Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

nice 678 post ! and best post ive seen in here in a long time. im also a huge 678 fan and have several pairs. The OG pair is one of NBs most iconic colorways.  i can never find a pair of mid 2000s, asian made, in my size. they are hard to find. I slept on them when Clientele in NYC (rip) and Undftd carried them and were the only two shops in the US that i know carried them. There were 3 colorways in that series (OG white teal, white burgundy, and white purple)...i dont know if you've noticed but the different versions also use different plastic lace loops. Also, there are samples floating around of the recent, cancelled ones, but they are all sample size 9 and not my size. 

Maybe if you're posting from mobile this is how it comes out? That's my assumption. When you post via desktop it gives you the option to control how big the image is in the post but I don't think that option exists from mobile browsers.

Also, those are super clean- love that light brown leather liner! The more time passes by, the more I regret sleeping on the Butterscotch 997s. The Moonshots weren't for me but I can get down with these. 

Moshe,
Yes I use the site on my phone, much easier to use imo but explains why I can't post bigger pics which is annoying. The butterscotches are really nice imo but the toe box has a greenish hue that always bothered me. getitaway getitaway hypebeast

Nope, those are an old GR. the pair you are after is the M577PSG but it's Moreno of a red than a pink

Wow I'm disappointed
I've seen PSG several times and never even thought for a second that it was that pair.
Thanks for the info though.

New jcrew look sick and Leather liner is always a plus :smokin
Don't think they'll beat butterscotches though. Probably my favorite cw from jcrew thus far.

New crew 997

Can someone tell me how to post those enlarged pics like above instead of these sh*tty jpegs that need to be enlarged? Am I showing my age? I'm out.

This pair is smoking hawt! Somewhere along the line of caramel latte?

Still waiting for a 997 perf toe.

Last edited:

Love my pair and for the price... 106 spent was a no brainer.
Man! That's a killer price. I want to pick up another pair if I find it for $150 or less. This pair was pre-owned, but in great condition, and picked up for $80. 

oh wow, those new J Crews look nice. I might have to just grab them. For whatever reason, butterscotches were never for me.

**Sigh**

I think I am getting screwed. So, I tried out "grailed" and I think I might catch the "L" as some would say.

So, 14 days ago I asked a seller about some "Premier" 998s they had for sale with a make offer option. I message the seller asking of they if they are still available and they next day saying they are. Well, a few days after that I sent an offer and a day later the person accepted it. The next day I purchased them through PayPal. The system generates a message to the seller that I purchased them and with my info and the same day I get a message back that reads "Thanks for your purchase! Let me know if you have any questions". So the next day I send a message that says something like "If you could send me some tracking info or number when they are shipped it would be much appreciated". That was 6 days ago and I haven't heard anything and no response to that message. Now, I get people have lives and it may take a bit, but I'm starting to get the anxious feeling. I'm thinking if giving it this week then possibly contacting the site or PayPal. Am I overreacting?

**Sigh**

I think I am getting screwed. So, I tried out "grailed" and I think I might catch the "L" as some would say.

So, 14 days ago I asked a seller about some "Premier" 998s they had for sale with a make offer option. I message the seller asking of they if they are still available and they next day saying they are. Well, a few days after that I sent an offer and a day later the person accepted it. The next day I purchased them through PayPal. The system generates a message to the seller that I purchased them and with my info and the same day I get a message back that reads "Thanks for your purchase! Let me know if you have any questions". So the next day I send a message that says something like "If you could send me some tracking info or number when they are shipped it would be much appreciated". That was 6 days ago and I haven't heard anything and no response to that message. Now, I get people have lives and it may take a bit, but I'm starting to get the anxious feeling. I'm thinking if giving it this week then possibly contacting the site or PayPal. Am I overreacting?
You're not overreacting. If he wasn't going to ship it within a week after you bought it he should have messaged you to let you know. And the fact that he isn't responding to your messages isn't a good sign. You can wait it out if you want and hopefully he gains a conscience and ships them, but if not, you're covered by Paypal if you file a claim that you never received the item. 

Last edited:
You're not overreacting. If he wasn't going to ship it within a week after you bought it he should have messaged you to let you know. And the fact that he isn't responding to your messages isn't a good sign. You can wait it out if you want and hopefully he gains a conscience and ships them, but if not, you're covered by Paypal if you file a claim that you never received the item. 

I mean, the guy had a 5/5 with 9/9 saying they would buy again. Like, I think I am being reasonable. Maybe I will check to see if they are relisted

Back
Top Bottom