OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Also not a big fan of Cassie, but she's looking quite hot in that picture. Kinda funny how she's leaning away from him.
Kinda funny how he looks like a complete goof.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Duhon to the Knicks makes absolutely no sense...I want no part of him on this team.

Outside of him being from Duke, I can't name any single reason why I wouldn't want him on this team as a back up point guard? Do you just not likehim as a starter or as a fit at all on this team?

^Wel both..I dont think Duhon is a starter...he is a solid backup and I thik Nate pved he can backup pretty well. I also do not think he fits the team or iswhat we need right now. We shouldn't just sign a FA just to sign one this summer....not makin any signings at all may be the right move.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

^Wel both..I dont think Duhon is a starter...he is a solid backup and I thik Nate pved he can backup pretty well. I also do not think he fits the team or is what we need right now. We shouldn't just sign a FA just to sign one this summer....not makin any signings at all may be the right move.

I agree with you, but Walsh could be trying to sign Duhon in order to move Z-bo or Curry. If we do sign Duhon, without a doubt in my mind, I would thinkNate is being packaged with either Curry or Z-bo. And in that case, I am willing to let Nate go in order to move one or both of those fat bastards.

^If that is the plan then I would be for it too. I could live with that....if signing Duhon meant getting rid of Curry or Randolph then I would do that ni aheartbeat.

so who's going to watch Hancock this weekend?

laugh.gif
random question, yes i know

You looking for somebody to go see it with?
grin.gif

I love super hero movies, but this one in particular just looks weird. Probably because I have no background(if there is any) on Hancock and it seems like aweird role for Will Smith.

Nate is only useful as a spark off the bench. And since we're not a good team, having that type of player isn't gona matter.

Might as well move him too.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I mean it's still the Garden and the Knicks.

And then...it's well, the Nets.

I can't see his relationship with Jay Z being THAT strong to chose the Nets over the Knicks.

He's a fan of D'Antoni too, If I'm not mistaken. And that style of play favors his game.

FlatbushFiyah23 has a story further going into detail concerning how strong his relationship with Jay actually is.
smh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

so who's going to watch Hancock this weekend?

laugh.gif
random question, yes i know

i think i might check it out. i just saw wanted the other day. it was
pimp.gif

Anyway wats up with this dude duhon wanting the full MLE??????????????????

duhon says he wants all or a majority of the MLE

unless nate is a key piece in the deal w/ one of the phat girlz, let him be the backup, and let steph run his course

rumor is that knicks are intrested in Monta, but wont take action unless Mullin gives a sign that he wnats to part away from Monta cause of Walsh's andMullin's personal friendship

I really really DOUBT we can get Monta. I mean what pieces can we give them in a sign and trade?

And if Duhon wants the full MLE, I say we should look elsewhere, theres plenty of other veteran PGs out there. We should also let Steph have a crack at runningthis team for a full season and let his contract come off the books next year. I mean it wouldnt hurt right? Who knows, Steph can turn back into that 18 and 8player again

Yo my dude I just came back from seeing Hancock and let me tell you it was a great movie, and maybe a little too short. Kinda sad too though. Hancock FFTW

Yea im kinda torn on Monta as a Knick...he will murder in D'antoni's system but he's not great at moving the ball and he doesn't have adefensive mindset all the time (although he can be a great defender if he puts his mind to it)...I would rather get a 6'4"/5", Mayo type guard,that is lethal on the offense but can run a team *cough* Lance *cough*. IMO Nate can do pretty much anything Eliis can do on the court.

Monta would be crazy entertaining and fit right into our new offensive scheme though....but is he worth the money and is he our PG of the future?

He's more of a quick fix than anything. There are going to be alot of good guards coming out of college in the next few seasons. We should probably justgive Steph and Nate a chance unless we can get a real point.

I still can't believe we passed on Bayless and Augustin tho. Even Gordon is pretty much guaranteed to be a good player with a lot of future trade value.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

i like both monta and jamal...but both of them in the same back court? nobody would pass the ball

Monta knows how to defer to his teammates and when to take his shots. He was 3rd on the team in FGA last year. He is extremely smart with his shotselection.

I would welcome the Monta signing. The only thing that needs to happen soon is unloading the Natural Disaster's contracts...

clearly he wasn't the focal point of the offense in GS...and i think he only deferred because bdiddy was running the point

monta is a longshot at best...my only knock on him is his inability to shoot the 3 which seems to be a prerequisite in d'antoni's offense

Back
Top Bottom