Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Finally broke these out.

So the link was sent out to those who purchased NBs on Kith in the past? So are we to expect cancellations if we put in an order and we're not on that email list? Put one in anyway, fingers crossed.
Nope not with the amount of pairs he got left...

my ish better get shipped

Nope not with the amount of pairs he got left...

my ish better get shipped
Hope so because I actually like this pair.  Remind me a lot of the salmon sole 1300s which I let go of after a few wears and regretted.  Now to find some salmon coloured paint... 

It's not the shipping that makes it more expensive, it's the sales tax New Yorkers have to pay. Florida residents aren't subject to the sales tax when buying from a website in NY. 

I wouldn't stress about the Greenbacks. A J. Crew collab hasn't sold out quickly since the Indy 998. Even the butterscotches sat around for a few days. They always make plenty.
 ​
That the main reason I won't move to a city. A bunch a crooks. Rent TOO DAMN HIGH!​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Well if they're still Greenbacks in my size a week later, I'll grab. If not, I will take my chances down the road. ​

Last edited:
Some pics for those who don't want to click on the link above...

I'm a fan, personally. I know generally collabs get a lot of love for being flashy and loud but I really appreciate the minimalist approach he took with the CNS 998 and now these. Leather liner, 5 lace options (my guess is 4 waxed + 1 pair of flat whites) and special box are also a plus. I also love how the N logos differ on each side of the shoe- nice touch! I had to cop and I'm excited to see these in person! The price tag hurts as I'm not used to paying retail for NBs anymore (even collabs) but I also don't want to regret not picking them up later down the line. 

I'm a fan, personally. I know generally collabs get a lot of love for being flashy and loud but I really appreciate the minimalist approach he took with the CNS 998 and now these. Leather liner, 5 lace options (my guess is 4 waxed + 1 pair of flat whites) and special box are also a plus. I also love how the N logos differ on each side of the shoe- nice touch! I had to cop and I'm excited to see these in person! The price tag hurts as I'm not used to paying retail for NBs anymore (even collabs) but I also don't want to regret not picking them up later down the line. 
I grabbed them too mainly because I ended up loving the CNS pair which I was initially iffy on.

Ehh, I'm a little iffy on the price and all-white soles aren't my thing. Great colors, but I would prefer to drop the same amount on the CNS'. 

[/quote]

I love the colors, curious what the other lace options are. Also idk who would agree with me but I prefer a mesh toe box with most runners, I like that it keeps the runner aesthetic but still incorporates use of lux materials on the rest of the shoe.

I love the CNS pair. I had to pick up these Archipelagos. Next up for me is the 998 DBOA if I can find a good price

cns ended up in outlets? i didnt know that. thats probably one of my favorite shoes. its a simple colorway that i can wear with anything. most worn nb for sure.

Not a huge fan of the RF Archipelagos. Colors are just blah, and I don't like a solid suede toebox at all, it's gotta either be mesh or perf seude (preferably perf seude). And that price is RIDICULOUS!!! 

Dope 1500's pickup! 
pimp.gif

Did anybody ever find out the story on why some of the 1500's SP have the 1500 decal and some others do not?

Not a huge fan of the RF Archipelagos. Colors are just blah, and I don't like a solid suede toebox at all, it's gotta either be mesh or perf seude (preferably perf seude). And that price is RIDICULOUS!!! 
They do nothing for me either.  I probably wouldn't even consider buying them for half that price, TBH.

​
Did anybody ever find out the story on why some of the 1500's SP have the 1500 decal and some others do not?​
I was lurking on IG comments... It seems the first '700~1000/1906' of the 1500SP's didn't have them? Then others who've copped later/ have numbers higher than 1000+/1906 seem to have the branding. There doesn't seem to be an exact answer at all.. but quality control is apparently better on higher numbered pairs by said people on their ig pics.

Last edited:

I was lurking on IG comments... It seems the first '1000/1906' of the 1500SP's didn't have them? Then others who've copped later/ have numbers higher than 1000+/1906 seem to have the branding. There doesn't seem to be an exact answer at all.. but quality control is apparently better on higher numbered pairs by said people on their ig pics.
Thanks for the 411! I'm happy mine doesn't have the decal on them. Gives them a nice artisan vibe. 
smokin.gif

Yeah exactly my thoughts. If I decide to cop a pair now, I'd hope to get the non branded version too! 

Last edited:
Those RF NB's are dope! But the TOTAL price when it's all said n done...nahhh I'm good fam. Rather spend that type of cash on the Ball & Bucks in all honesty

Dope 1500's pickup! :pimp:

Did anybody ever find out the story on why some of the 1500's SP have the 1500 decal and some others do not?​

I am still on the hunt for a pair in my size. I havent heard or read anything official but I still prefer the shoes without the 1500 branding. I agree with what folks have said, most likely a QC issue....

Also, just saw your comment on the RF thread. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom