Official NFL Offseason Thread

Can you imagine these conversations with Al Davis?

"I'm looking at around $6M per year, Al. With a good amount in Guaranteed." - Free Agent
"We'll give you $14m per year, ALL GUARANTEED!" - Al, while falling off his rocker.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - The Atlanta Falcons today released six-year veteran quarterback Joey Harrington.

In 12 games (10 starts) last season, he completed 215 of 348 passes for 2,215 yards, seven touchdowns and eight interceptions for a 77.2 passer rating.

Harrington was originally acquired by the Falcons as an unrestricted free agent on April 9, 2007.

A first-round pick out of the University of Oregon in the 2002 NFL Draft, Harrington leaves the Falcons with 76 career starts at quarterback and more than 14,500 passing yards and 79 touchdown passes. His career passer rating is 70.5.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - The Atlanta Falcons today released six-year veteran quarterback Joey Harrington.

In 12 games (10 starts) last season, he completed 215 of 348 passes for 2,215 yards, seven touchdowns and eight interceptions for a 77.2 passer rating.

Harrington was originally acquired by the Falcons as an unrestricted free agent on April 9, 2007.

A first-round pick out of the University of Oregon in the 2002 NFL Draft, Harrington leaves the Falcons with 76 career starts at quarterback and more than 14,500 passing yards and 79 touchdown passes. His career passer rating is 70.5.

pimp.gif

Although, I got $5 that says he ends up starting several games somewhere in 2008. Dude must have the sharpest agent in the game.
laugh.gif

Atlanta will definately get a QB in the draft...I just hope they don't waste the #3 on Matt Ryan.

Have we discussed Shaun Rogers' new deal yet? 6 years/$42 million...$20 mil. guaranteed.
eek.gif

Cleveland...
roll.gif

Shaun Rogers gets new 6 year, $42 million contract... $20 mil inguaranteeshttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3277837

Good lord that's a lot of money for a guy with serious motivational and conditioning concerns...

And as for the Javon contract, you cannot blame Javon one bit. If this were the NBA or MLB, where contracts were guaranteed regardless, then it'd be a morelegitimate criticism. It ain't Javon's fault Oakland was ready to blow their load on him and pay him like the best receiver in football.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

smh at javon walker signing in oakland. shows that he is really about the money. that team is going no where soon, all he sees is $$$$
This angered me. Dude could have signed with a team that has a chance to win, and he chose the money instead? Ridiculous. I know everyone got families and such, but he wouldn't have to play for free with Dallas, or Philly or wherever. He could still make money, try to win, and then take care of the money later if he does get himself a ring. Now, he'll just play out the string, collect his dough, and never matter in terms of history to the NFL. What a waste.
smh.gif

Football is a business my dude...

Don't give me that 'championship' %%@@....

These owners and gm's would dump a player at any given time w/ No remorse...They don't give a *##! about a player

And as a player your gotta remember this and act accordingly.....

Not really coming at you....Just that way of thinking....

My family's future > Possibility of a Championship

AND he fresh off a Knee Injury????/ [Clay Davis]SHEEEEEEEIIIIIITTTTT[Clay Davis]
I hear you, but was he going to be poor in Dallas? Does anyone know the numbers that other teams were offering?

I know he needs moeny for his future and all that. Maybe I just still see the players that go after the ring first, and the money second. Usually, you get aring, the money goes hand in hand. Notice all the Giants jumping ship for the money now they got that ring in their pocket? But I guess due to his twoinjuries I see where you coming from.

Thank god that bum is gone. Either Matt Ryan or Jake Long is our choice.

Originally Posted by DLo13

pimp.gif

Although, I got $5 that says he ends up starting several games somewhere in 2008. Dude must have the sharpest agent in the game.
laugh.gif

Atlanta will definately get a QB in the draft...I just hope they don't waste the #3 on Matt Ryan.

Have we discussed Shaun Rogers' new deal yet? 6 years/$42 million...$20 mil. guaranteed.
eek.gif

Cleveland...
roll.gif

They should fill another need they have in the 1st round...and try to get Brohm in the second. If he's not available maybe Flacco? I'm still notconfident a QB from Delaware.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

smh at javon walker signing in oakland. shows that he is really about the money. that team is going no where soon, all he sees is $$$$
This angered me. Dude could have signed with a team that has a chance to win, and he chose the money instead? Ridiculous. I know everyone got families and such, but he wouldn't have to play for free with Dallas, or Philly or wherever. He could still make money, try to win, and then take care of the money later if he does get himself a ring. Now, he'll just play out the string, collect his dough, and never matter in terms of history to the NFL. What a waste.
smh.gif

Football is a business my dude...

Don't give me that 'championship' %%@@....

These owners and gm's would dump a player at any given time w/ No remorse...They don't give a *##! about a player

And as a player your gotta remember this and act accordingly.....

Not really coming at you....Just that way of thinking....

My family's future > Possibility of a Championship

AND he fresh off a Knee Injury????/ [Clay Davis]SHEEEEEEEIIIIIITTTTT[Clay Davis]
I hear you, but was he going to be poor in Dallas? Does anyone know the numbers that other teams were offering?

I know he needs moeny for his future and all that. Maybe I just still see the players that go after the ring first, and the money second. Usually, you get a ring, the money goes hand in hand. Notice all the Giants jumping ship for the money now they got that ring in their pocket? But I guess due to his two injuries I see where you coming from.

Thats the main thing. If he was 100% healthy and had no history of knee injuries, then Yeah I understand what you're getting at. But w/ a history ofknee injuries....Back to when he was in college....You gotta get that money man. CaUse this is prolly his last shot @ that big payday. And even if he wen toDallas....There is no guarantee that they are going to the Super Bowl....

EVERYONE WOULD TAKE THE MONEY !!! if you were in his position.. you would too.. unless your a 10-11 year veteran.. you gonna take the money

all you fools who are talking smack about the raiders is funny to me.. b/c none of your teams won the super bowl.. and the funniest thing is that I noticed 3-4Dolphin fans talking smack... lol.. as bad as the raiders were.. the dolphins were way worse.. and on top of that.. they took a senior citizen as there QB ofthe future.. Raiders will be 8-8 next season... as long as lane kiffin is the coach lol.. hopefully we draft DMAC and let the spending spree continue

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Shaun Rogers gets new 6 year, $42 million contract... $20 mil in guaranteeshttp://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3277837

Good lord that's a lot of money for a guy with serious motivational and conditioning concerns...

I'd bet the house Phil and Romeo sat down and had a serious discussion with him about the future. We have an outstanding locker room and a team headedin the right direction. They wouldn't take a risk unless they were positive there will be positives.

Shaun himself says, this is his new lease on life. Lets see...

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

EVERYONE WOULD TAKE THE MONEY !!! if you were in his position.. you would too.. unless your a 10-11 year veteran.. you gonna take the money

all you fools who are talking smack about the raiders is funny to me.. b/c none of your teams won the super bowl.. and the funniest thing is that I noticed 3-4 Dolphin fans talking smack... lol.. as bad as the raiders were.. the dolphins were way worse.. and on top of that.. they took a senior citizen as there QB of the future.. Raiders will be 8-8 next season... as long as lane kiffin is the coach lol.. hopefully we draft DMAC and let the spending spree continue

Raiders? 8-8 this year? Highly doubtful. They'll be lucky to get 6 this year. Russell is still too young, and they don't have a healthyplaymaker at WR. Walker will get microfracture surgery before the end of the year. He's lucky to get that kind of cash coming off the year he had. Berrian at that price would have been ridiculous, but at least it would have made sense. No health issues there.

I'd bet the house Phil and Romeo sat down and had a serious discussion with him about the future. We have an outstanding locker room and a team headed in the right direction. They wouldn't take a risk unless they were positive there will be positives.
I'd bet the house that if you offered a man $20 million he would say whatever it was you wanted to hear.

A source close to the situation, the same person that broke the Asante Samuel signing to OTR and GCobb.com, has confirmed that the Eagles will seek Roy Williams or Chad Johnson in a trade. The source told us to expect the Eagles to bring in a big name wide receiver this offseason. Asante Samuel was number one on the list and a big name receiver was a close number two. The Eagles are currently sitting tight awaiting to hear about the Larry Fitzgerald negotiations, but they will also seek Roy Williams or Chad Johnson if the Fitzgerald deal seems unlikely.
http://blastmagazineblogs.com/sports/

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Thanks to Brett Favre, he was unable to get his proper contract in GB. Maybe withoutBrett being a loudmouthed Prick, we'd be looking at a different set of circumstances for Javon Walker.

Duke just retired
eyes.gif

Javon Walker's prime was OVER after he tore his ACL.

or maybe without a torn acl we would see some different circumstances ... get real, favre was and still is the man, drunkard or not

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Platinum
I know he's "retired" but he still opened his mouth on a subject he shouldnt have

He should have either just said it was something between Javon Walker and management or just kept it moving.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

I'd bet the house Phil and Romeo sat down and had a serious discussion with him about the future. We have an outstanding locker room and a team headed in the right direction. They wouldn't take a risk unless they were positive there will be positives.
I'd bet the house that if you offered a man $20 million he would say whatever it was you wanted to hear.

Yep.

Originally Posted by S Dizzel

all you fools who are talking smack about the raiders is funny to me.. b/c none of your teams won the super bowl.. and the funniest thing is that I noticed 3-4 Dolphin fans talking smack... lol.. as bad as the raiders were.. the dolphins were way worse.. and on top of that.. they took a senior citizen as there QB of the future.. Raiders will be 8-8 next season... as long as lane kiffin is the coach lol.. hopefully we draft DMAC and let the spending spree continue

I = 3-4 Dolphins fans? No wonder you guys gave Walker so much money, ya'll can't count.

Get a clue dude, my point was a guy has a chance to get money and win, vs just get money. That's all. The other teams that were up for him weren'tgoing to pay him with food stamps, they just wouldn't have paid quite as much as the Raiders. So pipe down.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Yep.

We'll there's no doubt he can play, and 75% of his effort is better than 100% of the effort the Browns have previously had. I like the chances.

Oh no J0E HUSTLE
laugh.gif
What did you do?
Yuku locked me out for some reason. Kudos to their outstanding tech support...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

A source close to the situation, the same person that broke the Asante Samuel signing to OTR and GCobb.com, has confirmed that the Eagles will seek Roy Williams or Chad Johnson in a trade. The source told us to expect the Eagles to bring in a big name wide receiver this offseason. Asante Samuel was number one on the list and a big name receiver was a close number two. The Eagles are currently sitting tight awaiting to hear about the Larry Fitzgerald negotiations, but they will also seek Roy Williams or Chad Johnson if the Fitzgerald deal seems unlikely.

laugh.gif
I have come to believe you are delusional. You ain't gettingFitz, you ain't getting Roy, and you ain't getting Ocho Cinco. Just stop man. You think Lito is enough to pull either of them? You must be trippin. Joka you super funny dude.

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

laugh.gif
I have come to believe you are delusional. You ain't getting Fitz, you ain't getting Roy, and you ain't getting Ocho Cinco. Just stop man. You think Lito is enough to pull either of them? You must be trippin. Joka you super funny dude.

What I bolded just goes to show that you have no clue what's going on. When we land a #1 WR, you're the first one I'm laughing at. We tried toget Moss. We offered him more money than the Pats did. Now we are trying to land somebody else. We're not going to be idle the rest of the way. The windowis closing for a lot of important guys on our team, and the FO is going to do what it takes to give them the best shot to win a SB.

The Eagles neeeeed Fitz. It's a win-now and in the future situation. Dude is only 24. Unlike CJ, at 30 only has a 3-4 more years in him.

Back
Top Bottom