Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Was able to scoop these up luckily with no hassle nor waiting. Very lucky to have them.

How do the 998's fit compared to the 574/577/576? Or compared to an Air Max 1?

I think you guys have convinced me to try and grab a pair this weekend with all the praise for the comfort and quality 
runs just about the same. although I copped mine 1/2 size smaller... They felt tight when I first put them on, but they broke in like a glove.  Sizing is very similiar to the 996 or 999.  

-For anyone w/' doubts on sizing. The best tip I can give you is just go with the series number of the shoe, since they all fit nearly the same.. I realize it may not be 100% way to do things, but it is a great way to use rule of thumb.. For example, the 577 and 574 are both 5 - series shoes, the sizing is going to be near identical.  Same with 996 and 998 or 999.. So if you wear a 10.5 in the 996 and it's too big, then you can safely assume a size 10 in another 9 series shoe like the 999 or 998 will fit perfectly.   

Another big thing, is finding out where the shoe is made, as it may affect sizing.. Ie. China\ UK\ US NB's.   Best of luck!

Last edited:
why are u fools complaining about what a store charges?

also these arent some gr fire red grape jams.

jesus. it aint new balance turning into JB

its the JB sheep who waka flocked over to the runner side

the norse were 175 euros in europe, which is also pretty much...

so 200 dollar seems fair...only 149 euros at the moment ^^

but great pair of shoes...i dont regret paying that much! 

Based on past releases, anytime an international brand or store collaborates with New Balance (or even Asics), when the sneaker is sold in the U.S., it's usually priced higher compared to other NB or Asics collaborations with a U.S. company. Just look at the Chosen Few 1500 and Brick and Mortar Asics as recent examples.

Last edited:
anytime an international brand or store collaborates with New Balance (or even Asics), it's usually priced higher compared to other NB or Asics collaborations with a U.S. company.

I'm cool with $200 for the Norse 1500, as long as other boutiques get it.

just hope they're not all in-store only, otherwise..
tumblr_mtm0j3Cjxh1qee6wmo1_r1_400.gif

Never got a shipping confirmation, and my money was returned to my account. 
money hasn't been re-charged to my credit card but I received shipping confirmation from cncpts yesterday morning. tracking is still stuck at order processed since yesterday. Hope they actually get here...

C-Notes came in and I tell you what fellas, it doesn't disappoint! The materials/suede, shape, comfort is absolutely stunning...The color placements to make the c-note is perfect. If you get a chance to get these for retail, by all means its worth every penny. :smokin

I have a question about the 998 sole. I've noticed that the sole unit of the 998 sold by RRS is much thinner in the front than the "regular" 998 sole unit (which seems much thicker in the front) and was wondering why NB USA doesn't use the RRS sole unit on the other 998s they produce.

VS

or

(none of the pics are mine btw)

Anyone give me some sizing info on the revlite 996's. I'm usually a US9 but I have a pair of 577 in a 8.5 that are snug but fit. I'm trying to track down a pair of tomorrowland 996 but can only find a 8.5!

How do the 998's fit compared to the 574/577/576? Or compared to an Air Max 1?

I think you guys have convinced me to try and grab a pair this weekend with all the praise for the comfort and quality 

check my signature

I can't compare to airmax 1 but I think the 998s run a bit long but not long enough to go down 0.5 size

I went TTS on the 998. Same goes for air max 1s and 574s for me. I could probly go down 0.5 but I prefer having a little space. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the sizing help guys. I think I'll stick with an 11. My HYPRCAT's fit a little snug in the toebox, but a little loose in the heels.

Speaking of the HYPRCAT's...Gonna go take some pics. Hopefully upload em tonight.

Just in case anybody was curious what they looked like with some other laces. I was just looking through my kicks and thought the purple laces from the Hanon Onitsuka's might look alright. Not a perfect match, but I think it looks alright. Might switch it up once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom