Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'll say it: **** Ronnie Fieg.
Does he create some nice colorways? Yes. But I'm damn tired of his hyped up drops every month. His shoes aren't THAT dope that they require overnight lineups every single time. At this point, it really is all about the exclusiveness of owning a pair of his shoes. At first, it was cool because he wasn't saturating the market and let each pair kind of have its own story and life of its own. Now it seems they're just churning out whatever because they can and because they know the beasts will come out regardless.
Also, while I obviously don't know the guy, from what I've read and seen in videos, he comes off kinda pretentious.

He will keep doing it too. The whole idea behind his brand is to have something not everyone else can get. I'm not even going too hate on him for that, but the numbers they put out are a bit silly. They could easily double the amount of pairs released and still have the same effect. I think they're starting to alienate more customers than they please. It's cool to release 300 pairs of shoes 3 years ago when your customer base is super small, but as your brand grows, I don't see how that's smart. Not everyone is Pauly Hustle and can wait in line in New York City for a week. There has to be some sort of middle ground between 300 pairs, and having a shoe in Footlocker that people can agree on. It isn't even about the design of the shoe at this point. People are going to buy it no matter what and I don't see how that's what any designer would want. I'm just glad that New Balance puts premium materials on a lot of their GR products, and their design team puts out great colorways that are easily obtainable. I wish I could say the same for Asics. I'm just a big fan of nice leather, suede, and nubuck on shoes and you can't get this from Asics unless it's a collaboration. I really wish they would start dropping some premium releases and think out side the box when it comes to color and material placement.

Dope Kawasaki 993s! I think I ordered mine a few days after you guys so hopefully they should be here soon...

As for the Salmon Soles, they are nice, but nothing I'd go crazy for. I do agree with the user that posted these would sit/progressively sell if they were sold at J. Crew though. That's not a bad thing as I have 2-3 NBs from there, but they wouldn't have garnered so much attention if it hadn't been for that 'RF' stamp of approval. Hopefully, he's planning on coming-up with better colorways as the last few have been so-so in my opinion...

ya my initial order was canceled so i had to reorder my pair. i think im getting mine from the same guy as you Nowitzness. hopefully mine should be here any day since i think i placed my second order a day after yours...:nerd:

Kawasaki's came in from the UK today, they look great in person, very comfortable too. Sucks that the guy shipped them in nothing but a post office plastic bag
mean.gif
but they got here alright
where did you find these. I've been trying to find a sz 13 for my nephew everywhere but no luck

Wonder how reliable Kith's site is with these releases. Really want these, any word of a size breakdown of availability?

Wonder how reliable Kith's site is with these releases. Really want these, any word of a size breakdown of availability?
As some have said their online releases of limited kicks is near impossible to get thru. I've only tried once when they released the neptune asics a month or two ago and it was horrible. Worse than any other site I've tried to order online...but good luck!!!

Anywhere else releasing the UNDFTD x Colette 580s & 1500s? I thought I saw on the 13th as well? All this Ronnie Fieg talk has me lost.

I got mine in but I need 1/2 size smaller. They're incredible in person though.

sneakersnstuff said they will have undftds and west online 15th if they dont sell out in store on 13th

What U.S. retailers will be releasing the UCLA Pack online on 10/13? I know my local spot (Burn Rubber) will have the West NYC, but i'm not sure if they're getting the UCLA Pack... Anyone know?

can one of yall new balance heads help me...my moms wear an 8 in womens and i wanna get the the New Balance 574 but they only have men sizes in that color...what sz should i get her?

One of my good buddies knows Ronnie well, and says hes an arrogant *** hole. I have had many arguments on twitter with Ronnie about this very exact thing (how his shoes are all hype and mostly GR-looking). He blocked me a while ago after I basically clowned him and like 4-5 of his followers agreed with me. Long story short, the dude is a clown and at some point the hype will die down and his shoes will become things of the past. Nothing he has made is timeless. 

One of my good buddies knows Ronnie well, and says hes an arrogant *** hole. I have had many arguments on twitter with Ronnie about this very exact thing (how his shoes are all hype and mostly GR-looking). He blocked me a while ago after I basically clowned him and like 4-5 of his followers agreed with me. Long story short, the dude is a clown and at some point the hype will die down and his shoes will become things of the past. Nothing he has made is timeless. 
i was reading this up to the first comma and thought this is gonna be the first good thing ive heard bout the guy. then i read on, and it was more along the lines of everything ive ever read about the guy

I have also heard things about him from a few people from NY... I don't pass judgement based on what others say though... I enjoy what he drops for the most part. He has grinded hard and is trying to grow his personal brand. Usually, when you are all about your business, you will rub a few people the wrong way..

I like the navy on the shoe but the light blue logo kills it for me, I agree with the hype on some of the most basic releases, I'd rather take my talents to their 574 ID program than to camp or E-camp for shoes on a crappy server. As far as the guys personality, doesn't make me feel a way, we are not forced to buy. Of the recent releases I have to say the West pair takes the cake, I have a pair and am anxious for a double. Its just one of those shoes that pop up once in a long while that is instantly great.

That's what makes me want the West joints so much! They are an instant classic. I hope I luck up this weekend.

As far as Kith's servers... They have never crashed or anything on me. I have gotten 4 of 5 of the last things I have tried for. You have to be fast and mistake free. Any mistake and you can kiss your kicks goodbye.

Yeah, I wore my westnyc's yesterday, something about the perforated insoles but they were extremely comfortable and the toe box was great. This weekend will truly be interesting for those westnycs

Last edited:
As some have said their online releases of limited kicks is near impossible to get thru. I've only tried once when they released the neptune asics a month or two ago and it was horrible. Worse than any other site I've tried to order online...but good luck!!!

If you have patience and don't give up easily like I do, you just might get lucky on the release. Good luck to all trying to cop those.

If you have patience and don't give up easily like I do, you just might get lucky on the release. Good luck to all trying to cop those.
Yeh I've only tried on kith's one time so it may have just been a one time occurrence. It was really frustrating though cause it wouldn't allow me to put any size into my cart at all and then when I would hit the refresh the sizes were selling out little by little. There was no crash just an inability to add anything to my cart. We will see tomorrow how it goes. Like I said, not too concerned either way, more interested in trying to secure a pair of West NYC in 9.5...or two 
smokin.gif

i dont really camp for sneakers but i dont mind how KITH did it with the list so you dont have to camp. makes things easy. so i dont complain. hope to get my size, im #25 i beleive on the list.

Back
Top Bottom