Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm tempted to get the 991 but I'll just stay with my 5

Just got these in my inbox as well.

11.5 in both 577 and 575 COPPED FINALLY! WELCOME15 for 15% brought it down to $272 shipped 
nthat.gif

Still on the hunt for the 1500 in an 11.5.
Turns out the 575,576,577,670 and 991.5 ( so that's 5 out of the pack only missing the 1500) worked out to $697.00 from Notre using the code. They had all sizes for awhile too! That is $140 a shoe and an amazing price. I feel sick for overreacting and ordering the shoes from several different stores at much higher prices (991.5 from Footpatrol was crazy expensive) with multiple shipping costs.

I bludgeon shop with cash rather than pursuing the art of the deal. One of the best things about New Balance is always  finding a better price.  Never overreact and never compromise your hard earned cash. I need to learn my lesson.

Last edited:
I'm pumped.  Grabbed the 991.5 and 577 Surplus off of Notre with the 15% discount/no tax/free shipping for $300.  It's weird how the 577 are retailing for $200 on nb.com, but for $160 on Notre.  Also, when I had both of them in cart, I was able to get the 15% off of the 991.5 as well.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how 1500 fit?

997GY US10 but it's a little roomy. (which can be compensated by wearing thicker ankle socks.)

^i would get a 10. if the 10 in the 997 fit you and does not bother you then you should be fine in a 10 1500.

Last edited:
any fellow Bostonians, if you're interested in the Ortiz 998, they only made 34 pairs. Luckily after seeing them in store, im about 95% sure you can make them on NB1 which is what I might end up doing.
Almost positive the left shoe reads "Walk Off" and the right shoe "34"

soon as i seen them that's what i thought. i did not see anything on the shoe that you could not do in nb1. you would think they would do 1 or 2 things that were not available on nb1, like what they did with the boston marathon 998's. even though i did not care for the marathon's i remember the croc like skin on 1 part and seems like something else that i can not remember that they did. either way nothing special about the papi's to me.

any fellow Bostonians, if you're interested in the Ortiz 998, they only made 34 pairs. Luckily after seeing them in store, im about 95% sure you can make them on NB1 which is what I might end up doing.
Almost positive the left shoe reads "Walk Off" and the right shoe "34"

Has the 998 Ortiz released yet?

soon as i seen them that's what i thought. i did not see anything on the shoe that you could not do in nb1. you would think they would do 1 or 2 things that were not available on nb1, like what they did with the boston marathon 998's. even though i did not care for the marathon's i remember the croc like skin on 1 part and seems like something else that i can not remember that they did. either way nothing special about the papi's to me.

yeah, I didnt notice anything like the 3M Croc tounge on these. All straight NB1.

Has the 998 Ortiz released yet?

next sunday only in the store on Boylston St. Im debating if its worth it

I just caved and picked up the last 576 surplus pair from Notre shop for $140 shipped. Couldn't resist the deal. Now to cancel my Hanon order for the 577 and re-order from Notre shop.

because there will always be something inside of me saying i dont have the "real thing" :lol: stupid i know

I understand where you're coming from; from a collectors standpoint they aren't the real thing but if you can deal with having an identical pair that may be missing something like a different branded insole or some embroidery which I haven't seen then you're good.

Struggling!! Anybody know where I can get the 576pkg black and grey joints here in the US? Or a promoncode for any stockist?

A discount to End.Would be ideal so I could double up on the marbles(they destined to get thrashed) and get that box!!!

VAT is $80+right?

On fb $140 + ship and fees
Just spoke with the seller (he's local). Contemplating pulling the trigger for a size 12 but I'm an 11.5 in all NBs. Missed out on these the first time and have always wanted this particular pair. Anyone else on this thread own these and can comment on sizing?

I understand where you're coming from; from a collectors standpoint they aren't the real thing but if you can deal with having an identical pair that may be missing something like a different branded insole or some embroidery which I haven't seen then you're good.

Well from my collectors stand point buying a shoe that can be exactly replicated on a customization program for a cheaper price isn't an actual a shoe worth collecting at all . It's just getting played by NB but hey if that makes you lose sleep at night go for it

Last edited:
Well from my collectors stand point buying a shoe that can be exactly replicated on a customization program for a cheaper price isn't an actual a shoe worth collecting at all not is it actually a collectible item at all. It's just getting played by NB but hey if that makes you lose sleep at night go for it

Ha valid point. I was just giving my two cents, not interested in purchasing the actual pair or creating an identical pair.

Anyone here want a pair of Horween 998s size 9.5, the brown ones from the first horween run, for $100 plus reasonable shipping? Got them at the NB outlet yesterday, and they are a little big on me. Literally no flaws I can see. PM me if you're interested and I can send pics and stuff. Comes with box, tag, and dust cloth of course. Thought I'd offer it here before I post it anywhere else, or make the long trek back to the outlet to return it.

I completely understand that, thats the exact reason im not getting any of the 574's. im not sure why I feel different about the 998's though :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom