Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

How do the USA 574 compare to other made in USAs? I usually go down .5 on all other than the 530.

For me personally I go tts on USA 574 and down .5 in 998 997 USA and I really don't really have wide feet.

some good looking designs in here. might have to copy one, i've been meaning to grab a pair of 998s

For me personally I go tts on USA 574 and down .5 in 998 997 USA and I really don't really have wide feet.

anyone who been following NB customss, when they add the new options, do they take away the older ones like Nike?
I don't follow too closely, but yes.  I was playing around with the 574 customizer yesterday and they had purple and lilac suede choices, but since the 998 customizer launched (when they added gum sole and same materials as 998 to 574), all the purple/lilac is gone.  The funny thing that I actually saved the purple 574 I made and I can still order it -- however, it's interesting that NB will allow you to save, but not allow further alterations.  Guessing it will be removed from my saved list in a few days.

Couple more mock-ups:

Infrared:

Think I might want til they have purple available -- just want a grey/silver/purple 998 -- wish I could change all the teal to purple:

Last edited:
Last couple I messed with. Was going for west NYC theme on the top pair

998 customs are nice, minimum of two pairs for me for sure, i'm returning some nikes tomorrow and order these.  

I might copy these 

Last edited:
Just curious, anyone here size a full size down from their regular Nike size (half down from your 997 size) for 998s?

Yeah, I'm a 9.5 in nikes and a snug 8.5 in NB 997/998. My 997s are size 9, but I get a little slippage and I have a lil extra room in the toe. I have narrow/flat feet and I'm measured 8.5 on the Braddock scale.

Yeah, I'm a 9.5 in nikes and a snug 8.5 in NB 997/998. My 997s are size 9, but I get a little slippage and I have a lil extra room in the toe. I have narrow/flat feet and I'm measured 8.5 on the Braddock scale.
Thanks, i've got very narrow feet as well so i guess full size down's the way to go. Come to think of it my size 8 998s always felt big.

Just realized the back heel tab as well as the top and bottom N logo has a 'reflective' option in addition to 'suede'... very nice... it's to the lower left of the color wheel to switch between the two, hadn't noticed it before...might put me over the edge 
happy.gif

The clot and soho IDs are beautiful!

Good Job on those...

Might have to jack the ID [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Got inspired by @Hippohead  's Provider inspired joints, switched up to the coral in the toebox (too many blue shoes already), copped and can't wait to get them

Please stop with the colorway rip offs. At least create something original. There needs to be a NB custom thread because all of these rip off colorway screenshots clogs the thread. At the very least buy the custom and post once you receive them from new balance. The pages upon pages of what ifs is out of control.

Last edited:
@higuy
 993 will be replaced with the 996 in the coming weeks. 

Also please stop doing salmon toes inspired 998, please just STOP
Please stop with the colorway rip offs. At least create something original. There needs to be a NB custom thread because all of these rip off colorway screenshots clogs the thread. At the very least buy the custom and post once you receive them from new balance. The pages upon pages of what ifs is out of control.

How about you two stop complaining about what "customs" we come up with and focus on your own likes. Customs can come from inspiration off other models and that's the beauty of it. Don't like it then get out of the thread

Back
Top Bottom