Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal... WHY?????????????

At least with my Dontrelle Willis suggestion it was 29 year old guy.. who would be a lefty in the bullpen.. Not a 37 year old guy...

Bartolo Colon to a minor league deal... WHY?????????????

At least with my Dontrelle Willis suggestion it was 29 year old guy.. who would be a lefty in the bullpen.. Not a 37 year old guy...

between the jets and the yankees offseason i'm bout to get a second job just so i aint gotta invest time this summer.

bartolo ?

30t6p3b.gif

way to go cash .........

between the jets and the yankees offseason i'm bout to get a second job just so i aint gotta invest time this summer.

bartolo ?

30t6p3b.gif

way to go cash .........

Cashman needs to take speaking lessons. Any time he's on the radio he gasps for air mad aggressively in between sentences. I can't even listen to him on Francesa's or Kay's show.

Cashman needs to take speaking lessons. Any time he's on the radio he gasps for air mad aggressively in between sentences. I can't even listen to him on Francesa's or Kay's show.

^^ Nah, they're like NTers going into a thrift store and coming up on some OG Penny foams for $30...then you realize they're $30 because the sole has completely worn down and the zoom air is popped on both shoes
laugh.gif

For what it's worth, Colon pitched on a winter league team managed by Tony Pena; Yankee scouts got extra looks of Colon and all were saying that his stuff was pretty good.

But like I said...take it for what it's worth.

Can we not declare this team dead before the season starts?

^^ Nah, they're like NTers going into a thrift store and coming up on some OG Penny foams for $30...then you realize they're $30 because the sole has completely worn down and the zoom air is popped on both shoes
laugh.gif

For what it's worth, Colon pitched on a winter league team managed by Tony Pena; Yankee scouts got extra looks of Colon and all were saying that his stuff was pretty good.

But like I said...take it for what it's worth.

Can we not declare this team dead before the season starts?

I guess. We got a pretty good look at him while he was throwin meatballs for us not too long ago. But hey I guess thats why it was a Minor League deal. Im wishin you guys some luck tho. I still want that Sox/Yanks ALCS. We could use a good playoff matchup again, its been a little while.

I guess. We got a pretty good look at him while he was throwin meatballs for us not too long ago. But hey I guess thats why it was a Minor League deal. Im wishin you guys some luck tho. I still want that Sox/Yanks ALCS. We could use a good playoff matchup again, its been a little while.

Man our offseason moves have been questionable to say the least. Not very productive in my opinion. But at least we aren't throwing major money recklessly. The soriano signing was a little too much in my opinion but hopefully he ends up worth it.

Man our offseason moves have been questionable to say the least. Not very productive in my opinion. But at least we aren't throwing major money recklessly. The soriano signing was a little too much in my opinion but hopefully he ends up worth it.

Any of you guys got a ticket package this season? Myself and six of my buddies got the 15 game Friday night jawn piece.

Any of you guys got a ticket package this season? Myself and six of my buddies got the 15 game Friday night jawn piece.

martin
soriano
jones
prior
colon

*nods head in approval*

pimp.gif

seriously tho...even tho a far from some stellar offseason, the lineup is still pretty solid. SP is eh..but there are 3 horses that can come through. late innings pen is solid. still a strong team.

and as i told HTTB...it's back to a two team race in the east now that the rays have unloaded some key guys
pimp.gif

martin
soriano
jones
prior
colon

*nods head in approval*

pimp.gif

seriously tho...even tho a far from some stellar offseason, the lineup is still pretty solid. SP is eh..but there are 3 horses that can come through. late innings pen is solid. still a strong team.

and as i told HTTB...it's back to a two team race in the east now that the rays have unloaded some key guys
pimp.gif

how much was A.Jones signed for?hes not THAT old, maybe he can make a comeback. Manny signed for $2million I believe, thats not a bad bargain. Signing B.Colon is a small gamble, the Yanks are desperate for pitching. Think about how potent the Yankee offense could be if A.Jones hits like its 2001, Cano continues where he left off, A.Rod plays like 2009, and Jeter hits 300?

how much was A.Jones signed for?hes not THAT old, maybe he can make a comeback. Manny signed for $2million I believe, thats not a bad bargain. Signing B.Colon is a small gamble, the Yanks are desperate for pitching. Think about how potent the Yankee offense could be if A.Jones hits like its 2001, Cano continues where he left off, A.Rod plays like 2009, and Jeter hits 300?

Back
Top Bottom