Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The RF Cyclades was the #cockblock of the present with no international shipping. 
tired.gif

Last edited:
yeah buddy! I havr my eye in thise 998 Ash. Patience hope I can score them on discount.
Does the marterial/newbuck feel like a timberland?
I wish I could make the comparison, but I haven't owned/worn a timb in 10 years lol. 

Though this might be an overstatement, but in hand, the black/ash nubuck that surround the entire construction of the DPHO feels on par with the blue nubuck on the RF 998RF CNS (except no pig suede on the heel panels like the CNS). Build quality and materials are what really surprises me. 

Last edited:
Hey guys, if I'm a Size 12 US in a 991.5 will I be the same in a 1500? Would really appreciate a speedy tip! Thanks

Just picked my 998 greenback up at the merrick park Jcrew shop in miami. The dude their said they have sizes left and will ship free.

little more narrow in toe box. i go with same size in 998 as 997, 1/2 down from tts. i have narrow/medium foot. some guys go tts in 997 if they have wide foot.

little more narrow in toe box. i go with same size in 998 as 997, 1/2 down from tts. i have narrow/medium foot. some guys go tts in 997 if they have wide foot.

Thanks. I usually wear a 12 or 13 w slightly wide feet. My 998 size is 12 and only a 12 is available in the 997. May have to roll the dice :lol:

Feel like the Greenbacks are gonna be another Concret Jungle for me where I slept hard. Why is it they always look better when you can't get them???

I know they are available right now but you know it's gonna be a sleeper...

Last edited:
Stopped by my J Crew and took these pictures for you guys who are considering the shoes. In the hand the quality of the leather is on point. The nap on the heel is especially plush and the perf toe is tremendous and will please those that suffer from perf toe madness. However, for me, they were still an in the hand pass as they are just too Notre Dame, Leprechaun ,Hulk, Jolly Green Giant. I don't like the hulk green around the heel. It throws off the shoe. The Concepts Mints are still my go to's when I am feeling green. There is a lot to like about the shoe but it's just off. Close yet so far imo. 

Last edited:
Man these m577fw are nicer than I though they'd be
They have the softest lining of any perf toe I have worn from NB, the entire Flying the Flag pack is top notch IMO. I have the 1500's as well which are prob the highest quality shoe I own including my Horweens. I'm actually gonna sell my DS pair cause they are a 12 and I def need a 13 for the 1500. Hope I can still find one lol. 

Greenbacks looking great on foot! I think they'll stick around for a little bit, so I'll probably scoop them up in a few weeks.

New Balance crushed this retro:

1500BY

@remedy444

Between you and Crispy, I'm pissed. Missed my postman by twenty minutes today. Should have mine in hand Monday night. Haven't even touched them yet and might be my favorite release of the year across all brands.

Back
Top Bottom