Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Another one where I just turned a Nike into a NB

Last edited:
Provider inspired. It stinks that there is no aruba option for the Mesh toe release and there is no black suede option on the Perf toe release or these would be perfect!
I also dont understand why the perf version exclude some color options. although i will say at least if all you want is black suede, it probably would be one of the easiest to dye. a problem if you needed to dye suede to match the aruba blue. but black, seems simple enough.

if you're waiting for extra options like leather, it'd probably be okay to wait. but if you're waiting for more colors like purples to show up, i wouldn't wait. the color palettes will likely change seasonally. they are calling these summer colors. all the old 574 color options are gone. the 993 still has the old palette, but probably because they have overstock since it was likely the least popular custom model. i imagine once they sell enough, the model will get axed and the previously mentioned 996 customs will replace it.

If you're going for the salmon toes it might be better to go with the 574. The base collar option is pretty clutch when making them. Also remeber the made in the USA 574 has a better shape than the common Asisn model. The picture dosen't do it justice in the creator. This was a custom based on the made in the USA 574 from a couple years ago. Not my pic. You can pretty much nail this doing a NB 574 custom now.

Last edited:
Made some Mowabb inspired ones but I'm gonna upgrade to the perforated toebox to order them. It's true, if you're on mobile it's extremely choppy.

hands down, straight fire :pimp: followed by the leatherback and tgwo night inspirations

Last edited:
If you're going for the salmon toes it might be better to go with the 574. The base collar option is pretty clutch when making them. Also remeber the made in the USA 574 has a better shape than the common Asisn model. The picture dosen't do it justice in the creator. This was a custom based on the made in the USA 574 from a couple years ago. Not my pic. You can pretty much nail this doing a NB 574 custom now.
Was thinking the exact same thing.  The Cosmic Blue is probably brighter (assuming the blue looks like the blue on the 998 Custom promo samples).  However, gum sole does tie the shoe together nicely.

Also, with the 574 base collar being independant now, had to try for a struggle 574 'FRA' -- too bad there's no tumbled white leather option:

Just curious, anyone here size a full size down from their regular Nike size (half down from your 997 size) for 998s?

I do this
998 8, 8.5 too loose
997 8.5 unless leather liner then I can do 8
Nikes and asics all 9

GRB for #officecarpetfriday

Edit: the coral color for the options, does anyone else see a little too orange in some of the promo pics? They are more salmon than orange right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom