Official New York Knicks Season Thread

Quote:
zach is so much more versatile than eddy it aint even funny.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Also

- Celtics bench..most annoyning scrubs in the world. Sit the @#%$ down.

- If Scal is getting extended minutes..they can have MJ, Wilt and Jesus Christ himself and they aren't winning anything.

- Paul's selfish ways will show up sometime in the season

but they're going to be very good (KG in particular) in the East
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

:lol:
laugh.gif

I swear that bench was too into the game. Every damn time Pierce or Allen had an open 3 pointer or KG scored these dudes were goin off like they just made it to the finals :smh:
smh.gif
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

They're probably happy they still have a job
HOYAS

Umm, maybe I missed something, but when dude dudes in here hop on the Curry-busta band-wagon?

I mean, right now in the NBA, the position lacking the most talent is the 5. We have arguably the best one in the league. Sure, his game has to be improved. Lest we forget dude is 25 years old, and not in his prime, already running @#%$ on the offense. Shaq was never a dominating defender, but he veiled that by being a abusive offender. Curry plays with finesse, so his weakness at the defensive end becomes a blaring attribute. However, EC is perhaps the most integral part of the Knicks future. How many versatile, all-star calibur forwards are in the league? Way too many to oversell the importance of Z-bo compared to EC.

I just hope this feeling doesn't infect the entire Knick fanbase, and more importantly the Knick front office.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​
TEAM [Scrubs]

Real Recognize Real

Quote:
I mean, right now in the NBA, the position lacking the most talent is the 5. We have arguably the best one in the league. Sure, his game has to be improved. Lest we forget dude is 25 years old, and not in his prime, already running on the offense. Shaq was never a dominating defender, but he veiled that by being a abusive offender. Curry plays with finesse, so his weakness at the defensive end becomes a blaring attribute. However, EC is perhaps the most integral part of the Knicks future. How many versatile, all-star calibur forwards are in the league? Way too many to oversell the importance of Z-bo compared to EC.
HOYAS

Eddy lacks the instinct to be a great shot blocker and rebounder. I dont think that means he cant learn how to be effective tho. Same thing with the TOs and passing out of the double team. Last year was his first year as the focal point of an offense. He's never faced the kind of defensive schemes that he did last year. And despite that he still averaged close to 20 ppg. It's too early to write him off. Once he learns how to pass out of that double team effectively its a wrap
<br>email me: [email protected]<br>or aim: y0fallback

Zach is also a way better defender than Curry, unless last night was just a fluke.

We need both on the floor as much as possible, though. Last night when Eddy was out, it was almost impossible to get the ball into Z-Bo... and when we did, he was immediately double-teamed. They're going to help each other way more than they hurt each other out there. I really don't see many problems trying to get them to play together.
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Quote:
Zach is also a way better defender than Curry
:smh:
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
HOYAS

laugh.gif

But he did look pretty good though. I'm just going with the Z-Bo/Curry comparison. Zach looked good defending. I think he had something like 5 steals, and he wasn't afraid to help on a cutter.

I hear you, though. Eddy is a horrible defender. :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMGIANTS|TEAMYANKEES|NYK...BASKETBALL
Team I Heart HarlemToTheBronx

Yeah I know what you're sayin

he definitely did look good on D last night, I would put that more to the fluke side

but let's hope not
HOYAS

Quote:
If Scal is getting extended minutes..they can have MJ, Wilt and Jesus Christ himself and they aren't winning anything.
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Air Jordan
1984-1993
1995-1998
"The best there ever was, the best there ever will be."​

nice win by the knicks last night. wish i would've caught it, but i was out doing bad things

nice, smart playing by nate. he has flashes of brilliance and hopefully he keeps it up. good show by randolph too.
TEAMGIANTS
TEAMNEWYORKMETS​
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS​

Quote:
Correct in theory but...

EC doesn't play like a 7 footer. He brings the ball down, doesn't go up strong.

Shaq played D..and dominant at times, Eddy just doesn't play it.

The fact that HE IS 25 worries me from the point he's already outa shape and it'll only get worse if he doesn't get his act together.

What I was speaking of is ZBo can facilitate the offense on the block much better than Eddy right now.

Eddy needs to learn to recognize doubles and go from there.

At times with Eddy and Steph, Steph will give the entry pass and they'll just play a 2 man game...which is ok...if there's movement, but often it's stagnant and ends up with the clock running down and a bad shot.

What I saw last night with zach is kicking it out when a double comes and then swinging the ball around for better looks and in the end a better shot

One on one on the block, of course Eddy is gona score at will but the rest of his game needs work.

Now, I still like what Eddy brings and he's very good. However I just see things operating better with Zach being option #1
pimp.gif
ing center for the New York Knicks and as long as he is still that i will support him til my death, and i will keep supporting him to improve.
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD​
OUT​

Damn, i used to be the long essay writer for the knicks. this man has taken my spot after a hiatus.
but its all good, cause u are basically expressing what I feel about this team. good job

btw, does anyone have the sig code? i need to update.
TEAMNEWYORKKNICKS
Member No.3 (Word to John Starks)​
Brooklyn Stand Up

I hear you guy's ideas, and POV, but I'll stick to mine for now. It's that ever-present hope in the Knick team, that trickles down to the players.
TEAM [Scrubs]

Real Recognize Real

Quote:
to see people reading my previous posts
laugh.gif
HOYAS

just a few more weeks till the opener!!!
Team New York​
4L8O15S16T23!42​

Another great game today from what i saw, but since it is a preseason game vs Phily i did not watch all of it.

Just some notes though...

Nate Robinson is SICK. He is getting towards an elite game right now. The Knicks threw him in late 3rd and in the early 4th just to give hime some PT and he blew up AGAIN. He dropped 20 in just 18 mins. He showed great accuracy on all his jumpers shooting 8-10 and nailed some 3s as well. Once again he showed his new maturity in his game, giving up the rock when nothing is happening, and only commiting 1 TO.He sets up these nice jumpers by some nasty ball handling. Nate is now a complete offensive player. He is smarter than last year but he also has improved on his strengths like shooting, and ball handling. Not to mention he is a pretty good defender as well, given his freak athletisism and intensity. Why cant he be a nice player in the L for years to come?

The Z Bo aquisiition has been looking more and more nice. Randolph once again put up some nice stats recording a double double (16 and 10) a game after a great game against Kevin Garnett. This is happening while Steve Francis has moved from a probable starter to a benchwarmer already in Houston where he is loved, and trade rumors are already surrounding Frye in Portland. This will be known as one of Isiah's premier moves, in my opinion this move made us go from a playoff team, to a contender. Randolph will be a double double threat each nice, and he will help us in a variety of ways, and make himself known as one of the league's top bigmen. Say what you want about him, but Isiah has put together a VERY talented team.

The Knicks need to cut Jerome James ASAP. It is very clear right now that Fred Jones is a lock for this roster, if it wasn't already he sealed it up with 16 points in the 1st half. Jared Jordan and Walker Russel are sure to get cut, so this leaves that #15 spot open to Demetrius Nichols and Jerome James. In addition to his very good summer league, Nichols showed that he can be nce if he gets minutes in tonight's game dropping 10 in only 9 mins. He also went 2-2 from downtown. James is a horrible NBA player, and he will go nowhere in his career. Not only would Nichols help us more right now, but if we cut him he is sure to be taken by another team, because of his talent. nichols can be a good player in the NBA, but if we do not buy out James' contract we will be forced to cut him. This will hurt us in both the long and short run. In addition to having to pay James a huge amount of $, and Isiah not wanting to admit he made a mistake, the other thing holding Zeke back is that if he cuts JJ his only center other than Eddy is Randolph Morris. I still say to do it though. Although Nichols would be just one of our many guards and we would have to get rid of a center to get him, Nichols is just too talented and has too much potential to let up. James has got to go.

On another note...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

at Gus and Clyde for the 1st time this season, they were great today.

Cant stand Breen, and Kenny better not be showing his face up in the garden anymore >:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
>:
mad.gif
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
NYK 08 THATS MY WORD
OUT​

He can go for all I care

He has a streaky jumper and nothin else

But man,

do we look good...I don't care if it is preseason

I have no complaints about tonight...only a few plays that bugged me on the defensive side

Nate :pimp:
pimp.gif
HOYAS

I retract my hate for Fred Jones :lol:
laugh.gif
..dude was playin tonight

ZBo :pimp:
pimp.gif
HOYAS

Back
Top Bottom