Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

...I asked the associate if this was a new colorway, he said "no, its the GR navy c/w". He stated it was the display model naturally changing color due to exposure to light. I looked at the inside tongue tag and sure enough it was the GR NV4 colorway.

Have any of you guys seen this happen with NBs through the years? I know white will naturally yellow, but I've never seen a navy suede fade into grey. I almost want to do this same effect to some pairs just by leaving kicks out of the box. I found these to look kinda sweet!

Working in shoe stores throughout high school and college I noticed all suede ages and fades with UV exposure. Navy and black turn to a dark grey-ish color, orange fades to light orange or dark yellow depending on how long it sits, reds to light reds or pinks, etc.

I’ve got a pair of 997NV that looks just like that navy 990v4 above. But my pair is like 4 years old with a lot of wear and tear. It may look “ashy” to some, but I think the aged suede looks really good.

Has anyone sprayed Crep Protect on their suede NBs?
Thinking of spraying down my Rose's and Luxury Goods, but I'm a bit worried I might ruin them. Paranoia at its finest...

Oh man Oh man!! I hear you bro! Young'en now a days have no clue that they are getting played HARD! Just because something is expensive does not make it fire! Just because something is one sale does not make it a brick. Man makes the outfit; the outfit never makes the man!

Case in point those fugly Belenciagas! Now made in China! Ugly and MIC!!!???? Where is the quality? Where is the value? And my personal fave: Jordans! Heads ***** and cry "Oh bots this and Scalpers that I can't get a shoe I want!" Then JB makes a move the past two years and what do these same heads say? "Oh man this shoe is sitting! Restocked again! No resale value!" Like any of this should matter!!!!

Being a stand up guy is hard. If it was easy everybody would be doing it. Being a shepole is much easier...tell me what to do and what to buy and I'm there!
I feel bad for the newer generations, these kids troll each other hard on the internet and so quick to call others out for being a ‘broke boi’ etc. so I think it’s that added pressure between them too that makes them buy everything / anything that’s new lol. This has been discussed before but the use of the word GOAT / GRAIL should be banned with these kids.

1FAA2996-D989-4E04-801A-4D8633E9F2EE.jpeg
Don’t think these were posted already...should be coming soon

:wow: what's with all these mono chrome colorways.. i'm ready for them to get jiggy with it

anyone see real life pictures of the w990ng4? women's rose gold?

Which pair of the J. Crew National parks are y'all going after?

I think I'm going to pass on the Crater Lake pair since 75% of my collection is blue. :lol:

But the Death Valley pair is a must. I'm going to order online tonight when they release and then try and convince a store to ship me a pair with the special box.

Last edited:
Neither. Blue pair looks too much like my 998BDs and the brown ones are too similar to my Norse 1500s.

If I didn't have those pairs, I'd probably cop both pairs of JCrews. They look good.

I'm digging Death Valley.

Threw them on last night...[/ATTACH]
Solid. I think I'll throw in same laces.

flintgrey flintgrey how much you tryna pay for the jp4's
As little as possible!

I feel bad for the newer generations.....This has been discussed before but the use of the word GOAT / GRAIL should be banned with these kids.
Amen!

:wow: what's with all these mono chrome colorways.. i'm ready for them to get jiggy with it
+1

15cc7dc.png

Also, I knew the Grenson joints would be a premium, but didn't know they ran $400!!!!

Back
Top Bottom