Official New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers 1/15 NFC Divisional Round

How are people saying Green Bay by 17?

Did you watch the last game? Green Bay, to me has regressed since then, while the Giants have improved significantly. Giants lose by a fg that game.

Both teams have potent passing game, but the difference? Giants are establishing their run game at the most important time of the season. This will let them sustain long drives and keep the Packers offense on the sidelines and the Giants defense on the sidelines rested.

This is going to be a fun game to watch.

Lower endzone tickets are like $180...
pimp.gif

Plane Tickets to GB are $1200. 
alien.gif

I think the Packers will win but I think its funny how Packers fans think their team is unstoppable and Rodgers is by far the best QB in the league
laugh.gif

Detroit put up 41 against that bum defense the other week. How many will Eli put up?

Im basically expecting the worst (Pack win) and hoping for the best (NYG win).

Mannnn relax with the Detroit score...
laugh.gif
It was a track meet.  Detroit had 15 possessions.
roll.gif
Matthews and Woodson were wearing hoodies on the sideline.

Pass rush brought to you by Brad Jones and Erik Walden.
laugh.gif

The defense is going to be as healthy as its been since Nick Collins went out for the year in like week 3.  I'm not worried about Eli putting up 41 points.  And if he does, its not as if Rodgers and Co. with Greg Jennings back and Starks ready to get back on it for the running game can score 40+ too.

Quick stat

Eli's career numbers <40 degrees
51.9% 20 Tds 20 Ints

Rodgers' career numbers <40 degrees
64.8% 35 Tds 9 Ints

And yes I remember 2007.
laugh.gif
Watched it last night in fact.... Brent.
30t6p3b.gif

I don't think we are unstoppable. But we should feel we are the better team. Now could we lose? Of course we could. But we should feel good about winning the game. that's all.

Originally Posted by NooEra

I think the Packers will win but I think its funny how Packers fans think their team is unstoppable and Rodgers is by far the best QB in the league
laugh.gif

Detroit put up 41 against that bum defense the other week. How many will Eli put up?

but he is

Originally Posted by NooEra

laugh.gif

You are putting a lot of stock into a game in which the Packers defense wasn't playing three key starters and a lot of back ups. Why you do you hate Eli because he punked the Pats the last two times? Why do you hate Rodgers? Because he takes headlines away from Brady? I don't get why the a large portion of ST can't appreciate great players and choose to hate them for petty reasons.

Updated: January 10, 2012, 12:30 PM ET

[h1]Body of Packers assistant's son found[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

OSHKOSH, Wis. -- Divers have recovered the body of the Green Bay Packers' offensive coordinator's son from an icy Wisconsin River, but police said Tuesday they do not suspect foul play.

Michael Philbin, 21, disappeared at about 2 a.m. Sunday after an outing with friends in the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh campus area, about 50 miles from Green Bay.

Police had been searching the Fox River since Sunday evening, after a security guard reported hearing cries for help from someone on the ice. Divers found his body near the campus on Monday. He is the son of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin.

An autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday. Results are not expected for at least a month. Oshkosh Police Chief Scott Greuel said Tuesday they suspect no foul play.

Grueul said they delayed releasing Philbin's identity out of respect for his family's privacy and because there's no threat to public safety. Greuel declined to release any details of how Philbin became separated from his friends, saying the investigating continues.

The Packers asked that the Philbin's family's privacy be respected.

"The Packers family was saddened to learn of the passing of Michael Philbin, son of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin," general manager Ted Thompson said Tuesday in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with Joe, his wife, Diane, and the Philbin family as they cope with their loss. This is an emotional and difficult time for them, and we ask that everyone respect their privacy. All of us in the Packers family share in their grief."

Packers coach Mike McCarthy addressed the situation during his regular news conference Monday afternoon.

"The Philbin family is obviously going through a tough time right now, and as we always have, we're a family-first philosophy with our organization, with our program," McCarthy said.

News of Michael Philbin's disappearance has made for difficult days in Green Bay, where the Packers are preparing for Sunday's NFC divisional playoff game against the New York Giants at Lambeau Field.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

tired.gif

Antrell must have been at a different game because during the regular season we had Rodgers locked down, but Brees???....heeellllll no, dude put up Madden numbers against us, made us look like a bunch of high school kids....I rather face Rodgers or any other QB than Brees....rooting for the 9ers this weekend.

That quote was from after the Packers vs Cardinals playoff game... I just post it whenever we play the Giants. Dug up the 2010 thread and read through it... last 3 pages were comedy, Bears fans talking wreckless like we weren't about to get in their #$! twice.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm seeing PLENTY of dumb$^& comments by Giants' fans in this thread.....but I digress.

LOL @ the constant comparisons to the '07 NFCCG. Different year, way different teams. I mean, no one wants to talk about the Giants coming to Lambeau just last year and getting mollywhopped?

I've never seen so much disregard for a 15-1 team playing at home....

...then again, the Giants are the 'hot' team right now. I can't wait for Sunday.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I'm seeing PLENTY of dumb$^& comments by Giants' fans in this thread.....but I digress.

LOL @ the constant comparisons to the '07 NFCCG. Different year, way different teams. I mean, no one wants to talk about the Giants coming to Lambeau just last year and getting mollywhopped?

...then again, the Giants are the 'hot' team right now. I can't wait for Sunday.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This. The media and fans are riding the Saints and Giants hard right now as if the Packers are in a slump or something. They have won their last 21 out of 22 games. The Giants are hot but who have they really beat? The Jets, Cowboys, and Falcons all at home. All of those teams were pretenders. Now they are going to go into Lambeau Field and dominate the Packers?

Im still finding it hilarious that dudes are saying Rodgers is not the best QB in the NFL. I simply dont understand how he can be considered the best QB in the game alllll year, and then after 2 weeks of rest everyones memory of his season has been completely erased 
roll.gif

after winning 20 games in a row and going 15-1 on the year I would never have thought the Packers would be over looked again. Seriously, you guys amaze me.

it can be a close game but i don't expect the giants to win.

this isn't jets patriots from last year.

i expect a packers 49ers nfc title game come next sunday.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Im still finding it hilarious that dudes are saying Rodgers is not the best QB in the NFL. I simply dont understand how he can be considered the best QB in the game alllll year, and then after 2 weeks of rest everyones memory of his season has been completely erased 
roll.gif

after winning 20 games in a row and going 15-1 on the year I would never have thought the Packers would be over looked again. Seriously, you guys amaze me.
Rodgers is the best this season IMO. Giants still gonna win. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by epox12

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This. The media and fans are riding the Saints and Giants hard right now as if the Packers are in a slump or something. They have won their last 21 out of 22 games. The Giants are hot but who have they really beat? The Jets, Cowboys, and Falcons all at home. All of those teams were pretenders. Now they are going to go into Lambeau Field and dominate the Packers?

We all know who really won the regular season game....let's be serious.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Packers. Was it someone else? Please enlighten us. *brings out and sets up fold out chair*

Originally Posted by ksteezy

The Packers. Was it someone else? Please enlighten us. *brings out and sets up fold out chair*
IDK why dude keeps saying the GMen won that game
laugh.gif

Did the GMen leave too much time on the clock and make the mistake of not running the ball? Sure, but Godgers still had to drive 80 yards down the field in 55 seconds which he did rather easily.

....and nobody is discrediting the Packers bruh (esp the media), would it really be THAT HARD to believe the Giants can possibly win this game considering how everything has been clicking lately? I know I wouldn't be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom