Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

got a response from NB and they've offered me a new pair from their current web store stock. faith is restored, but i'll definitely be treading lightly or potentially avoiding the 999's from here on out. Made in USA all the way for this guy.
You didn't buy them directly from NB I imagine?  That would make it even better that they'd cover it even if it wasn't bought directly from them.  I feel like Jordan Brand or Nike would ignore you or tell you to screw off if you came to them with a quality issue on a shoe you bought from a 3rd party retailer.

Last edited:
Why are there so many diff style numbers?? Made in usa means exactly that statement??
style numbers = models, just like the hella different Nike names, NB just uses numbers and color codes instead

yes Made in USA, Made in England, Made in Taiwan / Other Asian Countries 

hi I'm pretty new to the new balance thread and this scene.
could we compile a listing of the shops worldwide that carry the limited editiion NB collabs ?
Or would that be too many to list ?

Hey guys, just came over from nike sb thread and heard you guys are pretty cool. Trying to learn about the new balance game. 
Welcome.

I suggest read back a few pages to get a general idea. if you still have questions just post it. 

yes, i have to say that the response i got restored some much needed faith from nb, their customer service is second to none.

...now combine nb's level of customer's service with zappos' level, and you just can't lose :pimp:

Why are there so many diff style numbers?? Made in usa means exactly that statement??
style numbers = models, just like the hella different Nike names, NB just uses numbers and color codes instead

yes Made in USA, Made in England, Made in Taiwan / Other Asian Countries 

I heard the style numbers used to refer to the approximate price of the shoe multiplied by ten (so the 1500 price = $150, 574=$60). Recently, they've changed the nomenclature system so that the names reflect the performance level and type of activity the shoe is designed for.

More here:
http://www.onlineshoes.com/blog/running/new-balance-unveils-new-numbering-system

Good looking out kevinzhang! And everyone who is new to this thread, welcome! Just like everyone said, take a look through the pages and you'll find most of your answers. Most people here are very helpful

Latest pickup and my first pair of 580's...

and just because...

Up late waiting for a CAD model to render, so I shot these in my photo studio. Can't wait to show off the final shots.

I heard the style numbers used to refer to the approximate price of the shoe multiplied by ten (so the 1500 price = $150, 574=$60). Recently, they've changed the nomenclature system so that the names reflect the performance level and type of activity the shoe is designed for.

More here:
http://www.onlineshoes.com/blog/running/new-balance-unveils-new-numbering-system
Wow that's pretty cool, I didn't know that, if it's true.

But for anyone asking about models, look back, maybe via the picture album for Dadbaths pictures on older models, they were specifically for running and still are (to an extent with those collabs) nevertheless welcome and feel free to ask any of us questions

Like stunna posted: there is the entire shoe list and a survey on how sizing goes that we did a couple months back, check my sig

pretty as always gtfan. to the new guys joining his thread, i suggest like mentioned earlier. read back the last 50 pages or so. youll find lists of places that carry nb (not just collabs/limited releases) and sizing info. most questions have been answered several times. if you still have questions, feel free to ask.

Peckle: good pickup and I envy your double up on the kennedys, I regret not buying both pairs from the guy that sold me one of them

GTFAN: wait until I get a good camera, gonna make 574s look amazing haha, architecture student? I'm assuming you might be using Inventor or Solidworks if working with CAD

Peckle: good pickup and I envy your double up on the kennedys, I regret not buying both pairs from the guy that sold me one of them

GTFAN: wait until I get a good camera, gonna make 574s look amazing haha, architecture student? I'm assuming you might be using Inventor or Solidworks if working with CAD
Industrial Design. SolidWorks. I hate it. I spend all last semester learning Rhinoceros, and this is the opposite.

How can you have been a member since 99 with 2000 posts and still not know how to give rep lol. Not flaming but thats kinda odd. You hit the little green thumb near the bottom of the post.

this new "rep" system has been on niketalk for all of a few months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom