OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I mean it's still the Garden and the Knicks.

And then...it's well, the Nets.

I can't see his relationship with Jay Z being THAT strong to chose the Nets over the Knicks.

He's a fan of D'Antoni too, If I'm not mistaken. And that style of play favors his game.

FlatbushFiyah23 has a story further going into detail concerning how strong his relationship with Jay actually is.
smh.gif
frown.gif
LOL I know you are still shaking your head over that story. I will share....however Lebron shut down the theory that his relationship with Jay wouldlure him to NY multiple times on Monday.

Anyways the last game we played against Cleveland when Lebron dropped 50 as so many of you painfully remember. I was running up to the media room beforeIsiahs 3 minute press conference to grab some equipment. On my way back up I end up chatting with Spike while waiting for the elevator who was disgusted withthe Knicks (of course). Then Fab rolls up....we enter the elevator and Jay comes in and starts bragging to Spike about how Lebron dropped 50 on the Knicks. He said "You see my boy tonight?!" Spike just shook his head LOL! It was crazy being in the elevator with those three but as you can see whynycknicks is disgruntled the relationship between Jay and Lebron is obviously tight....is it that tight that we should worry he has no shot of coming toKnicks...idk. I still think there is a good shot Lebron could be playing 41 games at the Garden.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I mean it's still the Garden and the Knicks.

And then...it's well, the Nets.

I can't see his relationship with Jay Z being THAT strong to chose the Nets over the Knicks.

He's a fan of D'Antoni too, If I'm not mistaken. And that style of play favors his game.

FlatbushFiyah23 has a story further going into detail concerning how strong his relationship with Jay actually is.
smh.gif
frown.gif
LOL I know you are still shaking your head over that story. I will share....however Lebron shut down the theory that his relationship with Jay would lure him to NY multiple times on Monday.

Anyways the last game we played against Cleveland when Lebron dropped 50 as so many of you painfully remember. I was running up to the media room before Isiahs 3 minute press conference to grab some equipment. On my way back up I end up chatting with Spike while waiting for the elevator who was disgusted with the Knicks (of course). Then Fab rolls up....we enter the elevator and Jay comes in and starts bragging to Spike about how Lebron dropped 50 on the Knicks. He said "You see my boy tonight?!" Spike just shook his head LOL! It was crazy being in the elevator with those three but as you can see why nycknicks is disgruntled the relationship between Jay and Lebron is obviously tight....is it that tight that we should worry he has no shot of coming to Knicks...idk. I still think there is a good shot Lebron could be playing 41 games at the Garden.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

In the presence of greatness...

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

clearly he wasn't the focal point of the offense in GS...and i think he only deferred because bdiddy was running the point

monta is a longshot at best...my only knock on him is his inability to shoot the 3 which seems to be a prerequisite in d'antoni's offense

I watched a good amount of Warrior games and if he needed to takeover he did. He has gotten extremely smart with his shot selection. It had less to with himnot being the focal point (and he pretty much the focal point on the back end of the season) and more about him knowing which shots he should and can make.

But agreed he is pretty much a long shot to be a Knick.

^I agree Monta would be a long shot but I would love him on the team. Great points about his shot selection and intelligence!

SportingNews.com: Knicks, Chris Duhon agree to 2-year deal

Knicks, Chris Duhon agree to 2-year deal

Posted: July 4, 2008
Sean Deveney
Sporting News
After four years with the Bulls, point guard Chris Duhon is moving on, verbally agreeing to a deal with the Knicks, according to Duhon and his agent, Kevin Bradbury.

Bradbury could not comment on the terms of the deal. But a source said it was a major commitment on the part of the Knicks -- a two-year deal starting at the full mid-level exception. The value of the mid-level exception will be announced on July 9 (when contracts can officially be signed) but it's expected to be about $5.8 million, making Duhon's total contract worth around $12 million.
"I am just excited, I am ready to get to work for the Knicks," Duhon said. "It's a big stage, playing in New York. It's something every player in the NBA wants."

Click to read the full story

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Cool.

I'm not mad at that deal at all.

Word. I think Duhon could be our backup PG of the future but we have the chance to dump him if things aren't working out. Smart move IMO.

Now we need to look towards shedding one or two of our big contract bums. I would personally love to see Nate and Dave stay with us for years to come...but ifwe have to package one to get rid of Curry or Z-Bo then so be it. Personally i'd rather see Boseph bounce than Curry .

And I think Nate is going to be a hell of a player for some time to come. He was the spark behind almost all our of Ws last season and he looked absolutelybrilliant in the PG role at points last year (especially Summer league and after the All-Star break). It'll be interesting to see him develop under Mike.

welcome chris duhon
pimp.gif
, good move donnie. this is only the beginning next its time to shed some contracts aka zbo

Yeah guys this move is not horrible but I think it means nothing if we dont get rid of one of our fat players with fat contracts.

^the summer isnt over yet so there is def gonna be more moves and i do agree with some of you are saying that it might have to be nate or dlee in a package toget rid of zbo.

Monta can't run the point, so it'd be pointless to just have a scorer.

that was basically the point i was trying to make when i said i didnt know how an ellis + crawford back court would work out.

glad to see we locked up duhon...sure we over paid a bit...but its a short term deal so i can't really be mad. i would look for duhon to back up stephand for nate to be packaged and sent away. ive read from a few sources that steph has been guaranteed to be at training camp so i wouldn't expect anythingto happen with him...smart move by walsh

duhon as steph's backup this year is a great opportunity for him...he would get a year to learn d'antoni's system before stepping into the startingline up next year...hopefully in 09 he will shine and for his sake be able to get paid big as a result (not by us of course lol)

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2008/07/duhon-headed-to-big-apple.html

[h2]July 4, 2008[/h2]
[h1]Duhon signs, Marbury on way out[/h1]

Free agent Chris Duhon verbally agreed to sign with the Knicks, his agent Kevin Bradbury confirmed this afternoon.

Duhon passed up the chance to join the Orlando Magic and instead comes to a Knicks team that already has Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson and Mardy Collins asits point guards. Duhon's arrival paves the way for the Knicks to release Marbury, who has fallen out of favor with club ownership. Duhon, who will sign a two-year contract with the Knicks, was told he will be the team's starting point guard.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2008/07/duhon-headed-to-big-apple.html

[h2]July 4, 2008[/h2]
[h1]Duhon signs, Marbury on way out[/h1]

Free agent Chris Duhon verbally agreed to sign with the Knicks, his agent Kevin Bradbury confirmed this afternoon.

Duhon passed up the chance to join the Orlando Magic and instead comes to a Knicks team that already has Stephon Marbury, Nate Robinson and Mardy Collins as its point guards. Duhon's arrival paves the way for the Knicks to release Marbury, who has fallen out of favor with club ownership. Duhon, who will sign a two-year contract with the Knicks, was told he will be the team's starting point guard.

wow.
indifferent.gif

You'd rather have Nate start?

Nate to me, is best suited as a spark off the bench.

I mean, we're gona suck regardlesss. Might as well have someone who is accountable out there playing the PG instead of a head case.

Nah, that wasn't the stoneface. I just THOUGHT they'd let Steph play out the last year of his contract at least. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom