Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

its crazy how those 1600's look so much better than the ones made now. the toe changes the entire shoe.
Hey guys thanks for all the compliment on the 1600. For all my NB investment this is definitely standout. I was determined to wear this before it arrived. Once i got this i am hesitated as i don't want to spoil something this good.........would be too lucky if i can double up

the 1600 first appeared in 1996...i'd say there's a good chance those are from 1998...

1600 is my 2nd favorite NB model of all time. I saved up for months at my mimimum wage ($5.05 an hour back then) job to get $200 to buy a pair in 1996. like many of NB's other models, they were the most expensive running shoe on the market at the time.
thanks for the info mate....feel really lucky to score this under 100usd (shipping included). i can really feel the quality of this pair. Cannot imagine how insanely good would be the original 1300jp

Last edited:

Wow that dude overcharging!! The cny 998s were found at new balance outlets I believe like last year and seen people selling them for around $200 on ebay... Stamped factory second.
my boy that works at the brighton outlet found a pair there in his size a couple weeks ago. he probably paid around $100 for them i'd guess. i don't understand where people get all this money that they can just buy $300-400 shoes like this. aren't we technically still in a recession?

my boy that works at the brighton outlet found a pair there in his size a couple weeks ago. he probably paid around $100 for them i'd guess. i don't understand where people get all this money that they can just buy $300-400 shoes like this. aren't we technically still in a recession?

He prob paid 20-50 for them and a recession? Unemployment is nearly at an all time low....

Its called CREDIT AND DEBT. Quite a few people are maxing out credit cards and spending money they really Dont have. Some I would imagine are side stepping paying their bills to buy sneakers. While others are living in a room or the basement of their parents home with very few bills so they can afford to over indulge in spending ridiculous amounts on sneakers[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

He doesn't happen to be a 10.5 or an 11 does he? Or have access to grab a pair in that size? Lol. Kinda kidding......not kidding....

Last edited:
those 1600 are not wearable...be cautious. i have 3 pairs from the same era, and they held solid until about 2 years ago

I know these have been talked about before but I keep seeing pics and they grew on me. I'm really feeling these for spring/summer:

So far I've found them on a couple sites for 20% off and 15% off. Anyone found better? 30% anywhere? The 20% off site - Bodega (using the welcome discount) doesn't have my size 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
has anyone seen or heard anything about a Boston Marathon Made in USA model this year? in past years they've done limited release 574s or 998s and I've been lucky enough to get a pair, this year I'm actually running the Marathon so I really want the 2017 model whatever it is. any news yet?

has anyone seen or heard anything about a Boston Marathon Made in USA model this year? in past years they've done limited release 574s or 998s and I've been lucky enough to get a pair, this year I'm actually running the Marathon so I really want the 2017 model whatever it is. any news yet?

Nothing official yet but they just released a trailer for their zante, in the trailer it shows a 998 at the factory being made, it looks like it says this is Boston on the back and I'm guesss it will be purple like the zantes. Was able to snap a screenshot of it well watching the "this is boston" trailer. My guess is we will get full details by EOD.

Do you guys think I should go for a pair of Cyclades for $315 shipped? 
Only other pair I found in my size is some scum on K'lekt who wants $370, and claims it as his final price as it is "The cheapest on K'lekt"

No, you can get those for lower than that.... The 997.5 by RF are not moving at all..

Nothing official yet but they just released a trailer for their zante, in the trailer it shows a 998 at the factory being made, it looks like it says this is Boston on the back and I'm guesss it will be purple like the zantes. Was able to snap a screenshot of it well watching the "this is boston" trailer. My guess is we will get full details by EOD.

thank you. i'll keep an eye out and post here, I just hope they don't drop on marathon Monday, because i'll be kind of busy that day. I'm gonna check my old pairs boxes and see if I have receipts in there. I think they've always dropped before the marathon.

thank you. i'll keep an eye out and post here, I just hope they don't drop on marathon Monday, because i'll be kind of busy that day. I'm gonna check my old pairs boxes and see if I have receipts in there. I think they've always dropped before the marathon.
You could always cop 'em at the finish line, haha. 

if they had a pop up shop I would. gonna need some comfortable 998s after 26.2
I wasn't exaggerating, homie. You don't need a pop-up shop, New Balance has a location on Boylston St, almost right next to the finish line. If they release a special marathon 998 they'll definitely have them there on that day. 

Call the Boyolston location once more details are released. If they do drop marathon Monday I would call the Boylston location the manager Tim is a great guy. If you explained to him your situation I would be surprised if they wouldn't help you out.

Call the Boyolston location once more details are released. If they do drop marathon Monday I would call the Boylston location the manager Tim is a great guy. If you explained to him your situation I would be surprised if they wouldn't help you out.
Tim doesn't work there anymore but I agree with @runners781, just give 'em a call and they'll take good care of you.

I wasn't exaggerating, homie. You don't need a pop-up shop, New Balance has a location on Boylston St, almost right next to the finish line. If they release a special marathon 998 they'll definitely have them there on that day. 
oh perfect. The last few years I bought from concepts. Forgot the NB flagship gets them too.

Last edited:

the shoes have been release/sold through cncpts/the tannery the past 2 years and wernt available anywhere else, so id try checking with them.

Last edited:
He doesn't happen to be a 10.5 or an 11 does he? Or have access to grab a pair in that size? Lol. Kinda kidding......not kidding....
think he's a 10.5. but most definitely no more there. he had to hide them in the back room somewhere so no one would find them

Back
Top Bottom