Official New York Yankees Offseason Thread

#FOREVERCOLON

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

how much was A.Jones signed for?hes not THAT old, maybe he can make a comeback. Manny signed for $2million I believe, thats not a bad bargain. Signing B.Colon is a small gamble, the Yanks are desperate for pitching. Think about how potent the Yankee offense could be if A.Jones hits like its 2001, Cano continues where he left off, A.Rod plays like 2009, and Jeter hits 300?

If all that happens which it won't it would still be nothing like Boston's lineup.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

how much was A.Jones signed for?hes not THAT old, maybe he can make a comeback. Manny signed for $2million I believe, thats not a bad bargain. Signing B.Colon is a small gamble, the Yanks are desperate for pitching. Think about how potent the Yankee offense could be if A.Jones hits like its 2001, Cano continues where he left off, A.Rod plays like 2009, and Jeter hits 300?

If all that happens which it won't it would still be nothing like Boston's lineup.

"I think Chuck is delusional," Levine told ESPNewYork.com. "He has been running the Rangers for a few minutes and seems to believe he's mastered what everyone else is thinking. I think he should let Cliff Lee speak for himself. I'll be impressed when he demonstrates he can keep the Rangers off welfare. What I mean is make them not be a revenue-sharing recipient for three years in a row, without taking financing from baseball or advance money from television networks. Then I'll be impressed."
SONNED.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

"I think Chuck is delusional," Levine told ESPNewYork.com. "He has been running the Rangers for a few minutes and seems to believe he's mastered what everyone else is thinking. I think he should let Cliff Lee speak for himself. I'll be impressed when he demonstrates he can keep the Rangers off welfare. What I mean is make them not be a revenue-sharing recipient for three years in a row, without taking financing from baseball or advance money from television networks. Then I'll be impressed."
SONNED.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

That Oompa Loompa Randy Levine went IN.

Kinda hoping Colon makes it on the team (either straight out of Spring Training or during the season) just so I can come to a game with a #FOREVERCOLON sign.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

That Oompa Loompa Randy Levine went IN.

Kinda hoping Colon makes it on the team (either straight out of Spring Training or during the season) just so I can come to a game with a #FOREVERCOLON sign.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

A. Mariano's whip is fire.

B. Ken Rosenthal reporting that the Yanks are signing Freddy Garcia to a minor lg deal

A. Mariano's whip is fire.

B. Ken Rosenthal reporting that the Yanks are signing Freddy Garcia to a minor lg deal

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/01/31/report-yankees-ink-garcia-to-minor-league-deal/

The Yankees have reached an agreement with Freddy Garcia, who will come to camp on a minor league deal to compete for a spot in the rotation.

According to Jerry Crasnick, Garcia will make $1.5 million if he makes the team, and he could make an additional $3.6 million based on number of starts.

By the way, if you’re ever desperate for the Yankees to make a move, tell me to step away from a computer for two hours. It never, ever fails.

UPDATE, 11:22 p.m.: A source just confirmed that the Garcia situation is exactly like Bartolo Colon’s. Garcia is being looked at strictly as a starter, and if he doesn’t make the Major League team, he will be released or traded.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/01/31/report-yankees-ink-garcia-to-minor-league-deal/

The Yankees have reached an agreement with Freddy Garcia, who will come to camp on a minor league deal to compete for a spot in the rotation.

According to Jerry Crasnick, Garcia will make $1.5 million if he makes the team, and he could make an additional $3.6 million based on number of starts.

By the way, if you’re ever desperate for the Yankees to make a move, tell me to step away from a computer for two hours. It never, ever fails.

UPDATE, 11:22 p.m.: A source just confirmed that the Garcia situation is exactly like Bartolo Colon’s. Garcia is being looked at strictly as a starter, and if he doesn’t make the Major League team, he will be released or traded.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

So Wang's arm is a complete noodle now? Like hes done done for ya?

Chien_Ming_Wang.jpg

Edit: Nevermind just went and checked. Apparently he plays for the Nationals now? Did not know that. Crazy how a guy can beast one year and then you hear nothing about him only 2 years later.

So Wang's arm is a complete noodle now? Like hes done done for ya?

Chien_Ming_Wang.jpg

Edit: Nevermind just went and checked. Apparently he plays for the Nationals now? Did not know that. Crazy how a guy can beast one year and then you hear nothing about him only 2 years later.

Pettite is going to retire.
frown.gif

Thank for the memories Andy.
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
 @ our rotation next year.

Pettite is going to retire.
frown.gif

Thank for the memories Andy.
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
 @ our rotation next year.