Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Here is what I came up with:

They really let you go deep into the customization which is super dope but also makes it a really hard choice and at $200 you don't want to make a mistake

Middle pair is ssssiiicckkk!! The ebates code and 5% cash back helpes...if there is a larger sale Ill go after a brown pair...The waiting game sucks! Lets play hungry hungry hippoes!

I think Im in for a BRIGHT yellow and Im cool with that for the most part. Love the Orange but its more of a Burnt orangr than a Safetry orange.

if you guys had to choose, M1500NO or M1500TN?

TN for color. NO for shape.
Haven't even worn my NO yet.
I did reshape TN a bit too since the leather toe can be a little bulky.

Last edited:
TN for color. NO for shape.
Haven't even worn my NO yet.
I did reshape TN a bit too since the leather toe can be a little bulky.
lol now i'm even more conflicted

any idea why you haven't worn them?

if you guys had to choose, M1500NO or M1500TN?
I picked the M1500NO.. shape is 
nthat.gif

I agree with @Remy  the 1500TN is a beautiful shoe. But I've gotten a lot of wear out of my NO's and I love them.

Also, pondering pulling the trigger for this, would love your thoughts.

"CNS 2.0"

lol now i'm even more conflicted
any idea why you haven't worn them?
Not sure. I'm from New England so maybe its like a subconscious thing since NO is a NY knicks/mets colorway? TN feels totally different from NO though. Like they're heavier. Probably wont get much wear during the summer months.
I'll probably break them out soon but TN colorway is beautiful! Also the little suede accents are 
nthat.gif

This is probably the most helpful and "positive" thread I've seen on NT. It's really refreshing to see cats helping more than hating each other. I never knew such a world existed. :lol:

Not sure. I'm from New England so maybe its like a subconscious thing since NO is a NY knicks/mets colorway? TN feels totally different from NO though. Like they're heavier. Probably wont get much wear during the summer months.
I'll probably break them out soon but TN colorway is beautiful! Also the little suede accents are 
nthat.gif
Them bad boys be boootyful!! The black pair too!! Plus both can be had for a discount at most the EU shops. Comfy as all hell and just a dope shoe in both color ways. You can't go wrong with any 1500 IMO. Once I tried the 1500TY I got like every pair I could find and have like 8 pairs of 1500...Lord help me if NB1UK has the 1500 as an option!!

I picked the M1500NO.. shape is 
nthat.gif

I agree with @Remy  the 1500TN is a beautiful shoe. But I've gotten a lot of wear out of my NO's and I love them.

Also, pondering pulling the trigger for this, would love your thoughts.

"CNS 2.0"
Yeah boy!! Lemon bar out sole life!! Man...This perf toe is KILLING ME!! Now I want to do a dark color with the lemon bar bottom!!  And a Sand/Creamy color....Thank the gods both old and new that they did not open the 574 up to the perf toe...I'd be homeless and single...again!! LOL!!

NB1 OG's...Question. On line the speed lace and plastic heal thing "black" seems lighter than the castle rock option. In real life is it a true black? 

Yeah boy!! Lemon bar out sole life!! Man...This perf toe is KILLING ME!! Now I want to do a dark color with the lemon bar bottom!!  And a Sand/Creamy color....Thank the gods both old and new that they did not open the 574 up to the perf toe...I'd be homeless and single...again!! LOL!!

NB1 OG's...Question. On line the speed lace and plastic heal thing "black" seems lighter than the castle rock option. In real life is it a true black? 
Yup, it's true black!

One thing about NO that was a little annoying is the orange laces don't match the orange tongue/accents.

Okay my indecision got the better of me and my size is sold out LMAO

Could've had both pairs for 140 eur shipped. oh well!

Thanks to everyone for the advice, i shall hang my head in shame now 
mean.gif

And @moshepark  i think your pair is probably the only one that really manages to tone the yellow down to a point where it's tolerable, but an all white midsole would be better lol

Just colour swap the hi-lite with a cream or gum and it would be amazing

Size and size 12 997BEXP available on Gilt for $153.3 before shipping with code THIRTY. Great deal if you're still on the hunt.

And if you've never tried Horween you're missing out!

https://www.gilt.com/brand/new-bala...ance-997-leather-padded-sneaker?origin=search
That price! Funny thing is that's still cheaper than what they'll be when they hit NB flagship stores. For some reason, the two flagship stores in the U.S. (San Francisco and Boston) only got the 576 so far but it's $190. I'm imagining the other pairs will be even more expensive if that's the case.

Either way, Soleheaven is always handing out codes so hopefully pairs will stick around so dudes can eat with discount codes. Hard to imagine paying anything more than $100 after that SlamJam sale though 
roll.gif

Size and size 12 997BEXP available on Gilt for $153.3 before shipping with code THIRTY. Great deal if you're still on the hunt.

And if you've never tried Horween you're missing out!

https://www.gilt.com/brand/new-bala...ance-997-leather-padded-sneaker?origin=search

That price! Funny thing is that's still cheaper than what they'll be when they hit NB flagship stores. For some reason, the two flagship stores in the U.S. (San Francisco and Boston) only got the 576 so far but it's $190. I'm imagining the other pairs will be even more expensive if that's the case.

Either way, Soleheaven is always handing out codes so hopefully pairs will stick around so dudes can eat with discount codes. Hard to imagine paying anything more than $100 after that SlamJam sale though 
roll.gif

also always thought they remove vat but doesn't look like it

Really? What a shame.... I'll add them to my 'Don't buy from' list. 
LOL. If you sign up for their newsletters, though, they routinely send out 20-25% off coupons (25% off site wide just ended yesterday). They also offer free shipping. All in all you can get decent deals if you factor all that in.

roll.gif

that slamjam sale ruined me and now paying less than $100 is the goal

Thinking about doing red devil 998s and just cleaning up the collar 

Its so basic but the color block toe box is always a favorite of mine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom