Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

why did they cut AJ Hawk? isnt he valuable to their defense? 
They are going to try and re-sign him after the CBA... Guess it was too much money now not knowing how the CBA will turn out

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

why did they cut AJ Hawk? isnt he valuable to their defense? 
They are going to try and re-sign him after the CBA... Guess it was too much money now not knowing how the CBA will turn out

Aj hawk reportedly is flying to GB today to sign off on his new 5 year deal
pimp.gif

Hawk was due 10 million next year on his old deal. So they just re did the deal cause they have no idea what the CBA will look like

Hawk was due 10 million next year on his old deal. So they just re did the deal cause they have no idea what the CBA will look like

Hawk's agent, Mike McCartney, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Thursday morning that the two sides are "putting the finishing touches" on a deal that will bring Hawk back to Green Bay one day after the team released him.
He had a 10 mill due on the last year of his contract. Packers laughed and said no no... we are gonna cut and re-sign. So this deal should be finished before midnight tonight.

Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald reports there were reports TE Jeremy Shockey wanted to sign a deal by today, and if that’s the case, it would seem like it’s down to the Panthers and Dolphins.
Shockey called it “a dream to play for the Dolphins,

Hawk's agent, Mike McCartney, said in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Thursday morning that the two sides are "putting the finishing touches" on a deal that will bring Hawk back to Green Bay one day after the team released him.
He had a 10 mill due on the last year of his contract. Packers laughed and said no no... we are gonna cut and re-sign. So this deal should be finished before midnight tonight.

Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald reports there were reports TE Jeremy Shockey wanted to sign a deal by today, and if that’s the case, it would seem like it’s down to the Panthers and Dolphins.
Shockey called it “a dream to play for the Dolphins,

It's official: LB A.J Hawk, whom Green Bay released on Weds, has re-signed with the Green Bay Packers. It's a five-year deal.

And another deal: Houston reached agreement with tight end Owen Daniels on a four-year, $22 million deal today. - Adam Schefter

http://www.nfl.com/teams/neworleanssaints/profile?team=NO
New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said Thursday that kicker Garrett Hartley has agreed to a new five-year contract with the club.

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more of these today.

It's official: LB A.J Hawk, whom Green Bay released on Weds, has re-signed with the Green Bay Packers. It's a five-year deal.

And another deal: Houston reached agreement with tight end Owen Daniels on a four-year, $22 million deal today. - Adam Schefter

http://www.nfl.com/teams/neworleanssaints/profile?team=NO
New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis said Thursday that kicker Garrett Hartley has agreed to a new five-year contract with the club.

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more of these today.

update:

The subject of "stopping the clock" on the current collective bargaining agreement in order to allow for more time to negotiate is being discussed Thursday, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. Doing so would allow for the sides to continue negotiating a new deal beyond Thursday's 11:59 p.m. ET deadline and would, in essence, begin a period of no football activity -- halting any player transactions. -  Jason La Canfora

update:

The subject of "stopping the clock" on the current collective bargaining agreement in order to allow for more time to negotiate is being discussed Thursday, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. Doing so would allow for the sides to continue negotiating a new deal beyond Thursday's 11:59 p.m. ET deadline and would, in essence, begin a period of no football activity -- halting any player transactions. -  Jason La Canfora

Just read that Michael Vick signed a one year contract with the Eagles estimated at $20 million.
eek.gif

I'm happy for the man. Great story. I just hope he really did learn his lesson.

Jackson officially out in Minnesota

tired.gif

Nah, j/j
laugh.gif
  He was my boy, but he had his chance. Good riddance. Bring on Kolb....or Carson

Just read that Michael Vick signed a one year contract with the Eagles estimated at $20 million.
eek.gif

I'm happy for the man. Great story. I just hope he really did learn his lesson.

Jackson officially out in Minnesota

tired.gif

Nah, j/j
laugh.gif
  He was my boy, but he had his chance. Good riddance. Bring on Kolb....or Carson

"I went to school here. People love me here. This seems like the perfect situation for me. Oh, Chad Henne is still going to be your starting quarterback...?"

shockey.gif

:signs with Carolina:

"I went to school here. People love me here. This seems like the perfect situation for me. Oh, Chad Henne is still going to be your starting quarterback...?"

shockey.gif

:signs with Carolina:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what QB is in Carolina?!

and if Henne can do One thing right it's hit the Tight End, i'm juss sayin.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

what QB is in Carolina?!

and if Henne can do One thing right it's hit the Tight End, i'm juss sayin.

Back
Top Bottom