Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Mo needs 43 more saves to pass Trevor Hoffman.. Considering Hoffman is retired.. The record will be his.. Hopefully he can get it this year.

Mo needs 43 more saves to pass Trevor Hoffman.. Considering Hoffman is retired.. The record will be his.. Hopefully he can get it this year.

If $35MM is going to lock down games for us starting in the 8th, than so be it. Rafael has proved his worth.

If $35MM is going to lock down games for us starting in the 8th, than so be it. Rafael has proved his worth.

The deals for relievers this offseason were ridiculous. Guarantee that if Benoit didn't open the FA market for bullpen arms with that monster contract from Detroit, most of these dudes would be one, two year max deals.

The deals for relievers this offseason were ridiculous. Guarantee that if Benoit didn't open the FA market for bullpen arms with that monster contract from Detroit, most of these dudes would be one, two year max deals.

Been so wrapped up in the jets I forgot about my #1.

Nice move, at least we did something. Now can we find a starter or 2

Been so wrapped up in the jets I forgot about my #1.

Nice move, at least we did something. Now can we find a starter or 2

I didn't get a chance to post a
roll.gif
at your pic you posted last week
laugh.gif

Boras strikes again.
Wow, what an awful deal. So the Yanks are paying a middle reliever with a downright UGLY fly-ball rate, and a history of arm injuries 35 mil to pitch the 8th inning for three years? Not to mention the fact that middle relief is the easiest position to fill during the season, and often on the cheap. Oh, and they lose out on a good pick in a deep draft. What was Cashman thinking? 
Edit: Looks like Cashman was overruled within the organization.

Boras strikes again.
Wow, what an awful deal. So the Yanks are paying a middle reliever with a downright UGLY fly-ball rate, and a history of arm injuries 35 mil to pitch the 8th inning for three years? Not to mention the fact that middle relief is the easiest position to fill during the season, and often on the cheap. Oh, and they lose out on a good pick in a deep draft. What was Cashman thinking? 
Edit: Looks like Cashman was overruled within the organization.

Wow, we actually did some*thing this off season.... to be honest, I really can't wait for the season to start.. I really wanna bypass all the spring training %$%$%!**.. Phillies are gonna have that Miami Heat buzz.-___-

Just wanna get to the first pitch.

Wow, we actually did some*thing this off season.... to be honest, I really can't wait for the season to start.. I really wanna bypass all the spring training %$%$%!**.. Phillies are gonna have that Miami Heat buzz.-___-

Just wanna get to the first pitch.

No, I mean middle reliever. You're either a closer or middle reliever, there's no such position as back end reliever.

And, I realize that the Yanks have a strong bullpen now, but they did last season too, and that was due to them eventually picking up Kerry Wood for nothing. You don't overpay for middle relief. Period. During the season, there will always be out of contention teams looking to unload payroll, and middle relievers are always the first to go.

And is it really game over? Soriano's flyball rate ranked 264th out of 280 or so guys who pitched in the AL last season. That short porch will not be kind to him and his bloated contract.

No, I mean middle reliever. You're either a closer or middle reliever, there's no such position as back end reliever.

And, I realize that the Yanks have a strong bullpen now, but they did last season too, and that was due to them eventually picking up Kerry Wood for nothing. You don't overpay for middle relief. Period. During the season, there will always be out of contention teams looking to unload payroll, and middle relievers are always the first to go.

And is it really game over? Soriano's flyball rate ranked 264th out of 280 or so guys who pitched in the AL last season. That short porch will not be kind to him and his bloated contract.

Back
Top Bottom