Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Still fairly new to the NB scene...but are the 1300 JP's the type I need to cop upon release or will they end up on sale?

Pardon my ignorance, but could someone school me a little on the history of 1300JP2 and why it's so expensive and sought after?

Not bad, but I chose these instead.  The $117 delivered price was a factor.

The leather heel tab is a great touch.
the 998BT.  my first pair of NBs, and it single-handedly changed the way i looked at sneakers.  the whole rotation had to be replaced...

Speaking of JP2's.. my CL's that I picked up for $85 came in.. couldn't' be happier with 'em.

Still fairly new to the NB scene...but are the 1300 JP's the type I need to cop upon release or will they end up on sale?
tough to say. seems like a lot of places are getting them, including nb's own online store. the price is high, so i could see places having to put them on sale, especially in the larger sizes. maybe catch a place with a coupon code. hype on NB has grown too though, so no good way to gauge supply vs. demand. i probably would not have been happy with them for $300+. Even at $260 it's a bit meh. But then again i've seen what the prior versions were like so that is cause for a little bias.

March 28th 1300JP2 newbalance.com 300$.  what happened to 260$? shape looks off, what do you guys think ?
quality on a lot of recent NB has gone down as of late. was hoping these would get stricter quality control treatment. doesnt look like it. i predict a lot of inconsistency where some people get nicely done ones, a lot of average, and some horrible ones.

Pardon my ignorance, but could someone school me a little on the history of 1300JP2 and why it's so expensive and sought after?
it's expensive because it's an anniversary pair that uses better materials, most notably the vibram sole. og released in 85, and in 95 they put in extra attention to retro it properly (unlike the cheaper 1300CL that still gets retrod seemingly every year). after 95 they've done anniversary pairs every 5 years. in 2010 i bought mine from HUF for $200. some other places had them for $250. not sure what actual retail was. production numbers on them were probably much smaller, so that's probably all it is. they weren't instant sellouts, but i dont recall them hitting clearance either. once they are gone, the ones that wanted them were forced to pay the higher resale prices because no one knew for sure they'd be out again in 2015. just assumed at that point. retail in japan for them was pretty high due to the exchange rate at that time, maybe that contributed to the higher prices as well.

pic posted on my ig earlier https://instagram.com/jridin/

If you go a few pages back I asked this exact question and someone posted a link to a blog that explains all of it. Think it was vagrantsneaker blog

it's expensive because it's an anniversary pair that uses better materials, most notably the vibram sole. og released in 85, and in 95 they put in extra attention to retro it properly (unlike the cheaper 1300CL that still gets retrod seemingly every year). after 95 they've done anniversary pairs every 5 years. in 2010 i bought mine from HUF for $200. some other places had them for $250. not sure what actual retail was. production numbers on them were probably much smaller, so that's probably all it is. they weren't instant sellouts, but i dont recall them hitting clearance either. once they are gone, the ones that wanted them were forced to pay the higher resale prices because no one knew for sure they'd be out again in 2015. just assumed at that point. retail in japan for them was pretty high due to the exchange rate at that time, maybe that contributed to the higher prices as well.

Awesome info, thanks! Vibram sole on an NB sounds amazing.
If you go a few pages back I asked this exact question and someone posted a link to a blog that explains all of it. Think it was vagrantsneaker blog
Ah my bad, must've missed it. Sorry to clog the thread.

Found it:
They're on a 5 year schedule. Construction. Vibram outsole.
This is a pretty good comparison Vagrant Sneaker put together a few years ago that'll give you a breakdown.

http://vagrantsneaker.com/2010/10/21/size-up-new-balance-1300-jp-vs-cl-2010-retros/

KITH doesn't have "Sold Out" just "...only available in store" on their page for the 1500FPK any chance they actually have sizes left? Can any one confirm? I bought a pair but they're too small.

KITH doesn't have "Sold Out" just "...only available in store" on their page for the 1500FPK any chance they actually have sizes left? Can any one confirm? I bought a pair but they're too small.
I would just call the store and find out. Kith posts all their in-store releases on the website as "only available in store"

the 998BT was one of 2014's standouts, definitely cop if you have the chance esp if discounted.

Last edited:
@higuy
where'd you grab them ccfs though? canada?
Yup. We previously discussed it via pm. Holdin out on my size for a bigger discount, but securing the wife's size for $175 seemed like the smart move. Gotta love the strength of the us dollar right now.
The 996 997 actually were delivered via dhl last week, but i didnt bother picking them up. jp2 happened to show up today. Good timing to grab them all.

Last edited:
998BTs aren't bad, however, I'm not a huge fan of that shade of blue, and those laces are basura.

Yup. We previously discussed it via pm. Holdin out on my size for a bigger discount, but securing the wife's size for $175 seemed like the smart move. Gotta love the strength of the us dollar right now.
The 996 997 actually were delivered via dhl last week, but i didnt bother picking them up. jp2 happened to show up today. Good timing to grab them all.
forgive me :smile:  dang though, so that mean's they're shipping them out already?  this is tough...... lol.  i was wondering if you are really a 5.5 :D

Back
Top Bottom