Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I agree with all of this
If you think all of RF's colorways are "original"...welcome to the hobby. The majority of his stuff is flipped/remixed or straight up bitten GR colorways (with rope laces..cool). That is and always has been my biggest knock on dude. I wouldnt call that bashing. Its straight up fact, and even HE knows it!

Him being able to sell out shoes that other sites still have in stock, and for an avg markup of about 10 bucks a pair...marketing genius. No argument there, he is good at marketing...I would call that a compliment.

As for his design work...I honestly would not put him up on any pedestal just yet, and who knows..some of his best "original" work could be from his team, and not his mind.

Quality seems to have gone down a bit with the rise in production, but I agree that on average, quality with my RF's has been on point. As they should be. :smile:

Would I cop steel blue 999s? Nope. Did not even attempt. I think the 1300 looks better in that C/W. Ok, I am lying, if the price was good I would probably grab em (tradebait!), but I wouldnt seek them out.

I like and own a bunch of his stuff. I am not a part of the whole "if its hyped, I wont wear it" crew. If I like it, and can cop it, I will. I know plenty of people are devoted fanbois, and plenty are proactive haters...I fall in the middle. I like some of his stuff, and some of his stuff is pure hype and imitation.
[i agree with this and especially your last part, lately all of RF has is been hype and every shoe he talks about gets hyped up and people
Buy it. Back when his older stuff came out it wasn't nearly priced at ridiculous prices as it is now. I remember seeing mazarines and salmon toes for under three hundred now both are around a grand. He does come out with good designs but some are just plain and get resold for crazy prices.

Hmmmmm. What am I looking forward too. Definitely that teal/khaki 999 pack and those red 998s are looking great too. Collab wise I may grab those UA 1500s. But only if I see some good looking on foot pics, can't make up my mind until I see if the shape is good on feet.

I'm looking forward to July's ML996AN that Stunna posted a few pages back.  Nothing else really has my interest right now, thankfully.

CM580GPY

Last edited:

CM580GR

Both of these are available at shopnicekicks.com right now for retail + free ship if you are a member. You can check if the code nkvid20 still works for an additional 20% off.

Those 1500s are soo nice I'm Deffinately looking at a pair of 1500s I think they are one of the best models and every color looks clean on them. Any word on when those drop?
I'm pretty sure they were slated for a March release, but got pushed back to April.  So hopefully soon.  I should've pre-ordered them, but I was hoping for a better price from a stateside retailer.  Guess we'll see.  

Looking forward to a newer model for NB customs.  Hopefully it is the 996, 998 or the 1500 but we all know that this is a long shot.  Also, interested in the 998gnr reintroduction, 990 burgundy and United Arrows 1500.

Anybody has a lead on B&Y 1700 in a size 10 at retail or close to it.  Passed on it so many times before.  Would appreciate the help.

Are the two 1500s in these page the same ones? Do they just look different because of the lighting? 

HAHA oh man, are you SERIOUS RIGHT NOW??? This coming from the guy who spent about a page talking about all the reasons he doesn't like Ronnie Fieg. I'm not trying to start **** with anyone. If you go back and look, EZ started **** with me, I was just responding. The only thing I did was criticize people for unjustifiably hating on RF, and then I get all this heat sent my way. This is the problem. You guys get so touchy the minute someone doesn't agree with you and then you insist on starting these long arguments. All I tried to say was that the hate on RF shouldn't be on the man, but the mindless sheep who are invading the sneaker game in general. That's mostly on sneaker blogs and celebrities, not RF. If that offends you so much, oh well. 

Oh and speaking of the Beauty and Youth 1700s, for anyone looking for a bigger size there is a size 12 on sneakerhead for retail ($150). I'd cop myself but I'm not too into them. 

Last edited:
^ So they are the same 1500s? Because in that one picture the grey ones kinda look tan, but I guess that's because of the outside lighting. 

I'm looking forward to a bunch of things already posted over the last couple of pages and also the 576 "Tea Pack".

It seems like 576s more than any other shoe are always in packs (577s too I guess). I wonder why the Cumbria plant is always doing packs but the Maine one rarely does...

Big fan of 576's, pub pack, 30th anni flimby pack... Want that tea pack as well as the race days. And these 577's

Rain mac pack.

Those race days were sold out on New Balance. I think they came out in February.

I want more 990s Anniversaries. I just got the black anniversary pair today and also the blue florals.

Back
Top Bottom