Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Huh. I bought a pair of J.Crew's Desert Boots with the student discount and asked if it applied to New Balances, and they said it did.
Same here. I've never seen them do discounts on New Balances, and besides... my old college ID is tattered at this point.

My student ID worked just fine. I purchased the military grey 998's and it came out to $120 with the student discount. I think the student discount is supposed to apply for everything in-store and isn't brand selective but I could be wrong.

@gatormd you can order them to be sent to your local j.crew from another store but you have to pay over the phone first and they don't give student discounts. But in my case, I was lucky bc it was the only pair at my j.crew on display and the guy working there even said that was the first time he had seen them. I hadn't seen them before either but they were my size and they looked and felt great on my feet when I tried them on. There's been a lot of chatter about the pebble blues but I actually prefer the military grey colorway, the shoes look way better in person and the j.crew pics don't do the shoes any justice.

The salesperson was like "if they're still there by the end of the night I'm gonna scoop them up." He didn't get a chance to though 
happy.gif

I don't really have a nice digital camera and that is why I don't really post pics but I'll try to put some up either tonight or tomorrow with my cell. I have an exam tomorrow lol so most likely tomorrow 
happy.gif

I havent seen any 998s in-store. Did you guys ask the salesperson order it for you?
It depends on the store. Some locations don't carry Men's shoes, some carry only J.Crew brand shoes, and some carry only J.Crew 1400s. I've only been to one store that had the 998s.

I wouldn't expect this to happen for a long, long time. If any of you are still students, or you have a student ID laying around, go cop in-store. They offer a 15% discount to students. I believe it brings the price down towards $125-ish.
Wow I wasn't aware they did student discounts. Hopefully I can go this weekend and see what's up

A little bit late posting these pics, but I got my pair of 1300LG from Joes NB Outlet. For $79, I can't complain on the quality of this pair, there was only a few minor things that was wrong. Overall, I was very satisfied and luckily I got them before they went and jacked up the prices on these. 

A little chipping on the guard on the back of one of the pair.

A minor glue error.

And the toe boxs seem very fragile. I'm not sure if this is the case with all 1300's, this is my first pair of them and they always looked like they're the model that's most susceptible to the toe box creasing easily.

Damn, I definitely would've jumped on these if I didn't already have them. I love LG's.

At the J. Crew in Lennox?
Yup. Maybe it depends on who you talk to. I was buying a few other things, so my sales rep must've had a bit of commission coming in. Maybe they were being nice?

They didn't have the Pebbles, though. When I was in there 3 weeks ago they didn't have any of the other 998s, either.

Yup. Maybe it depends on who you talk to. I was buying a few other things, so my sales rep must've had a bit of commission coming in. Maybe they were being nice?

They didn't have the Pebbles, though. When I was in there 3 weeks ago they didn't have any of the other 998s, either.

Yeah I went in a month ago trying to get a pair of 998s. Maybe I'll try again.

He's getting the stain checked out by a cleaner/customizer down in Brazil.  I'll know tomorrow.  The trade is for a pair of Nike SB red Supreme lows.

Dude also said that the stain messed up the suede and as you can see the stain goes from the beginning of the N to the end of the shoe.  He might also sell them to me at a discount if the trade doesn't go down.

Last edited:
He's getting the stain checked out by a cleaner/customizer down in Brazil.  I'll know tomorrow.  The trade is for a pair of Nike SB red Supreme lows.

Dude also said that the stain messed up the suede and as you can see the stain goes from the beginning of the N to the end of the shoe.  He might also sell them to me at a discount if the trade doesn't go down.
i hear ya..i still woulda done it, i dont care for surpreme, nor dunks..but thats just me

hopefully it pulls thru tho dude, you wont be dissatisfied with em

Honest dude for telling you about the stain. IMHO, even stained, you have the upper hand in that trade! Props! I would cop even w that stain, I have about given up finding a pristine pair.

Back
Top Bottom