Official New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers 1/15 NFC Divisional Round

120110-painting-lambeau-field-bobber-12--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

Dat grass...

The field at lambeau holds up so much better than field around the league. It's amazing how the bears always have a junk field but the packers can produce a better field in not that much different of a climate.

There's way too much EXTRA in here, this isn't 07. We're the toughest team that GB will face at home. IF the Saints go there, they'll lay a massive egg. 49ers could be a problem at GB but all year, we're the team you don't want to face. Doesn't mean we're going to win. I respect Rodgers and is one of my favorite football players to watch BUT the Packers didn't look that good the last few weeks. I don't know what happened, they went from looking untouchable to a cold Saints team. With that said, I'm mad excited about this game.

Packers had an injured O-Line and looked very vulnerable vs Kansas City, but they should have all of their guys back so it will be very difficult.

On a side note, I see round trip flights from Laguardia airport to Chicago for $200-sih range, tickets in the 100-200 range......might consider doing that and renting a car to drive afterwards.
My bro is a huge Clay fan so he will want to go just to troll.

I'm torn, I love seeing the Giants do well and be in the playoffs... but that means ksteezy is in S&T.

anyone familiar with train or bus services from Chicago to Green Bay? I see there is no train service that stops directly at Green Bay and leaves you about 15 miles away? Would prefer bus in that case.

Really trying to make this happen right now.

Just cop a Packers snap back and hitch hike from the Train Station Mez... Those Wisconsinites trust anyone rocking Green and Yellow.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Flights from NYC to Chi are pretty cheap (200 round trip), so I would have to find a way to get to Green Bay from there.

I read that the trains from Chi to GB leaves you about 15-20 miles away, so I think bus would be a better route.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

anyone familiar with train or bus services from Chicago to Green Bay? I see there is no train service that stops directly at Green Bay and leaves you about 15 miles away? Would prefer bus in that case.

Really trying to make this happen right now.
I have taken the bus a few times when I was little from Milwaukee to Packer games but never from Chicago. If your coming from Chicago the only thing I can think of is taking the amtrak from Chicago to Milwaukee then take the bus from Milwaukee directly to Lambeau.
http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak here's a link to a train from Chicago to Milwaukee. Just change up your date and time.

and heres a link to a bus from Milwaukee to Greenbay. This bus is specifically for getting to Packer games. http://nfcdivision2.bowlbus.com/

and by the looks of it that bus picks you up exactly where the train drops you off which couldnt be any more convenient. 65 dollars round trip for the bus sounds like a good deal. Although you WILL have to take it round trip. There will be ZERO chance you can stay in Green Bay seeing that every hotel within a 30 mile radius will be booked. And if you do somehow find one with a miracle they make you stay for like 3 days.

If you do find a bus or a train that takes you directly from Chicago to Green Bay I would do that. Ive just never done it from Chicago before so im not as familiar.

But if you take that bus from Milwaukee it looks like the it drops you off 3 hours before the game which gives you a good amount of time to F around. Make sure to walk around and check everything out and keep in mind Lambeau is literally in a neighborhood. You will be able to go in peoples back yards pay an entrance fee, eat and drink as much as you want, with bands playing on stages in the yard...while Lambeaus parking lot is on the other side of the 4 foot fence. Definitely hit up the Packers Pro shop as well which should be on the North side of the stadium. This is all if you do end up going of course. You don't need to do it this way with the links I gave im just throwing it out there.

Thanks for the info....flights to Chicago and tickets to the game are extremely reasonable, but the bus and/or car rentals can be just as pricey.

In terms of hotel I was thinking of taking the flight Sat, enjoy Chi for a night and spending the night there, and bus ride to and from on Sunday.

God I want to go
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info....flights to Chicago and tickets to the game are extremely reasonable, but the bus and/or car rentals can be just as pricey.

In terms of hotel I was thinking of taking the flight Sat, enjoy Chi for a night and spending the night there, and bus ride to and from on Sunday.

God I want to go
laugh.gif
U just hadd post 29000...It's a sign that you must go to the game.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

God I want to go
laugh.gif
Good luck. By the way, supposedly there were going to be a snow storm yesterday but only a long day of light snow and it's going to be two more days of it. Gameday should be fine. There ain't much to do here in titletown (this place sucks), besides the game. But staying in GB should be cheaper than Milwaukee or Chicago. The only problem you might face is the arrival and departure times of the buses and train because they might not fit your schedule. My garage is always open if you're looking for a free place to stay 
laugh.gif

Not going to make prediction, but I see psi having a huge game, mind you he was out for the first matchup. One of my worries is that GB may true to slow the pass rush my killing us with quick slants and short passes. I think its important that we mix in alot of man.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

What's Bachegalup Jones' status for the game? Is he still day-to-day?
Lou from Staten Island confirmed: abubub a bub.....a buhbuhbuh

On a side note:

495223132.jpg

495190929.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

The field at lambeau holds up so much better than field around the league. It's amazing how the bears always have a junk field but the packers can produce a better field in not that much different of a climate.
the stadium is city own that's why they don't give a F%&# about the field.

Back
Top Bottom