Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Eh - I'm 'guilty' of posting a lot of 'rip-off' CW screenshots -- honestly, I just had a blast playing on the 998 customizer, part of it was just trying to see how flexible the system was (hence, testing what I can copy) and was excited to share.  I got inspired by seeing what others were creating too (both 'inspired' and 'original' mockups) - so I really liked seeing other mock-ups others were posting.  Also, sharing gripes with the limitations is a good thing -- I think it's naive to assume that a NB rep or two isn't monitoring the thread and overall social media response. 
wink.gif

This is a general NB thread on NT - so it's a big, random bucket of NB information.  Not firing any shots, but I could not care less about toe box reshaping or OG grey/navy releases.  But hey, not relevant to me doesn't mean everyone should stop posting about it.  I just keep scrolling.  Or I duck out of the thread when there's a hyped release that dropping that I don't care about.

But agreed on one thing -- asking everyone to post in-hand photos of their customs when they receive them.

Last edited:
No but i think you are 12

Just stop. This thread is turning into a bunch of bickering broads.

Custom 998's came out of left field last week and now they're a reality. People are posting pictures because it's the best available custom across all brands (most in this thread will agree).

This is the most action this thread has seen in quite some time without it being a collab and refreshing to see people excited about something that is in no way shape or form limited.

*****ing needs to stop. Especially from new kids that have contributed **** all....ever.

Well it will be interesting to see how many people are gonna actutally buy their "custom". Hopefully it wont be hundreds of screenshots with only two people actually getting the custom 998 made Lol

Last edited:
Well it will be interesting to see how many people are gonna actutally buy their "custom". Hopefully it wont be hundreds of screenshots with only two people actually getting the custom 998 made Lol

I'm going to see how the first batch turns out.

The one pic of their display custom was awful (suede was Napy).

I'm also curious what NB would do if someone is unsatisfied with their custom.  I know NB policy is that there are no returns (unlike NikeID) - so I mean, if there are any 'defects' or 'flaws' (i.e. flaws in suede, suede not matching, etc.).

Also, glad that NB didn't make the same mistake that Adidas did with their MiFlux app.  Adidas released the app before you could order custom ZX Flux - so everyone made mock-ups on ZX Flux and shared them when the app showed up - but by the time they allowed custom orders, everyone had forgotten about it/moved on.

Wished NB offered a swatch kit (i.e. they sell you swatch kit for nominal fee - fee is discounted from custom order once you return swatches and/or make your order) or had sample swatches in stores (or at least at some flagship NB stores - like they did for the 574 customs).  I regularly order made-to-measure suits and shirts -- but ya, hesitant to pull the trigger without swatch samples or at least seeing some 'real life' photos - especially at this pricepoint.  And I don't count the filtered display/promo sample photos (been fooled too many times by professional photography).

But agreed on one thing -- asking everyone to post in-hand photos of their customs when they receive them.
Everyone should definitely do this and list the colors they used.

I was thinking it would be cool to have a list of the available colors on NB1 with a picture of how they look in real life.

We all know they will be slightly different but it would definitely help everyone if we could compile something like that.

The biggest problem I have with customizing the 998 is that I can't seem to select my size 13 anymore for purchase... I spent all day yesterday nailing down the design I wanted, and now suddenly I can't even buy them. 
mad.gif
I just noticed that too...wtf NB? Big footers always get left out 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom