Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Message him again and say that you are going to file a claim if he doesn't respond in the next few days. 

Yeah. Like I said, maybe he just shipped and hasn't thought about it again since, but if you are on the site you'll see you have a new message. It was interesting because when I sent the message I got an email notification that he responded. Once I sent the offer he accepted and I never heard anything back via email, I had to actually check the site. That's why i sent an actual message was so he got a notification rather than just a generic message from the site.....if that makes sense.

New crew 997

Can someone tell me how to post those enlarged pics like above instead of these sh*tty jpegs that need to be enlarged? Am I showing my age? I'm out.
another jcrew banger.  always a fan of their fit/cushioned soles vs. GRs. 

Last edited:
What is up with that shape!? 
sick.gif

Last edited:

What is up with that shape!? 
sick.gif
Honestly don't think the shape is terrible- pretty much on par with all the recent GRs that have been coming out. When they first reissued the 997s the shape was spot on. While the recent GRs haven't been on par with the originals they're still not that bad, IMO (I feel the same way about the old vs. newer 998s). 

Also, we know that J.Crew takes the worst photos when it comes to their own products :smile:

Yeah. Like I said, maybe he just shipped and hasn't thought about it again since, but if you are on the site you'll see you have a new message. It was interesting because when I sent the message I got an email notification that he responded. Once I sent the offer he accepted and I never heard anything back via email, I had to actually check the site. That's why i sent an actual message was so he got a notification rather than just a generic message from the site.....if that makes sense.
I would honestly open up a paypal dispute and try to get your money back. I usually ship same or next day when people buy off me on grailed. I know the feeling as a buyer that they want the item they payed for to arrive asap. He could've had better communication as well as in when they are going to ship and give you tracking or what not.. hope you can get things settled soon.

I would honestly open up a paypal dispute and try to get your money back. I usually ship same or next day when people buy off me on grailed. I know the feeling as a buyer that they want the item they payed for to arrive asap. He could've had better communication as well as in when they are going to ship and give you tracking or what not.. hope you can get things settled soon.

I appreciate the advice guys. Reps for ya.

So, if you have used grailed before, do you send the info to grailed and they send it to the people or do you send it on your own to the buyer?

EDIT: I have received a tracking number and info. Guy sent a message through grailed too. **Wheew** got me all worried.

Last edited:
Man, next to the Butterscotches, the Cortados look kind of cheap.  if it was a gum sole, i'd probably look past it though.

Man, next to the Butterscotches, the Cortados look kind of cheap.  if it was a gum sole, i'd probably look past it though.
Dang, you think so?! I actually love the hits of leather and the liner on the Cortados- give the shoes an even more premium feel. 

I think it's just the pictures. J. Crew has such awful promo/stock pictures of their sneakers for some reason. I expect them to be as lush and premium as the butterscotches. 

I think it's just the pictures. J. Crew has such awful promo/stock pictures of their sneakers for some reason. I expect them to be as lush and premium as the butterscotches. 
Could be true.  at first i thought they were pretty nice b/c i tend to like earth/neutral tone shoes, but the last few make them kind of look like asian-made quality.  J Crew stylists and photographers could learn a bit about shaping the shoe or making them look appealing before snapping photos haha

There is no special packaging or release. Confirmed by Jcrew Georgetown.

Butterscotch wood is awesome...I ended up giving away all the damn candy for the most part. Mom and aunts murdered it.

Probably the worse Jcrew shoe images to date was the Nighthawk 998. Soooo glad I didn't sleep on those and grabbed them.

Totally different in hand.

Georgetown shipped me my Butterscotches which was clutch because my wife gave birth the night before and there was no way I was leaving the hospital. They shipped them in the wood box with the candy in there. It was nice but I do wish they would have also sent me the regular NB box for storage purposes.

Georgetown shipped me my Butterscotches which was clutch because my wife gave birth the night before and there was no way I was leaving the hospital. They shipped them in the wood box with the candy in there. It was nice but I do wish they would have also sent me the regular NB box for storage purposes.
talk about priorities. 

this. J Crew photos have always been terrible. Hopefully they look much better in person.

Last edited:
Shape on those J crews looks atrocious, but maybe they just shot a bad pair. Usually j crew collars are pretty solid shape-wise. They look a little bit better in this pic. I think a white lace switch would set these off:

Back
Top Bottom