Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

how much did it come up to be?

The 997s were $119. The 996s were $90 and the special was buy one get one 1/2 price so the 996s were only $45 but I really should have checked them out more before copping. I could have just left well enough alone and not bought a second pair or I could have got these for about the same $45 just as some nice beaters:

Gonna def go back to return them so I might try to exchange for the same deal but we'll see.

how much did it come up to be?
The 997s were $119. The 996s were $90 and the special was buy one get one 1/2 price so the 996s were only $45 but I really should have checked them out more before copping. I could have just left well enough alone and not bought a second pair or I could have got these for about the same $45 just as some nice beaters:

Gonna def go back to return them so I might try to exchange for the same deal but we'll see.
nerd.gif

What spot?

So sick!

I wish I got into runners/nb long ago so I could own all the amazing SNS 577s!
SNS and Size? really had the absolute best 577s around for quite a stretch, shame how damn hard it is to find them now, much less for a fair price. Saw the SNS2 posted a few pages back, those are one of the best NB ever for me.

If anyone is wearing a size 13 998 there is a pair of 998 GY (Black/yellow) for $99 which is a steal at this point. Build and materials on those is superior

so jealous i dont have a nb outlet around me.
What size are you bro?  I was just at my outlet this past weekend.  They too ran the buy one get the 2nd pair half off.    They had the 997NV but in small sizes.  5.5-6.5

Nothing else worth getting imo.   They were even out of laces. 
mean.gif

Last edited:

What size are you bro?  I was just at my outlet this past weekend.  They too ran the buy one get the 2nd pair half off.    They had the 997NV but in small sizes.  5.5-6.5

Nothing else worth getting imo.   They were even out of laces. 
mean.gif
i'm 9.5 in 998/997's 10 in most other asics/nikes, if you ever know ahead of time you are going to can paypal some cashor whatever. would love to cop some gr's at buy 1 get 1 50off

Last edited:
thanks dudes.  damn i totally missed that sale.  i'm sitting on a pair atm and they are really nice in-hand.  but retail and tax puts them at 200 otd.  that's a lot for a pair of 998's.  contemplating a return, but i also don't want to miss out on them lol. 

the nighthawks.  was anyone able to grab them with discounts?  i feel like they were moving at retail.

no but those have grown on me and looking to cop a pair. i'm hoping jcrew does a backorder thing like they are doing now with the htb's
I was about to ship mine back because of some minor imperfections, wasn't too crazy about them for nearly $200. They offered me half my money back after contacting them about a return so naturally I kept them haha.

Do I want size 10 new balance 997 for tight fit? My true size is 10.5 and i found 580s to be pretty big on me

a little off topic but does anyone know how to get a hold of starcow paris or have a personal connection with anyone over there?  i have a question for them and they don't answer their emails

the more i look at these tanneries i picked up, the more this tongue is bothering me.  the shape at the corners where it sharply cuts off and the huge stitch-holes are so off.  can someone put me to ease and tell me they have at least one pair of 998s like this?

a little off topic but does anyone know how to get a hold of starcow paris or have a personal connection with anyone over there?  i have a question for them and they don't answer their emails

I emailed them recently about getting a pair of 1500s via there site and it took a few days to get a response.

[email protected]

Last edited:

the more i look at these tanneries i picked up, the more this tongue is bothering me.  the shape at the corners where it sharply cuts off and the huge stitch-holes are so off.  can someone put me to ease and tell me they have at least one pair of 998s like this?
Doesn't look great, or like anything I've ever seen. Got a pic of the box label?

@Rambo831 :smokin Nice color-blocking

I like the splash from the Atlantic water in your pic too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom