Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Can ANYONE please please help me on where to find the steel blue 999s that rf did for a good price? or know anyone thats selling?? 

It would be much appreciated.

size 10 and I recently joined niketalk to learn more about shoes and all of these posts have been very helpful thank you to all the people in this thread.

It's always the same thing with this guy. 
roll.gif
im confused, youve only been on this forum for how many days now? please shutup, and yes i put halp, because its the internet and i can type any way i want. didnt know this thread has a bunch of ****s in it now. awesome ;3 

Last edited:
Dope pickups Stunna!
nthat.gif

@Razz: i didnt say i hated him, i dont even know the guy. Im just talking about his shoes, and if you've seen some of the IDs that people from NT make like I have- you know theres plenty of people around here capable. Make another argumentative post, it just further proves the point
Ya and everyone who makes halfway decent colorways on nikeid should be a designer for nike, those guys have no talent! And-and-and! Stop it. Your argument is ridiculous.

And I never said anything about his character, so I don't know why you're bringing it up. I was speaking strictly about the shoes too. You would cop the salmon soles or steel blues any day of the week, don't even try to front. 

smh glad ive slowly stopped checking this thread, alot of bickering and internet arguing and less help for the NB lovers. What happened? and please miss me with the " stuff went sour when TMNB started " foogazy cop out. alot of immature individuals have been posting and seeking attention. Just dont reply to the childish posters and get back to the shoes.

I know WESTNYC adn FeatureLV are getting those tan asian NB's so Im thinking more stores in the US will get them. 

Wondering who copped those sz 13 red/grey 1500's off shoestores smh lol

Anyone have some on foot photos of those grey/red 1500's? or the grey/orange 999's?

Lol the old one or the new one? And you know, thousands and thousands of other people would cop them for the same price. That's why resale prices are so high. Is that Fieg's fault? No, he produces a limited quantity so he can ensure quality and that the shoes actually mean something to the people that get them, unlike jordan releases where everyone and their mom can cop. So I have no idea why people hate on him for the exclusivity. 

Oh and EZ, pic related 

TROLL.jpg

Lol the old one or the new one? And you know, thousands and thousands of other people would cop them for the same price. That's why resale prices are so high. Is that Fieg's fault? No, he produces a limited quantity so he can ensure quality and that the shoes actually mean something to the people that get them, unlike jordan releases where everyone and their mom can cop. So I have no idea why people hate on him for the exclusivity. 

Oh and EZ, pic related 

TROLL.jpg
People hate on him because he of the attitude he likes to put off, the whole "oh i brought new balance and asics to the spotlight singlehandedly". I have met the guy in NYC and he honestly is a nice dude, seems to REALLY care about Kith and its image, to be truthful a bit too much. He straight up kicked a dude out of the store because guy was bagging on his clothing line, kinda absurd. I feel like he is the type of guy that thinks everything that he puts work in to is perfect, and absolutely HATES being critiqued by people that are "below him". I remember on twitter when people were comparing his mercer pants to some other brands like publish brand and freshjive he legit said, "You can't even compare them. The mercer was the first, and will always be the best." That was honestly a straight up lie, publish has been putting out their "jogger pants" long before kith put out its first blue label mercers. So yeah, I think the dude is a little hardheaded when it comes to his products and collabs, but he did put in a LOT of work to get where he is and probably ran in to TONS of critics. Kith is that guys baby essentially, and he is the overprotective parent. Basically, I can understand why people hate the guy. I personally don't though, I have to appreciate the good colorways he has brought to the table. But in NO WAY do I think that the dude is the sole reason that stuff like NB and asics gained their newfound popularity. They both had a strong following before he was in the game, and will still have it when he is long gone. 

Whats a decent price for salmon soles? I am also looking as well but its seems like I cant find one in a size 11 for a good price. Id rather get Providers or Solebox collabs with the price they are asking on Ebay.
Join some facebook groups and you will find some better prices. Have seen them go for 250-300 average and $210 lowest on the following groups. Buying/Selling Kicks NYC, NDSBG Marketplace, and Soles&h o e s(without the spaces in h o e s, NT just loves to censor everything). Just be patient and you will find them for a halfway decent price on them.

BTW raffi the only reason i said that is because on the AM1 thread you said halp too, i just find it funny. It's the internet, things aren't meant to be taken so seriously.

Last edited:
@Avengenator

I agree with most of this. But idk how you can hate a guy for kicking some loudmouth out of his store. I guarantee you if you went into 21 mercer and started telling everyone about how nike is an evil corporate giant that exploits children in asia they would kick you out in <5 minutes. It's about being respectful when you're in someone's store.

On the other hand, I don't think Fieg is the only one who brought NB or Asics to the spotlight and I never claimed to do so. I don't think he believes that either, so idk why anyone would hate on him for that. I think honestly the main reason NB is popular right now is because people have gotten fed up with the quality of Jordan and nike retros and they're looking for an alternative. Fieg capitalized on that market, but he isn't the reason for it. 

@Avengenator

I agree with most of this. But idk how you can hate a guy for kicking some loudmouth out of his store. I guarantee you if you went into 21 mercer and started telling everyone about how nike is an evil corporate giant that exploits children in asia they would kick you out in <5 minutes. It's about being respectful when you're in someone's store.

On the other hand, I don't think Fieg is the only one who brought NB or Asics to the spotlight and I never claimed to do so. I don't think he believes that either, so idk why anyone would hate on him for that. I think honestly the main reason NB is popular right now is because people have gotten fed up with the quality of Jordan and nike retros and they're looking for an alternative. Fieg capitalized on that market, but he isn't the reason for it. 
That post wasn't directed at what you wrote, sorry I should have said that, it was a more of an in general view. I understand totally why dude got kicked out, he wasn't really making a ruckus though he just was complaining and pissed off because he had put his mercer pants through the wash only a couple times and they got wasted, and they had no stock to replace them so he kinda went off on a tangent. I lived in england a couple years back and I have to say that is where I saw the NB and asics hype long before here, I remember there were people camping at the local spot near where i lived for some NB that i am forgetting the name of. Popular fashion at the time I lived there was that everyone was rocking trainers, would rarely ever see people in jordans or dunks or whatnot. My personal hypothesis on why it got so popular here,(along with what you said about quality i totally agree on that), is that the fashion scene in America has evolved a lot as of late. NB had the reputation when I was younger as being "dad shoes" but that was the time when everyone was wearing clothes that didn't fit and shoes that were barely laced. This was basically due to how celebrities and rappers were dressing, everyone wanted to be like them so they dressed like them. Now a days fashion has grown up a LOT, people and celebrities/rappers alike are dressing way more simplistic and classy. Instead of wearing some big, bulky, basketball shoes with a slimmed down outfit. People have seen that the streamlined and timeless silhouette of trainers like NB and Asics work very well with a more grown up wardrobe. Basically, a lot of people suddenly realized how amazing NBs really are, and at that same time the creative department at NB kicked in to high gear and started putting out great colorway after great colorway, with plenty of awesome collabs thrown in as well. A bunch of different factors came together at the same time and NB secured its current position in the fashion/footwear market that is only ever expanding as more people come on board. 

That is my theory at least. Sorry if there is any fuc*ed up grammar in there, my GFs stupid a*s cat kept jumping up on to my desk and hitting the keyboard.

Last edited:
That post wasn't directed at what you wrote, sorry I should have said that, it was a more of an in general view. I understand totally why dude got kicked out, he wasn't really making a ruckus though he just was complaining and pissed off because he had put his mercer pants through the wash only a couple times and they got wasted, and they had no stock to replace them so he kinda went off on a tangent. I lived in england a couple years back and I have to say that is where I saw the NB and asics hype long before here, I remember there were people camping at the local spot near where i lived for some NB that i am forgetting the name of. Popular fashion at the time I lived there was that everyone was rocking trainers, would rarely ever see people in jordans or dunks or whatnot. My personal hypothesis on why it got so popular here,(along with what you said about quality i totally agree on that), is that the fashion scene in America has evolved a lot as of late. NB had the reputation when I was younger as being "dad shoes" but that was the time when everyone was wearing clothes that didn't fit and shoes that were barely laced. This was basically due to how celebrities and rappers were dressing, everyone wanted to be like them so they dressed like them. Now a days fashion has grown up a LOT, people and celebrities/rappers alike are dressing way more simplistic and classy. Instead of wearing some big, bulky, basketball shoes with a slimmed down outfit. People have seen that the streamlined and timeless silhouette of trainers like NB and Asics work very well with a more grown up wardrobe. Basically, a lot of people suddenly realized how amazing NBs really are, and at that same time the creative department at NB kicked in to high gear and started putting out great colorway after great colorway, with plenty of awesome collabs thrown in as well. A bunch of different factors came together at the same time and NB secured its current position in the fashion/footwear market that is only ever expanding as more people come on board. 

That is my theory at least. Sorry if there is any fuc*ed up grammar in there, my GFs stupid a*s cat kept jumping up on to my desk and hitting the keyboard.
Spot on

If you think all of RF's colorways are "original"...welcome to the hobby. The majority of his stuff is flipped/remixed or straight up bitten GR colorways (with rope laces..cool). That is and always has been my biggest knock on dude. I wouldnt call that bashing. Its straight up fact, and even HE knows it!

Him being able to sell out shoes that other sites still have in stock, and for an avg markup of about 10 bucks a pair...marketing genius. No argument there, he is good at marketing...I would call that a compliment.

As for his design work...I honestly would not put him up on any pedestal just yet, and who knows..some of his best "original" work could be from his team, and not his mind.

Quality seems to have gone down a bit with the rise in production, but I agree that on average, quality with my RF's has been on point. As they should be. :smile:

Would I cop steel blue 999s? Nope. Did not even attempt. I think the 1300 looks better in that C/W. Ok, I am lying, if the price was good I would probably grab em (tradebait!), but I wouldnt seek them out.

I like and own a bunch of his stuff. I am not a part of the whole "if its hyped, I wont wear it" crew. If I like it, and can cop it, I will. I know plenty of people are devoted fanbois, and plenty are proactive haters...I fall in the middle. I like some of his stuff, and some of his stuff is pure hype and imitation.

Let us start a discussion: What is one pair future or presently available that you are looking forward to? Collab or GR..

Really interested to see the grey 998 with the orange N and what the fall 2013 has to offer, word is that it'll be great

I posted before about the problems I had with my 998 Pebble Blues. Turns out that they no longer have my size (US8.5) in their stores anywhere, which really sucks for me. As an option they said I can hold on to my pair before I can decide if I want to return them. The Jcrew rep did say that they have some new colors coming out: "Phoenix Red" and "Mirdori Gray." Kind of intrigued as to what those look like, she didn't mention a model but I'm assuming that it's the 998. She said it's due to come out around July 10th. She said I can hold onto the Pebble Blues until those come out so I can see if I want to exchange them for one of those colors. Jcrew customer service is pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom