OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by Jimmy Page

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

im not sure that marbury was run out of town....didnt he only play a handful of games under d'antoni in phoenix...the suns had been a pretty crappy team and were due to make some drastic changes

Meh the only major changes they made were bring in Nash and Q Rich. And Nash was brought in with the cap relief from getting rid of Marbury and Penny.

im not saying that phoenix didnt do the right thing and that we should keep steph...i just think that the plan to move him was already in place before d'antoni took over in the middle of the season

That's probably true, but if D'antoni liked Marbury, I don't think he would have let him get traded.

duhonconference_10.jpg

[h1]Knicks Want Jerome James To Retire[/h1]Jul 10, 200812:35 AM EST
The New York Knicks are trying to convince big man Jerome James to retire, the New York Daily News is reporting.

James earned more than $1 million per minute of playing time last season, and the Knicks are hoping to part ways with the former Sonics center. He appearedin just two games last season and sat out the final two months due to soreness in his right knee.

James, who will earn $12.8 million over the next two years, has every intention of playing next season and is even considering joining a group of veteransfor voluntary workouts this weekend in Las Vegas.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

[h1]Knicks Want Jerome James To Retire[/h1]Jul 10, 2008 12:35 AM EST
The New York Knicks are trying to convince big man Jerome James to retire, the New York Daily News is reporting.

James earned more than $1 million per minute of playing time last season, and the Knicks are hoping to part ways with the former Sonics center. He appeared in just two games last season and sat out the final two months due to soreness in his right knee.

James, who will earn $12.8 million over the next two years, has every intention of playing next season and is even considering joining a group of veterans for voluntary workouts this weekend in Las Vegas.

ra1c1w.jpg

I love this dude. He seems like a very high character guy.

Seems like he has it in him to work hard, and do what's necessary to win.

[h1]Knicks Will First Look To Deal Marbury[/h1]

Jul 10, 2008 1:39 AM EST

Marbury_Stephon_nyk.jpg
Meeting the press after ChrisDuhon was introduced as the newest Knick, Donnie Walsh did not deny reports that the team is prepared to part ways with Stephon Marbury.

Howard Beck of the New York Times cites "close associates of Walsh's and Coach Mike D'Antoni's" who revealed that the team plans tomove on without Marbury next season.

Walsh has time until training camp opens in October and will try to trade Marbury before pursuing a buyout of the final year of hiscontract.
smh @ trading him as the first option

^he's obviously not gunna take on a large contract that expires after 2010. Donnie isn't stupid. He's probably looking for possible contracts thatare 2 years long. There isn't really a problem with checking wut options you have.

Didn't consider taking on short contracts. That's an idea I have to get used to.
laugh.gif

Sounds reasonable, though. I'd be able to live with that.

Look I am all for giving Duhon a chance I just think we need to give Steph one last chance. If he fails he's done but let him start the year at least

One last chance? He's had so many chances it's not funny.

If we're moving on, why not move on now? I don't get what good can come out of letting Steph run the team this season.

LOL @ the Knicks wanting James to retire...we all have wanted James to retire. And yeah Walsh is just looking at options right now with Marbury....if they dotrade him it will be for a short contract for a player that fits the system. I would rather them just buy him out or let his contract expire but we shall seehow management plays it

Back
Top Bottom