Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

laugh.gif
 ... that scene was a classic 
whole movie was classic. really one of the best movies ever! works for any age, any time
I hated this little ***** lol
wasn't it really all about the parents though? "whose. to. blame? the mother and the fa-a-ther. oompa, loompa, doopidy-dee. if you are wise you'll listen to me..."

whole movie was classic. really one of the best movies ever! works for any age, any time

wasn't it really all about the parents though? "whose. to. blame? the mother and the fa-a-ther. oompa, loompa, doopidy-dee. if you are wise you'll listen to me..."
it seemed to me that movie was a social commentary of the day and age, which carries over timelessly. The entitled brats, to the tv addicted kid, the gun nut kid, the jockette with the coach mom, the overeating kid, to the poor struggling charlie, who was the most innocent, being seduced into being someone he wasnt. They all represented a section of societies ills and were charicatures of what was killing the want of something more for the want of something more immediate. And 80$ dsngs is one helluva steal.:smokin

yeah i know this is the wrong venue but i'm more or less done buying kicks. 37 years old at the end of this month, have less than 20 pairs of shoes total & struggle to even wear them all. went in hard this summer at the outlets finding amazing 997s, 998s, etc for $35-$70. not hating anyone in here though i love to see the wears and nb1 creations, but i don't need to own it. i'm happy to appreciate from afar. i can take the heat, but i'll stay out of the kitchen regardless

I totally feel you, brother! I have been collecting sneakers seriously for about 11 years now (basically once I started having my own source of expensable income). About 5 years into collecting I ended up going through a purge of sorts because I realized that a) I had aspirations to be married and wanted to have enough for an engagement ring, b) though I loved my rainbow-colored Nike SB Dunks I knew I couldn't pull off wearing super flashy shoes forever and c) I never got to wearing all of my sneakers. I ended up selling off my entire collection with the hopes of trying out different brands and having a smaller collection (the idea of quality over quantity). At that point I was really close to walking away from the game altogether.

And then I discovered #TeamNB.

It wasn't until about 4 years ago that I discovered New Balance and my sneaker collection changed forever. I really still appreciate sneaker culture as a whole and I've got love for different brands. I even appreciate how Adidas has come into the game and really challenged other major brands (namely Nike) to step their game up. But what intrigued me about New Balance as a brand was how timeless the silhouettes are and how refined the product was. I'm almost 30 and I can't imagine being able to pull off Jordans for too much longer without looking like I'm trying too hard (unless I get on my Tinker Hatfield steez, that dude is old and STILL a G). But, I feel like New Balance is the brand that I can grow older with. Sure, brands like Kith and Concepts will still push shoes with super loud colors. But a majority of NBs are still clean, simple, classy and versatile. For example, the miUK Surplus Pack is comprised of shoes I can see myself wearing for a long time!

I guess this is my way of saying that I'll enjoy collecting for as long as I possibly can, but it's great to see older sneakerheads who still love and support the culture without necessarily copping every single release possible. I'm sure I'll be there soon enough!

Also, good luck to all gunning for the Cyclades. I'm 90% sure these will be an easy cop, lol.

It wasn't until about 4 years ago that I discovered New Balance and my sneaker collection changed forever. I really still appreciate sneaker culture as a whole and I've got love for different brands. I even appreciate how Adidas has come into the game and really challenged other major brands (namely Nike) to step their game up. But what intrigued me about New Balance as a brand was how timeless the silhouettes are and how refined the product was. I'm almost 30 and I can't imagine being able to pull off Jordans for too much longer without looking like I'm trying too hard (unless I get on my Tinker Hatfield steez, that dude is old and STILL a G). But, I feel like New Balance is the brand that I can grow older with. Sure, brands like Kith and Concepts will still push shoes with super loud colors. But a majority of NBs are still clean, simple, classy and versatile. For example, the miUK Surplus Pack is comprised of shoes I can see myself wearing for a long time!

Also, good luck to all gunning for the Cyclades. I'm 90% sure these will be an easy cop, lol.

Very poignant essay. I got out of the game in 97'after Nike started releasing wacky air maxes. Then just two years ago those NB Collabs pulled me right back in. Most of my shoes are subtle colored but it's nice to have a loud one in the mix.

haha it definitely is. Watched it like 4-5 times already and never gets old

I totally feel you, brother! I have been collecting sneakers seriously for about 11 years now (basically once I started having my own source of expensable income). About 5 years into collecting I ended up going through a purge of sorts because I realized that a) I had aspirations to be married and wanted to have enough for an engagement ring, b) though I loved my rainbow-colored Nike SB Dunks I knew I couldn't pull off wearing super flashy shoes forever and c) I never got to wearing all of my sneakers. I ended up selling off my entire collection with the hopes of trying out different brands and having a smaller collection (the idea of quality over quantity). At that point I was really close to walking away from the game altogether.

I guess this is my way of saying that I'll enjoy collecting for as long as I possibly can, but it's great to see older sneakerheads who still love and support the culture without necessarily copping every single release possible. I'm sure I'll be there soon enough!

Well said, man. I think a majority of the people in this thread feel the same way. I was never able to pull off basketball shoes or any Jordans (too bulky for my taste). NB is more of a refined style and works well for people who still want to be involved in the sneaker game, but don't want to deal with all of the nonsense that surrounds Nike and Jordan brand.

Very poignant essay. I got out of the game in 97'after Nike started releasing wacky air maxes. Then just two years ago those NB Collabs pulled me right back in. Most of my shoes are subtle colored but it's nice to have a loud one in the mix.

Well said, man. I think a majority of the people in this thread feel the same way. I was never able to pull off basketball shoes or any Jordans (too bulky for my taste). NB is more of a refined style and works well for people who still want to be involved in the sneaker game, but don't want to deal with all of the nonsense that surrounds Nike and Jordan brand.
Thanks, fam! I've got love for all brands but I really do appreciate the refined swag that NB brings.

Also, 1300BER for #OCF. I've been wearing these a lot more lately with the fall PLUS I love watching that Horween leather break in.

Also employed a filter in honor of KITH & RF lol.

They gonna post a link for the drop today or do I have to look it up? Nervous n awesome energy before a drop!!
Doubtful, 

the "View Now" button you can see on the front page of the site currently will change to a "Buy Now" button @ 11

That's normally the way i cop from Kith, there may be better methods out there but i'm pretty successful with that

you can always f5 the footwear page

https://kithnyc.com/collections/footwear

ive seen some releases hit that page before the button switches, and others never make it there. so best to check both. 

Thanks, fam! I've got love for all brands but I really do appreciate the refined swag that NB brings.

Also, 1300BER for #OCF. I've been wearing these a lot more lately with the fall PLUS I love watching that Horween leather break in.

Also employed a filter in honor of KITH & RF lol.
How filtered are we talking?

BC these look beautiful here!

Back
Top Bottom