Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I just want quality product but they are struggling to keep up with QC. Can’t even pump out GY classics. We may not even see US models by the end of this decade....

I hear you. I'm speaking to the fact that on the whole, the rise and popularity of streetwear and sneaker culture has long had its roots in hip-hop (among other subcultures). Ironically but not unsurprisingly, the ones who have profited the most from the reappropriation of streetwear and and sneaker culture have not been African-Americans but white folks (read: white males). I'm a huge fan of NB and therefore would love to see the brand branch out more and continue to do collabs with black designers, even if I don't necessarily jive with the brands or the designs themselves. That's why I'm glad they do stuff with DMV brands like eat. Call me politically correct or whatever, I just want to see more representation.
this is a good take. i've felt like NB collabs in 2019 were alright, but they didn't really break any new ground...aside from maybe the ALD collab, though even that felt like it was more for the high-fashion hypebeasts (based on the demo i see wearing ALD). it would be great to see NB do more collabs this year with smaller brands or shops... black or minority owned (e.g. Burn Rubber in Detroit, though it's been done before) would be a plus, since i think there's strong symbolism in being the last major sneaker brand that manufactures in the US and supporting small business owners in the states. if they pick three to five shops/designers, they can easily make a pack out of it.

@ NB exec team: holla at frank the butcher rivera for some more gems

I recalled there was a 998 and v3 bottom hybrid released, but these are fake?

i swear i was just looking at these like an hour ago on ebay trying to find something to use the coupon :lol:

most likely fake since they're located in china

About a month ago I purchased the Aries 991 and there was a manufacturing defect on them as some of the lace holes were not punched through. I contacted DSM and they were not offering anything other than 10% off my next purchase. I then decided to contact New Balance directly and they said they’d fix so I sent it to their Flimby factory (I’m based in the UK and the model is a made in the UK model). I have now received them back and they also sent some little extras to me.

Well here are the shoes on foot and the extras!

946AE198-310D-4CB9-8394-BAE495610BB2.jpeg
DDA111D6-50C2-4C42-9FCC-FD804F80844B.jpeg

any chance any more 993 colors get released? there were a ton not too long ago. all that's on NB's site is grey, blue , black. a non-997/990v5 NB1 would be great too

Back
Top Bottom