Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

...this is the worst, most amazing news I've heard regarding sneakers in a long while. 
Perfect description 
roll.gif

And I agree with @APlus18  about the 998 GRs. 

NB still produces a ton of 574's. I doubt GR's will go away.

If anything they will create more unique 998 colorways that are different from the customization options.

What a great time for New Balance fans. This is really awesome news. I don't think they understand what they're getting themselves into. Us alone will produce demand for more jobs here in the US thanks to the 998 being available.

And I agree with @APlus18
 about the 998 GRs. 
NB still produces a ton of 574's. I doubt GR's will go away.
If anything they will create more unique 998 colorways that are different from the customization options.

If it turns out you're both correct, I will be very content, and NB will hurt all of our bank accounts in ways we can't yet grasp.

Walter..

996 customs also coming with the 998s. 990 and 993 are gonna be taken down next week

Also the same bird told me that 997 and 1400 are schedule for next year
Holy ****. 1400/997 are my two favorite models. This is gonna be ******* insane!

With that said- aside from the upcoming Concepts 4th of July rumored release- I don't think there will be too many future 998 collabs due to the general public having their own access.
Where's that coming from? Any leaked pics yet? Concepts knocked it out of the park with CNotes/Mints, I'd be interested in seeing what they do next.

Ronnie needs another Made in USA model. 

Damn, all this 998 talk has got me so hype!

Last edited:
With these custom 998s i heard you will be able to choose materials as well as colors? Can anyone confirm? I know that is not currently the case on NB.com but its something that would take it to the next level.

With these custom 998s i heard you will be able to choose materials as well as colors? Can anyone confirm? I know that is not currently the case on NB.com but its something that would take it to the next level.
errrr u could pick materials on nb customs

Can't confirm, but I'm hopeful! They definitely experimented with it, with the all-suede 990s, glow in the dark 574 soles, waterproof 574s, etc. More options available all the time would be sweet.

I was hoping for material options. Colors are cool but leather, suede, mesh options can make or break a solid custom. Hell give us a denim option like they had in the past :smile:

If I remember what @-Murkystilo-  told me correctly, materials will be an option but not everything will be available initially, probably similar to how the denim and waterproof suede options were handled previously

WE MADE IT YALLL!!!!! i almost cried this morning when i saw that screenshot....congrats to NB for being such a good company, great customer service and great quality shoes....can't wait to see everyone's 998 creations

Not that great of a deal considering jcrew has had these for years. A steal would be under $100 bucks
Ya it sucks ordering from Canada. Tax & duties for me was close to $40. So minus that I'd say it's pretty close to $100 and free shipping too. Those are sitting here for $195 CAD + 13% tax.

Back
Top Bottom