Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Crooked Tongues is supposed to be release the West NYCs tonight online.

Last edited:
I really wish websites would randomly release hyped shoes.  When you give everyone the heads up via Twitter, FB, etc., all it does is create web traffic gridlock.  I mean, it isn't like if you don't broadcast a release time that they're not going to sell out anyways.    

Getting an order through on these websites is such a crapshoot---at least give us the chance to really get lucky and score a pair by randomly checking a site at some time during the day/night.  Like I'd be less frustrated if I completely missed the drop, as opposed to playing the refreshing/add to cart/cart is empty/size sold out game that happens now.  

Twitter was the worst thing to happen to sneakers, IMO.  Yeah, I'm looking at you Kicksdeals lol.  Steady blowing up spots!    

Nevermind, they put up two sizes and they sold out before I could even get my cart to load. The site is terribly slow always.
I noticed that too about the sizes, only had a 9.5 and an 8.  Did the rest sell out or was that all they had?

i'll trade my 9.5 or 10 West MT 580 for either hanon 1500 or ball and buck 574..lmk guys.
west nycs are nowhere close to ball and buck level. lol. west 580s are still being released in small batches while ball and bucks were set at 176. no more, no less. I can see trading for hanons though. I'd trade my west and undefeated 580s plus cash for ball and bucks.

Last edited:
I noticed that too about the sizes, only had a 9.5 and an 8.  Did the rest sell out or was that all they had?
I am assuming that is all they had. They posted on twitter that they had 12 pairs but didn't specify what sizes.

Twitter was the worst thing to happen to sneakers, IMO.  Yeah, I'm looking at you Kicksdeals lol.  Steady blowing up spots!    
[/quote]
Couldn't agree more

I really wish websites would randomly release hyped shoes.  When you give everyone the heads up via Twitter, FB, etc., all it does is create web traffic gridlock.  I mean, it isn't like if you don't broadcast a release time that they're not going to sell out anyways.    

Getting an order through on these websites is such a crapshoot---at least give us the chance to really get lucky and score a pair by randomly checking a site at some time during the day/night.  Like I'd be less frustrated if I completely missed the drop, as opposed to playing the refreshing/add to cart/cart is empty/size sold out game that happens now.  

spot on quote of the year

I like the RF Salmon Soles.. BUT I really want to get my hands on the West NYC joints.. They are one of the best looking shoes I have ever seen period. I'm basically done with JB besides some AJ1s.. NB has been doing great this year.
Yeah same here, im done with JB. Quality is garbage. There are just so many other shoes out there that are great looking and superior in quality like New Balance. They have really been on point lately. Great job NB!!

LONG SHOT- Anyone have a line on the West NYC in a size 10-11, preferably 10.5. Or looking to get rid of a pair of their for fair prices or trade. 

^Also agree with the statement above about the West NYCs being no where near the Ball and Bucks

west nycs are nowhere close to ball and buck level. lol. west 580s are still being released in small batches while ball and bucks were set at 176. no more, no less. I can see trading for hanons though. I'd trade my west and undefeated 580s plus cash for ball and bucks.
Ball and bucks are literally 574 customs with camo on the toebox and side. I dont see what all the fuss is about. Is a small piece of camo that dope? Ehh I just dont see it. If you look @ the ball and buck boxes they say 574M1 (the code for NB customs) 

Ball and bucks are literally 574 customs with camo on the toebox and side. I dont see what all the fuss is about. Is a small piece of camo that dope? Ehh I just dont see it. If you look @ the ball and buck boxes they say 574M1 (the code for NB customs) 
who said they weren't customs? there's a whole gq video of the whole process clearly explaining just that. I'm in love with the whole simplistic approach and those hits of their signature camo print set them off. maybe not to you, but to me they were one of the cleanest and best collabs of the year regardless of exclusivity so please, go through the process of ordering a custom and then deconstructing it to add the camo as well as correct orange heel tab and I'll gladly pay you as I'm quite salty I struck out. regardless, there's a lot of great collabs that can basically be customs w a few tweaks. the code is us574m1 btw.

Last edited:

The exclusiveness is not what i'm after.

If the roles were reversed you'd say the same and more about how ball and bucks are not on the West Mt 580s level.

Just like the shoe for the shoe. Not for the amount that was produced.

Last edited:

The exclusiveness is not what i'm after.

If the roles were reversed you'd say the same and more about how ball and bucks are not on the West Mt 580s level.

Just like the shoe for the shoe. Not for the amount that was produced.
actually, its for both reasons if you read my post directly above yours. I think the west nyc s are okay, but factoring in the concept and limited value of th ball and bucks, they just don't stack up either way you look at. whether its for the look or number produced imo. its a green and purple shoe with sprinkles. I bought them purely for trade bait and th amount of pms is clear. I just reply with the same message that im looking for a simpler shoein the seals.

Any word on if the West NYC's will have a restock?
I doubt it, don't fret, there will be places that will get them here and there, just keep looking at boutiques. I agree that twitter worsens the experience but it's help me find shoes and etc that I've wanted, hadn't it been for instagram, I would be westnyc x nb-less.

Just curious, the Sneaker Freaker 998s havent reelased yet have they? Because I got this in an email from hanon a little over a week ago...

Back
Top Bottom