Dude got earholed.....

And wasn't looking....

Rosegreen was @ full speed....

That constitutes a big hit to me ....

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

The song > the hit.� That hit wasn't much.�
nerd.gif

I don't even know what the hell "down with the sickness" means, but every-freaking-time I hear this song I get the urge to go outside and drop a two-piece on the first person I see. Song is serious.

Jet Li in The One
pimp.gif

And I'm slowly becoming an Auburn fan.

I'm sorry but that felt good
pimp.gif

McCree is a big hitter. Good leader in practice. But he makes bone headed plays, sucks at zone coverage and takes bad angles on an open field tackle.

Sucks to play against McCree twice a year, because he'll take your head off. But I'm happy we are playing against McCree twice a year because hisdefense is easy to plan against.
pimp.gif

Good luck to McCree though. I don't mean to talk so bad about him because I did like him at times.

I gotta rep my team. If I don't no one will

Kelly signs; Lions' draft focus shifts
by Tom Kowalski
Saturday March 08, 2008, 6:51 PM
AP PhotoBrian Kelly, left, makes a tackle during the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 48-21 win over the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII.

Now that veteran cornerback Brian Kelly has signed (according to ESPN), the Detroit Lions can now shift their focus in the draft to other positions. Along withLeigh Bodden (who will start) and recently signed backups Travis Fisher and Keith Smith, the Lions feel they're in good shape in the defensive backfield.They might still grab a corner in the draft to continue building depth and youth, but it's not a pressing need anymore.

Last month, when the Lions' top four cornerback spots were vacant, head coach Rod Marinelli talked about the possibility of drafting a cornerback in boththe first and second round. Now the Lions can address several other positions in the draft:

--- Right tackle. The Lions re-signed George Foster and they believe he'll do better in Jim Colletto's system than Mike Martz's, but he's notthe answer to their right tackle problems. There are a couple of candidates available in the first and second round and the Lions -- who haven't drafted anoffensive linemen in the top three rounds since 2001 -- will likely go in that direction at some point.

--- Middle linebacker. The Lions want a veteran free agent to man the middle going into this season but they're still looking for a young player who willbe the long-term answer. The middle position is very complex in the Tampa Two and the coaching staff doesn't want to saddle all of that responsibility on arookie. With Jonathan Vilma and Dan Morgan already signed -- and Al Wilson's injury issue a real question mark -- the Lions might not have much choice.

--- Running back. Even if the Lions sign a free agent running back, there are strong indications they're going to draft a runner relatively high.

--- Defensive end. With Kalimba Edwards expected to leave the team before the start of training camp, the Lions need to replenish that spot. They need a truepass rusher and it's tough enough to find that kind of talent with the fifth overall pick, much less the 15th. Still, the Lions need to find a player whocan develop into a pass-rushing threat.

Anyone see Shawne Merriman giving insight on the Pats cheating....hmmm....oh, the irony
laugh.gif

Truth, tell Reche that he needs to re-up with Washington....he could be a good #4 WR....

[h1]Quarterback Green rejoins Rams as Bulger's backup[/h1]
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: March 10, 2008, 6:17 PM ET

Trent Green's return to the St. Louis Rams was a profitable one.

478.jpg

Green

He agreed to a three-year, $8.9 million deal that included a $2.1 million signing bonus and a $900,000 roster bonus on Monday. With a $1 million base salary, Green will make $4 million in 2008.

Green, who ended last season on injured reserve after his second concussion in 13 months, was cleared to play weeks ago and had several teams, including the New Orleans Saints, looking at him as a backup quarterback. Marc Bulger will be the starter in St. Louis, but he will be backed by a quarterback who is one of the most experienced in football.

[h4]Hashmarks[/h4]ESPN.com's Matt Mosley, Mike Sando and Pat Yasinskas are following the NFL free-agency frenzy and sharing their thoughts. Get the latest news from the always updated Hashmarks.

Green visited Rams Park last week and had been mulling a decision whether to keep playing. He replaces Gus Frerotte as Bulger's backup in his second stint with the Rams.

"We have now solidified our quarterback position," coach Scott Linehan said. "You will be hard-pressed to find the quality we have at that position."

Green also has a chance to reunite with offensive coordinator Al Saunders, who was hired during the offseason.

Green was released by the Dolphins last month. He played for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2001-06, starting every game the first five seasons and the first game of 2006 for a franchise-record 81-game streak.

Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Bengals add backer
By GEOFF HOBSON
March 10, 2008

Posted: 3:40 p.m.
According to his agent, the Bengals have agreed to terms with former Cardinals linebacker Darryl Blackstock, a 6-3, 240-pound college teammate of current Cincinnati middle linebacker Ahmad Brooks.

Brad Blank wouldn't reveal terms Monday, but said his client was impressed with head coach Marvin Lewis and the Bengals defensive coaches during his visit last week that followed a trip to Cleveland.

The Bengals don't confirm deals until they are signed.

Blackstock, 24, a three-year backup in Arizona, has two NFL starts and 44 tackles in 46 career games with four career sacks. While Brooks played inside the University of Virginia's 3-4 defense, Blackstock was an edge rusher for the Cavaliers at outside linebacker before Arizona drafted him in the third round in 2005.
[table][tr][td]
blackstock_darryl.jpg

Blackstock[/td] [/tr][/table]As the Bengals did to wide receiver Tab Perry, the Cardinals chose not to tender him an offer as a restricted free agent, making him an unrestricted free agent. He had 21 tackles and three sacks this past season as a backup strong-side linebacker and nickel pass rusher. He had the Cards' lone sack in the 35-27 victory over the Bengals back on Nov. 18.
Blackstock could get looks at both outside backer spots and as a nickel rusher.

Perry is reportedly in Green Bay on Monday for a visit.

I like Blackstock coming out of UVA. Hopefully he can be solid for us, and it'll be a lot easier next to Ahmad Brooks and Odell Thurman
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Tampa Bay signed Warrick Dunn & Bryant Johnson today.
They signed Antonio Bryant, not Bryant Johnson. Bryant Johnson is going to be the Eagles #1 WR pick-up this offseason.

They signed Antonio Bryant, not Bryant Johnson. Bryant Johnson is going to be the Eagles #1 WR pick-up this offseason.

It's "big-time #1" receiver.

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Tampa Bay signed Warrick Dunn & Bryant Johnson today.

No.

Back
Top Bottom