclaimer, I emailed initially last night and they didn't get back to me until noon today. After that response times were quick but the initial response took a hot minute. Your mileage may vary.

Take a 5 minute break and walk away from your desk and call on your cell phone? It only takes a few minutes.

Pebble blues kept restocking there were points during that period i could not ger my size. I think pebble blues just restocked several times. Certain jcrews like infernos or concretes didnt last a week. To my knowledge those were the only  2 998's that were limited like that. The 990's are as well but they didnt move quick. Those 990's are gonna be two of jcrews that people will regret not copping a year or so from now.

Just shoot an email over to [email protected]. Somebody will pick you up, but as a disclaimer, I emailed initially last night and they didn't get back to me until noon today. After that response times were quick but the initial response took a hot minute. Your mileage may vary.
Thank you and repped.

Take a 5 minute break and walk away from your desk and call on your cell phone? It only takes a few minutes.
Might just do this later this afternoon. Am i just dialing their CS line? Do they take CC info immediately? Or paypal info? Sorry, i'm a newb to the JCrew collab preorder game...

Back
Top Bottom