Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Well ya, but most of NBs shapes don't change. The 1300s have the same shape as they always have, same with the 996s, etc. The 990s just look somewhat bulky to me, and the back looks a little off. Just my opinion

dude those size 10 must have sold.. I checked it late last night... Only one up there @ size 10 is $399 now!!  If I were you, Id keep a close eye on it. Ill try to keep checking for you too.
I appreciate it. I have offered more money then I really want to spend and sellers don't even respond lol. Over 100 over MSRP is a low ball now I guess? Meh, worse comes to worse I will wait for them to drop another color, Love that grey but if a Navy pair drops I am all in. Must avoid the temptation to pay hyped up prices!

I think more often than not, sellers are open to offers. Did you send an email and offer a PayPal invoice? I never try to lowball them, but 50 or so below ask is acceptable IMO. Copped my salmon soles that way and my Asics x Patta.

You guys I wear an 11.5 in the 996 but I'm really tempted to just buy the size 12 996 DB that's on eBay for $100. Would it fit really badly?

Quick questions guys, I just won these NBs 574 and 1500.
I've looked over the internet at other pictures and compared them. Nothing stick/jump out fake.
I presume these are authentic NBs and also it doesn't hurt to get a 2nd opinions.
Thank for looking NTers.

*MOD* I don't think I'm breaking any rules as this is not a live auction link.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290834891131

Quick questions guys, I just won these NBs 574 and 1500.
I've looked over the internet at other pictures and compared them. Nothing stick/jump out fake.
I presume these are authentic NBs and also it doesn't hurt to get a 2nd opinions.
Thank for looking NTers.
*MOD* I don't think I'm breaking any rules as this is not a live auction link.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290834891131
Nah those look good and the seller has good feedback. If when you get them they seem off, post detailed pics on here and we can confirm it for you. Lol at him charging $65 for shipping though...

Nah those look good and the seller has good feedback. If when you get them they seem off, post detailed pics on here and we can confirm it for you. Lol at him charging $65 for shipping though...
I'm assuming it's to avoid paying eBay fees. I believe you get the full amount of your shipping fee, and it get it immediately, while the rest of the funds are held until the buyer receives the item.

Only thing I find off from the eBay listing is the 1500s. Fakes are always laced up like that, skipping eyelets to use shorter laces to cut down on costs. I'd take a good look at the 1500s before I'd call them legit.

Well ya, but most of NBs shapes don't change. The 1300s have the same shape as they always have, same with the 996s, etc. The 990s just look somewhat bulky to me, and the back looks a little off. Just my opinion
wait-what.gif

(in honor of Kimye)

But forreal, almost every NB shape has changed. For the most part, every Asia and UK made New Balance shape is off (some more than others). Toeboxes are bulkier and lots have the banana boat shape.. smh. The made in USA ones are really the only ones that have stayed pretty true to the OG shape. 

I'm assuming it's to avoid paying eBay fees. I believe you get the full amount of your shipping fee, and it get it immediately, while the rest of the funds are held until the buyer receives the item.

Only thing I find off from the eBay listing is the 1500s. Fakes are always laced up like that, skipping eyelets to use shorter laces to cut down on costs. I'd take a good look at the 1500s before I'd call them legit.
Thanks for the inputs & also thanks GT for pointing out the lace thing.
I will put up a detailed pictures once I get them.

its been a hell of a year for nb releases. i just wanted to take time out to give a quick thanks to all those that have posted info that has helped me scoop up the releases i wanted this year. its nice to see a place thats not stingy with the info and is willing to allow everyone to get what theyre looking for (unlike any jb thread. lol)

they take fees out of shipping now and where did you get that they hold funds until the buyer gets their item? i dont know about anyone else but i dont ship an item until the money is in my account...

Last edited:
This thread has been very helpful, much more like the "old" NT (been a lurker and member for a long time, YUKU transfer deaded me). I too appreciate all the helpful info, I don't post or even go into many threads on NT anymore, but when I do it 's informative/educated threads like these.

Hanon is taking pre-orders on the blue 990s starting tomorrow. This certainly would indicate that they should be a lot easier to come by than the grey version. As has been discussed before, pre-ordering isn't really necessary and it can come back to bite you if they end up not receiving the size you ordered. But I thought people who missed the grey version may be interested in this if they really want to lock up a pair (and don't mind overspending).

Here are the other spring models they're doing preorders for. Good to see that the 670 is returning.

Last edited:
Anyone know where to acquire the 998GNR USAs for around retail? That picture up there of the 998RRs looks pretty close to those and reminds me I needed those.

This thread has been very helpful, much more like the "old" NT (been a lurker and member for a long time, YUKU transfer deaded me). I too appreciate all the helpful info, I don't post or even go into many threads on NT anymore, but when I do it 's informative/educated threads like these.
This. All the other posts/sections seem to be less about helping and more about hoarding or boasting. My Nike purchases have dwindled off completely and I'm really only buying up NBs or Red Wings/Boots at this point.

they take fees out of shipping now and where did you get that they hold funds until the buyer gets their item? i dont know about anyone else but i dont ship an item until the money is in my account...
they do take fees out of shipping, but i think the percentage is less. either way, i dont see how the seller would profit that much from it.

to the second point, paypal definitely doesnt hold funds until the buyer gets the item. i always move the money into my bank account and then ship out the item.

Last edited:
(in honor of Kimye)

But forreal, almost every NB shape has changed. For the most part, every Asia and UK made New Balance shape is off (some more than others). Toeboxes are bulkier and lots have the banana boat shape.. smh. The made in USA ones are really the only ones that have stayed pretty true to the OG shape. 
Notice how I said the 1300s, 996s, etc. shapes haven't changed? 1300s and 996s are made in the USA. And 576s/577s really haven't changed much either, although I guess you could argue they have gotten either slightly bulkier or trimmer by the year. It's just the made in Asia 1600s, 1500s, 574s and others that have warped toe boxes and the like, and I don't buy those anyway.

I think it depends on seller history. For certain sellers, ebay wont release the money until after 30 days or so, or until the buyer leaves positive feedback. The power sellers with a good track record might get around this. So yeah, a lot of people use ebay to list things, but end up primarily trying to negotiate a deal straight through paypal.

i agree those 1500s look fake. they look terrible even for an asian made.

ive seen some pairs of both the navy and the black already for sale in japan from private sellers. i have yet to see the burgundy pair for sale though, which is the one i want the most. i might have been misunderstanding the description in japanese, but it appeared to say it was a US release. obviously that's not the case since hanon is taking preorders. i think the ones that i saw mustve been preview pairs though. one lucky bastard even copped the navy pair back in october for like $130.

there's a bunch of nice stuff coming out this Spring - i need those navy 990's, grey/navy 1300's and orange 1500's. I wonder what other 1300 colorways NB will drop in 2013?

Back
Top Bottom