--- Official New England Patriots (6-2) vs. Indianapolis Colts (8-0) Thread --- SNF NBC 8:20 PM EST

i mean he's a football genius in his own right.... But that's a bad decision. people saying it's a good idea need to stop going against the grain just to do it. it's a stupid #%$@!@! call. end of story, i don't care who makes the call, it was dumb

Exactly, w/dat dumb call I lost dis week in Fantasy football to dat R. Wayne TD!!!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

I like the call to go for it. Didn't like the call to pass.

On 3rd and 2 you run the ball. Even if you don't get it you force Indy to use a timeout.

Props to belichic for having the balls to go 4 it on 4th. No matter what people say that was the right decision. No matter how much flack he gets for it.
It was 4th and 2 so if they don't get it...turnover and the clock is stopped. So no timeouts wasted by the Colts...
Originally Posted by GMSboy1

The thing about belicheck is that if he was in the same situation next week I'm sure he'd do the same.
I wouldn't want that to come up again
laugh.gif
...but I agree.
Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

the ultimate stomach punch game if youre a Pats fan....
Fam...my dumb %#* thought the game would be TIED with a TD...I was looking at these @$@@%! like "why are they celebrating for?"...then I saw the score...

Incredible.
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

this is more of the Pats straight choking than "Peyton being a legend"....and the Colts are my favorite team.
I disagree, I mean Peyton is going to finish as a top 5 of all time (maybe the greatest QB ever if he gets some more rings), and this was a truly memorable game. So yeah, this is one of the legendary games that will add to his legacy, regardless of if the Pats screwed up or not
Not taking ANYTHING away from Peyton but this isn't gonna add to his legacy...this will be talked about because of Bill's decision to go for it. That decided the game...

The burned TO's...the fumble by Maroney in the red zone...it's only fitting they lost.
tired.gif
how the %$!% you gonna be a yankees fan and a patriots fan?

seriously now....
laugh.gif

*sigh*...I gotta pull a ska one of these days and just lay it all out there in my sig...

living in MA after coming from NY a decade ago probably has something to do with it...

My thing is if you run for it on 3rd and 2 why not do the same on 4th and 2? Why burn all those timeouts too? I guess tonight really showed how Belichick feelsabout his defense.

the only thing i can think of to make sense of BB's mind is that he creates a play and expects everyone to do their job.... i don;t think he puts too muchinto percentages if the game is on the line with one play. it;s like going for a 3 when you're up 1 knowing you're gonna give kobe the ball with timeleft on the clock. you make the 3 and it;s over. i guess he was confident enough that they would make that play.

he was being cocky HAHA! under those circumstances there is absolutely no way should you go for it on 4th down and risk giving peyton the ball back on the 30not even if it was 4 and inches! YOURE ONLY UP BY 6 ARE YOU KIDDING ME? LOL dumb@#!@#

No need for that guy to have done that to that cameraman. COMPLETELY unnecessary. Paid thugs like that should not be allowed to step on the field. There'sjust no need for a coach to have his own security like that. Get police officers at the stadium to take care of that if at all. Dude's a just a footballcoach, not the president of some nation or something. Eff outta here

never seen sportscenter spend so much time on anything in my life. %*#% was a 20 minutes segment. this whole game made my night

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

That was probably the best regular season game I've ever seen.
Have you forgotten MNF vs Tampa Bay? Although this game was against the Pats.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yo I swear I was thinking about that game as this one tonight was unfolding...

I remember that game like it was yesterday....just can't find any clips of it which is a damn shame

Belichick's "HAI" @ 0:16 made me chuckle.

And to me, this was far from a great game. No offense to anyone who feels it is... But to me, see-saw battles with crisp execution, great plays, and a closescore THROUGH-OUT >>>>>> a game where one team is dominating for the majority and allows the other team to creep back due to shoddydefense/questionable play-calling.

Don't get me wrong, this was still an entertaining game though.

Originally Posted by DubA169

never seen sportscenter spend so much time on anything in my life. %*#% was a 20 minutes segment. this whole game made my night
SC just showed the highlight... twice
eek.gif

And had the same analytical breakdown.. twice
eek.gif

Just when I thought ESPN couldn't get any worse
roll.gif

yeah i just saw that, i thought i pressed rewind by accident. mad funny, especially cuz their headquarters are in mass

i feel bad for teh bengals. nobody is gonna mention them tomorrow
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom