Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Keep your PR's from this pack, MD's on your bihhh Based God.

20200504_105023.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone here peruses Hypebeast. I couldn't help but noticed that the Brand Ranking list has New Balance at #3, right behind Nike and Adidas. I'm pretty sure a few months ago, New Balance was in the bottom 10. I know it may not mean anything, but just another indicator that NB is on quite a few people's radars.

Also, I'm really loving The Last Dance documentary. I didn't know this about the Jumpman logo:

Mind linking me to the rankings, bro?

-Drew

That whole prior no vacancy inn and nb release was an odd one. I won the raffle a month or so went by emailed countless times regarding the shoes. I filed a claim after no email of shipping won the claim and the shoes showed up in September 🤣

That whole prior no vacancy inn and nb release was an odd one. I won the raffle a month or so went by emailed countless times regarding the shoes. I filed a claim after no email of shipping won the claim and the shoes showed up in September 🤣
Damn, no vacancy no Wi-Fi no water no shoes

So is WTAPS just a less known Japanese rip off of carhart? That is just less known and quality isn’t as good and charges $120 for a tee? Seen there pieces in store and never really understood the hype behind them.....

That's sort of a bad comparison. One is a streetwear brand, one isn't.

agreed and one also has a full century head start on the other
Lol what doses either of those have to do with an analogy? ALD has been compared to RL alot. Streetwear essentially is a rip off of other areas of fashion, they have never been pioneers of the fashion world.

So is WTAPS just a less known Japanese rip off of carhart? That is just less known and quality isn’t as good and charges $120 for a tee? Seen there pieces in store and never really understood the hype behind them.....
Yeah and new balance is just expensive keds with a thicker sole :rolleyes :stoneface:

There isn't that much hype behind them. I don't know where you're seeing wtaps hype. They have far fewer instagram followers than new balance, as well as other streetwear brands that are actually similar like neighbourhood, carhartt WIP (completely different from the carhartt you mentioned). They don't have a major physical retail presence where people line up and they don't have drops like supreme that sell out in seconds. They "rip off" American military silhouettes more than anything for work shirts and jackets, the rest is just standard streetwear with hoodies, graphic tees, hats, etc. Vans collabs were always their most coveted pieces in the US although there hasn't been a good wtaps x vans in at least 4-5 years.

Yeah and new balance is just expensive keds with a thicker sole :rolleyes :stoneface:

There isn't that much hype behind them. I don't know where you're seeing wtaps hype. They have far fewer instagram followers than new balance, as well as other streetwear brands that are actually similar like neighbourhood, carhartt WIP (completely different from the carhartt you mentioned). They don't have a major physical retail presence where people line up and they don't have drops like supreme that sell out in seconds. They "rip off" American military silhouettes more than anything for work shirts and jackets, the rest is just standard streetwear with hoodies, graphic tees, hats, etc. Vans collabs were always their most coveted pieces in the US although there hasn't been a good wtaps x vans in at least 4-5 years.

WTAPS is pretty big in Asia man... just bc its not well known in states doesnt mean it doesnt apply everywhere else lol

WTAPS is pretty big in Asia man... just bc its not well known in states doesnt mean it doesnt apply everywhere else lol
You're right, they're much more popular in Asia than North America and Europe, which are where the online stores I shop from are located. More popular ≠ hype, though. Show me some wtaps hype solely for the brand's own releases, I'm curious now. As far as I've seen they fell off the last couple years as they strayed toward more graphics and louder colors.

Back
Top Bottom