Official NFL Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Berkeley Boy wrote:

S Dizzel wrote:

man thats a lot of money for javon... If hes healthy hes good for 1000 yards.. but hopefully the raiders are protected from injury.. there should be some
type

of clause in the contract.. also.. raiders signed kwame harris.. 3 years 16mill.. i dont know how much is gaurenteed though.. raiders gotta be the only
team

runnings the zone blocking scheme with linemen that are 6'7 315 lol.. but hey..
it worked last year

laugh.gif
but my man Tom Cable saw something in Kwame Harris. I trust Cable after the success
he had with the trashy O-Line we had and still have.

Although, I must say that Robert Gallery has been good at Guard, but his contract does not reflect Guard work.

And Oh, watch out for Drew Carter from the Panthers....he has been meeting with us since Sunday. I don't know the status of the talks, but who really
wants Drew Carter?

So don't be surprised if he's a Raider as well. All in all, I'm happy with the moves Mr. Davis is making.

I may be wrong, but didn't Kwame play a zone blocking scheme in college?

Good question. I don't know if Stanford ran a ZBS or still does. But if Stanford did, then it would take Harris less time to get familiar with our scheme.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Kwame Harris is horrible
laugh.gif
Kwame Harris + Gallery = a false start every possession.
sick.gif
Kwame Harris is the king of holding penalties
sick.gif
sick.gif

"I Keep Holdin' On..."
laugh.gif

anyone got that youbute video of kwame harris? but on the other hand kinda like that the raiders got javon walker. he comes back healtly he going to doalright. i jus hope we trade out of the 4 spot with the cowboys pick up another wr and a o linemen. seems like al tryin to spend some bucks this offseason

smh at javon walker signing in oakland. shows that he is really about the money. that team is going no where soon, all he sees is $$$$

I refuse to believe that Kwame Harris gets paid to play football.
+1
tired.gif
laugh.gif

That youtube video got pulled not too long after it was posted. It actually made me feel really bad for the guy. He looked like nobody ever explained therules to him.

Almost $10M a year for Walker? No wonder we backed out. Here I am thinking the team that signed him would get him for less than a quarter of that. Dude hasbeen a gimp since he tore his ACL.

im feelin good bout the raiders this season were makin some postive moves jus payin alot. glad i got my season tickets this year

roll.gif

Javon Walker at Randy Moss type money! Have fun with that Oakland. I'm glad to see him go but sad to see Keary Colbert come. Wish we could have addedsomeone else.

Broncos need to do something big this offseason.

ZBS or no ZBS, Kwame Harris is a certified Lame Duck. He's been in this league for five years and shows NO signs of improvement. A friend of mine is adiehard 49er fan-atic and he was elated when he heard that Kwame was gone. What makes you think Tom Cable can change that? He can't perform miracles.However, I think the Javon Walker is a good signing. He is a player that has performed well in the past, especially his 2004 season where he was Favre's goto receiver and caught 12 td passes that year. Does his knee injury scare me, yes, but the raiders are in great need of a WR at this moment. Addressing theO-Line and D-Line in the draft is what the raiders should be thinking about.

^^zone blocking scheme does matter.. raiders were 3rd in rushing last year with a bunch of scrubs lol

patriots sign jason webster-- HAHAHAHA good luck with that

bears have Marty Booker-- again. Desperate much?

Warren Sapp retires.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

smh at javon walker signing in oakland. shows that he is really about the money. that team is going no where soon, all he sees is $$$$
This angered me. Dude could have signed with a team that has a chance to win, and he chose the money instead? Ridiculous. I know everyone gotfamilies and such, but he wouldn't have to play for free with Dallas, or Philly or wherever. He could still make money, try to win, and then take care ofthe money later if he does get himself a ring. Now, he'll just play out the string, collect his dough, and never matter in terms of history to the NFL. What a waste.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

This angered me. Dude could have signed with a team that has a chance to win, and he chose the money instead? Ridiculous. I know everyone got families and such, but he wouldn't have to play for free with Dallas, or Philly or wherever. He could still make money, try to win, and then take care of the money later if he does get himself a ring. Now, he'll just play out the string, collect his dough, and never matter in terms of history to the NFL. What a waste.
smh.gif

Football is a business my dude...

Don't give me that 'championship' %%@@....

These owners and gm's would dump a player at any given time w/ No remorse...They don't give a *##! about a player

And as a player your gotta remember this and act accordingly.....

Not really coming at you....Just that way of thinking....

My family's future > Possibility of a Championship

AND he fresh off a Knee Injury????/ [Clay Davis]SHEEEEEEEIIIIIITTTTT[Clay Davis]

Its like oakland had to overpay for him for all the losing.

Go there and ruin your career.

Dre, U said it!
Dude has had 2 MAJOR knee surgeries in 3 seasons, He better be concerned about getting the most money possible, cuz its coming to a crashing hault sooner thanhe thinks.

Thanks to Brett Favre, he was unable to get his proper contract in GB. Maybe withoutBrett being a loudmouthed Prick, we'd be looking at a different set ofcircumstances for Javon Walker.

Back
Top Bottom